Georgia has protections for workers who suffer injuries and illness due to work conditions. Workers’ compensation benefits cover your medical expenses and offset your lost income while you miss time recuperating.
An Athens workers’ compensation attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will work to ensure you get the benefits you deserve. In addition, our Athens personal injury lawyers will address any challenges to your claim, allowing you to focus on recovery.
Benefits You May Receive Through a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Athens
Georgia allows eligible individuals to receive workers’ compensation benefits for up to 400 weeks. However, there is no guarantee that you will get the benefits you’re entitled to receive—not without a fight, at least. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will hold insurers accountable for the benefits they’ve agreed to provide.
Georgia’s State Board of Workers’ Compensation explains the workers’ compensation benefits you could receive to reduce the harm you face while unable to work due to your injuries.
Compensation for Medical Treatment
You should receive compensation for any medical expense authorized by the insurance company. However, our attorneys will fight to have the insurer cover expenses it didn’t initially allow.
Covered medical expenses could include these costs:
- Emergency transportation and treatment
- Independent visits with doctors
- Prescriptions and medications
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Travel expenses related to your medical care
Every injury is different, so the medical expenses each of our clients face are unique. Thus, our team works with medical professionals and experts to identify all your covered medical bills.
Replacement of Wages
Injured and ill workers can generally receive up to two-thirds of their average weekly wage. Our team will fight to ensure your injury gets the correct rating, allowing you to receive the maximum workers’ comp benefits permitted by law.
Surviving loved ones might qualify for death benefits if your loved one passes away from a work-related injury or illness. However, another option, such as a wrongful death lawsuit, may be appropriate. Thus, our firm will determine the best choice and help you pursue it.
For a free legal consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Athens, call (404) 888-8888
Athens Workers’ Compensation FAQsMy Job Isn’t Providing Guidance on my Work-Related Injury. What Steps Should I Take?Is Pain and Suffering Included in Workers’ Compensation?Will My Employer Find Out if I Hire a Lawyer?How Long Does a Workers’ Compensation (WC) Case Typically Last?What Is the Maximum TTD in Georgia?Can You Go on Vacation While on Workers’ Compensation?
How an Attorney From Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Can Help With Your Workers’ Compensation Claim in Athens
Having an attorney lead your workers’ compensation claim allows you to prioritize rest and recovery. Our team will handle every aspect of your claim, including:
- Preparing you for the claims process: You will likely undergo a medical evaluation, may have to make statements, and participate in other aspects of the claims process. Our team will ensure that you’re prepared for each of these steps.
- Documenting your injury or illness: Insurance companies will require documentation to pay your claim. Thus, we will work with your doctors and our experts to document your injury or illness. Your attorney will gather, organize, and submit medical records, images of injuries, expert testimony, and other relevant documentation.
- Managing the claims process: Your lawyer will complete paperwork, make phone calls, and be the point person for all steps in the claims process. In addition, we will keep in constant contact with the insurance company to ensure your claim progresses as it should.
- Dealing with insurance companies: Insurers who issue workers’ compensation policies can make mistakes regarding claim denials. So, we will handle the insurance company to ensure it processes your claim correctly. We’ll also negotiate with the insurer to fight for the benefits you deserve.
- Considering additional legal options: We’ll explain other options available for seeking the benefits you deserve.
We will be your representative. In addition, we’re available anytime to answer questions about your workers’ comp claim, handle something claim-related, or provide a status update. So, don’t worry about getting the benefits you deserve; that will be our concern.
We Will Handle All Challenges to Your Claim
Our team has seen first-hand the challenges you might face with your claim. We’ve handled hundreds of workers’ compensation claims in Georgia, so we can address these potential hurdles head-on, ensuring they do not cause you stress or worry.
Some claim-related issues we could encounter include the following:
- Allegations your ailment is not covered: An insurer may claim you engaged in “horseplay” at the time of your injury. Or the insurer might allege no provable link between your job and the medical condition. However, we will fight any attempts to deny the benefits you deserve.
- Disputes about your average weekly wage: We will determine your average weekly wage and dispute their determination if it is incorrect. We will fight for them to accept the accurate figure.
- Delays in the claims process: You deserve benefits in a reasonable timeframe. Thus, if any unexplained or unacceptable delays occur, we’ll pressure insurers to move forward.
- Incorrect diagnosis: Your employer may choose the doctor who evaluates your injuries. If your employer-chosen doctors misdiagnose your condition or offer unsatisfactory recommendations, we’ll arrange for you to see other medical professionals.
- Attempts to end your workers’ compensation benefits prematurely: The legal cap on workers’ compensation benefits is 400 weeks. However, insurers have a financial motivation to cut off benefits well before you reach 400 weeks. Thus, we’ll continue to document your ailment so that you continue receiving fair benefits.
These are just some of the issues that have led many injured and sick workers to work with our team. So, we’ll tackle these issues head-on, allowing you to focus on your health and well-being.
Athens Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Why Choose a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer From Bader Scott Injury Lawyers?
The workers’ compensation claims process does not end when your employer files the claim—or even when you begin receiving benefits. Thus, our team will help file your claim in Athens, but we’ll also work to ensure you continue receiving benefits throughout the duration of your injury or illness.
A workers’ compensation attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has your back. Contact our firm today to schedule your free consultation.