A Rome, GA, back and neck injuries attorney with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help if you were hurt on the job. If your injuries resulted from a workplace accident, we can recover medical benefits and more with a workers’ compensation claim.
Our Lawyers Will Secure Your Workers’ Compensation Benefits
According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, back and neck injuries can cause chronic and disabling pain, restrict mobility, and interfere with your quality of life. A back and neck injury can also lead to expensive medical bills and lost income if you cannot work.
If you sustained a back or neck injury in a workplace accident or because of job-related repetitive stress/overuse, our attorneys can help you seek the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve. O.C.G.A. Title 34, Chapter 9 outlines Georgia’s workers’ compensation laws. Under the statute, injured workers can apply for:
- Medical payments. Your employer must have information posted in your workplace identifying healthcare providers approved by your workers’ compensation policy. As long as you seek treatment from an approved doctor, the policy should cover your medical bills, including emergency care, rehabilitation and ongoing treatment, medical travel expenses, prescription drugs, mobility aids, and surgeries.
- Wage replacement benefits. If your back and neck injuries cause you to miss work for seven or more days, you can recover a portion of your lost wages. Usually, workers’ compensation pays two-thirds of your previous weekly wage, with payments lasting up to 400 weeks. However, you may qualify for lifetime benefits if you sustained a catastrophic injury. Our lawyers will help you pursue the maximum amount of wage compensation available for your injury.
- Death benefits. Workers’ compensation provides death benefits to the spouse and dependent children of fatally injured workers. If your loved one died because of a back or neck injury sustained on the job, you may be entitled to funeral and burial expenses up to $7,500 and wage replacement benefits.
- Vocational rehabilitation. If you sustained a permanent or disabling injury that prevents you from returning to your previous job, you can receive vocational training and help to find employment through Georgia’s State Board of Workers’ Compensation (SBWC).
We May Be Able to Recover Damages With a Third-Party Personal Injury Case
In general, you cannot sue an employer covered by workers’ compensation for a work injury. However, if a third party’s actions contributed to your accident, our Rome back and neck injury attorneys can help you with a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
You may be able to recover your medical bills, the entirety of your lost wages (not just two-thirds), and other damages not available through workers’ compensation, including:
- Loss of your future earning capacity
- Personal property damages
- The value of household services you can no longer perform
- Compensation for severe and debilitating physical injuries
- The cost of a medically-necessary home and vehicle modifications
- Awards for emotional suffering and mental anguish
- The overall quality of life reductions
- Noneconomic wrongful death compensation
You do not need to prove negligence when seeking workers’ compensation benefits, but you will need to show another party is at-fault to win personal injury awards. Our attorneys can help you identify liable third parties (including general contractors, subcontractors, property managers, job-site suppliers, or even reckless coworkers) and establish that their wrongful behavior led to your accident, injuries, and damages.
For a free legal consultation with a back and neck injuries lawyer serving Rome, call (404) 888-8888
How Can Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Help With Your Claim?
Not all workers’ compensation claims are straightforward. Many potential snags can result in reduced benefits or a denied claim. We can help if:
- Your employer denies your injury or claims your injury is not work-related
- Your employer alleges your actions caused your accident (i.e., you were drinking on the job, or you purposely caused your injury)
- You did not report your accident to your employer in a timely fashion
- You did not file your workers’ compensation claim on time
- Your employer’s insurer refuses to pay for needed treatments
- You disagree with your doctor’s determination that you can return to work
- You have already received the denial of a claim and need assistance with an appeal
Our Rome back and neck injury lawyers can:
- File your initial workers’ compensation claim or appeal
- Obtain eyewitness accounts of your accident
- Obtain your medical records and consult with medical experts about your injury
- Obtain available surveillance video or cell phone footage of your accident
- Fight to ensure your medical bills get paid, and you receive the most advantageous wage compensation possible
- Prepare your personal injury claim or lawsuit
- Represent you throughout an appeal or at trial if necessary
Take Action Before Time Runs Out
You should report your accident to your employer right away. Failure to do so within 30 days of its occurrence may bar you from receiving benefits. According to the SBWC, you have one year to file your workers’ compensation claim. Additionally, O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 allows two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
If you do not comply with these deadlines, you may have no options for recovering your damages. The sooner you reach out, the sooner we can help you get started.
Rome Back and Neck Injuries Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
What Causes Workplace Back and Neck Injuries?
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), some of the top causes of work-related injuries include:
- Slip and falls
- Falls from heights
- Contact with objects and equipment (struck by/against accidents and caught in/between accidents)
- Transportation incidents
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can assist with back and neck injuries stemming from these and other workplace accidents. You do not have to fight for workers’ compensation benefits or personal injury damages alone. We can stand by your side.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has fought for the rights of clients in Georgia since 2008. We know how stressful it can be to face medical bills, time off work, and other expenses while recovering from an injury. Let our Rome back and neck injury attorneys help you get the workers’ compensation benefits you need to get back on your feet.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can serve you and take your case at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost.