A head-on collision with another vehicle can leave you and your passengers seriously injured. Head-on crashes are often caused by the other driver’s negligence. A Rome head-on collisions lawyer can help you pursue damages you may be entitled to recover.
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we are committed to building the strongest possible case on your behalf as we fight for compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. To learn more about our personal injury law firm and receive your free consultation, call us today at (404) 888-8888.
Hire a Lawyer on Our Team to Fight for You
The aftermath of an accident can be quite distressing, and handling a personal injury case can make it even more overwhelming. Let a lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers take on your case while you concentrate on healing. They can:
- Gather evidence
- Manage all communication
- Negotiate a settlement
- Submit all required paperwork in time
- Represent you in court, if needed
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collisions lawyer serving Rome, call (404) 888-8888
Pursuing Compensation for Personal Injuries Suffered in a Head-On Collision
If the driver who struck you head-on was driving recklessly, you might be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against them for damages to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If the insurance company refuses to pay a just amount, then your head-on collisions attorney can argue your rights before a judge or jury. The damages recoverable through a verdict or settlement fall into two categories—economic and non-economic.
The economic damages you may be able to recover from a head-on accident are meant to compensate you for your financial losses. These include your past and future medical bills, lost wages, and out-of-pocket expenses.
Your medical bills include doctors’ visits, surgeries, hospital bills, prescription costs, specialists, physical therapy, and any other related costs for medical treatment.
Damages for lost wages can consist of both the wages you have already missed out on earning due to your accident injuries, as well as your lost earning potential or inability to work in the future.
Your out-of-pocket expenses can include other things related to your injuries—specialty equipment you need to purchase, home healthcare and other services, etc. After a serious injury, your life can change. You may need to hire services to help you go about your day to day life that would otherwise be unnecessary.
A Rome head-on collisions lawyer from our team can help you argue for these damages.
Non-economic damages are meant to compensate for the intangible losses you have suffered after the head-on crash. These can include your physical pain, mental and emotional suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
After an accident takes your health from you, you may struggle to participate in activities and hobbies you once loved, and day to day life can become a painful struggle. Your Rome head-on collisions lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will fight to get you the compensation you deserve for these losses as well as for your financial losses.
They can negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company to recover compensation on your behalf. Call our law office today at (404) 888-8888 to learn more.
Rome Head-On Collisions Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Facts About Head-On Collisions
Head-on collisions can be dangerous and even fatal. According to the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH), crashes “are the leading cause of injury deaths and [the] second leading cause of hospitalizations and ER visits in Georgia.”
Causes of Head-On Crashes
Various circumstances can cause head-on collisions, but here are some common forms of negligent driving that can lead to these dangerous crashes.
- Fatigued driving: drowsy driving can dull the senses and reflexes, making it difficult for drivers to see and respond to changing traffic conditions. Additionally, fatigued drivers may nod off at the wheel, causing them to veer into oncoming traffic.
- Drunk or drug-impaired driving: drivers who are under the influence can also end up veering into oncoming traffic and may also miss signals and signs indicating the flow of traffic. A drunk driver may go the wrong way on a one-way street or may have difficulty gauging their distance from oncoming vehicles, resulting in a head-on collision.
- Aggressive driving: when driving aggressively (speeding, tailgating, road rage, etc.), drivers can miss traffic signs and signals, potentially causing head-on collisions.
- Distracted driving: the same goes for drivers who are distracted by texting, talking on the phone, messing with the radio or GPS, eating, etc. They may miss a change in traffic flow, causing a head-on accident.
Common Injuries Suffered in Head-On Collision Accidents
Some injuries that are common with head-on crashes are as follows:
- Back injuries: Damage to the back can result in sprains, strains, and lasting pain, making it difficult to work or go about your day-to-day life.
- Spinal cord injuries: If the spine is damaged, this can result in nerve damage and temporary or permanent paralysis. Paraplegia is the loss of sensation and function in the lower body, and quadriplegia is the loss of sensation and function in both the upper and lower body.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): TBIs happen when the head is struck with force. They can result in concussions, brain bleeds, coma, and death.
- Internal injuries: injuries to your internal organs can result in bleeding that requires surgery, as well as organ damage.
- Broken bones and lacerations: these can range from merely painful to incapacitating and even disfiguring.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us to Learn About Your Rights to Compensation Today
To get started on pursuing compensation for your injuries after a negligent driver leaves you injured, reach out to Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today. Your first consultation is free. Call us now at (404) 888-8888.