Cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment can pose a workplace hazard. If you or your loved one suffered an injury while on the job, a Smyrna heavy machinery accident lawyer can help recover your damages with a workers’ compensation claim.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can also review your case and determine if you can pursue additional awards with a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Since 2008, our firm has helped accident victims secure the compensation they need and deserve. We can start you down the road to financial recovery today with a free consultation.
Our Attorneys Can Help Recover Your Heavy Machinery Accident Damages
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers wants to ensure that you and your family do not suffer further because of the economic burden of your heavy machinery accident. If you were hurt on the job, you have options for pursuing your damages, and we can help. Our attorneys can seek your losses via:
Georgia’s workers’ compensation laws, outlined in O.C.G.A. Title 34, Chapter 9, require that most businesses with three or more employees carry workers’ compensation insurance. If you work for a covered employer and your heavy machinery accident injury happened during the “course and scope” of your job duties, you can seek the following benefits:
- Medical payments. You can recover the cost of necessary medical treatment received from an approved provider. The law requires that your employer post a list in your workplace of authorized physicians. Medical benefits can last up to 400 weeks or until you reach maximum medical recovery. Workers who sustain catastrophic injuries may be eligible for lifetime medical coverage.
- Wage replacement. If you cannot work because of your injury, wage replacement benefits provide compensation for up to 66 percent of your average weekly wage (capped at $725 per week). If you can work reduced hours or perform a lower-paying job, benefits will compensate you for two-thirds of the difference between your current wage and pre-injury wage. As with medical payments, wage benefits may last up to 400 weeks, though catastrophically injured workers can seek lifetime compensation.
- Death benefits. If you are the spouse or dependent child of a fatally injured worker, you can receive death benefits. Your settlement may include payment for medical expenses, funeral and burial costs (up to $7,500), and two-thirds of your loved one’s average weekly wage.
Personal Injury Compensation
In most cases, you cannot sue a covered employer for damages resulting from a workplace accident. However, our Smyrna lawyers can review your case and determine if a third party (such as an equipment manufacturer, coworker, or general contractor) bears responsibility for your heavy machinery accident. If so, we can pursue compensation for additional damages not payable by workers’ compensation, including:
- The total value of your lost wages, including benefits, bonuses, and other earnings
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damages for personal items harmed during your accident, such as your private vehicle, tools, or safety gear
- Pain and suffering, including awards for physical pain, scarring, disfigurement, loss of mobility, emotional suffering, mental anguish, and reduced quality of life
- Loss of a deceased’s financial support, including wages they would likely have earned, had they lived
- Loss of a loved one’s companionship, support, and guidance
For a free legal consultation with a heavy machinery accidents lawyer serving Smyrna, call (404) 888-8888
Our Smyrna Heavy Machinery Accident Attorneys Will Navigate Your Claim or Lawsuit
Handling your workers’ compensation claim alone can use up time and energy better spent on your recovery. This can be especially true if you must fight back against a denied claim or a lowball settlement. Fortunately, our team can manage your case so you can focus on your health and your family. We will
- Prove that you suffered an injury and it occurred on the job
- Establish your right to medical or wage benefits and calculate your damages
- Stand up to allegations of wrongdoing on your part that could negate your right to workers’ compensation
- Communicate with insurers and other involved parties on your behalf
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
- Appeal denied benefits and represent you throughout the appeals process
Furthermore, if you have grounds for a lawsuit, we can take legal action. Our Smyrna attorneys can prove that another party’s negligent, wrongful, or reckless behavior resulted in your injuries and damages. If necessary, we will not back down from pursuing your case all the way to trial.
Get Started Before Deadlines Expire
According to the State Board of Workers’ Compensation (SBWC), you must notify your employer of your injuries within 30 days of your accident. Failure to do so could hurt your chances of securing benefits.
If the insurance company denies your workers’ compensation claim, you have one year to request a hearing before the SBWC. Our lawyers can prepare you and your claim for the hearing and represent you during the proceeding.
Smyrna Heavy Machinery Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Machinery and Equipment Accidents Are a Leading Causes of Workplace Injuries
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), contact with objects and equipment is the leading cause of fatal injuries in the workplace. Additionally, these types of accidents are the fourth-leading cause of nonfatal workplace injuries involving days away from work. You may have a heavy machinery accident claim if you were:
- Struck by heavy machinery or equipment
- Pushed or thrown into the machinery
- Caught by or in heavy machinery or equipment
- Involved in a transportation accident involving heavy machinery
- Injured by vibration, friction, pressure, or harmful noise
Our Smyrna heavy machinery accident lawyers have experience with workplace accident cases spanning various industries. We can assist with injuries involving:
- Industrial machinery
- Manufacturing equipment
- Farming equipment
- Cherry pickers
- Boom trucks
- Forklifts and pallet loaders
- Garbage trucks
- And more
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers
Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. A team member can answer your questions and tell you more about how our Smyrna heavy machinery accident lawyer can take your case at no upfront cost.