Sharing the road with a truck can be scary…and with good reason! These vehicles are large and heavy, which makes it difficult for them to brake quickly. The drivers are high up, and visibility may be limited. And let’s not forget, their impressive size means they can do considerable damage if they are in a wreck.
It is for these reasons that drivers will want to do all they can to avoid a truck accident. Still, if you become involved in one, you will want a reliable lawyer on your side.
Read on to find out about the causes of truck accidents and what to do if you were injured.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Many things can cause a truck accident. Here are some of the most common.
- Tire Blowouts: If tires are not well manufactured or maintained, a tire blowout can occur. Tire blowouts can be especially dangerous in truck accidents because trucks are such heavy vehicles. Drivers may struggle to control their vehicle after a blowout occurs and may end off veering across the road, causing considerable damage.
- Brake Malfunctions: Brake malfunctions are scary when they occur on any vehicle, but they are even more terrifying when they occur on a heavy truck. What’s even more frightening is that a truck could be carrying cargo that can spill all over the road when brakes malfunction. This can cause many cars to be involved in the wreck.
- Right-Hand Turns: Trucks need a wide berth when making a right-hand turn. If they do not give themselves enough room, they may end up hitting another vehicle. In most cases, this type of accident will be the fault of the truck driver. However, if the other vehicle is not behind the white line, the other driver could be responsible.
- Falling Loads: Many trucks carry cargo. If the shipment is not well secured, it can fall out and scatter across the road. Many cars can become involved in this type of accident.
- Jackknife: Tractor-trailers are often involved in accidents. These commonly occur when the driver brakes too hard and the trailer swings around to hit into the cab of the truck. These accidents are hazardous as they can impact several lanes of the highway.
- Rollovers: When a truck turns at high speeds, the entire vehicle can rollover. These types of accidents are more likely to occur in icy or wet conditions.
- Sideswipes: Truck drivers have considerable blind spots, and this makes it difficult for them to see the cars that are next to them. If they attempt to move into a lane and don’t see the car next to them, it can result in a sideswipe accident. Sideswipes can also occur when a truck and another car try to cram into an area that does not have ample space for both vehicles.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Smyrna, call (404) 888-8888
What Should I Do if I Was Involved in a Truck Accident?
If you were involved in a truck accident, it is crucial to gather as much evidence as possible. Take pictures of the accident from all angles. Get the contact information for any witnesses. Talk to the police so they can file a report.
It’s also vital that you seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you were severely injured, your injuries may get worse over time. If you put off getting medical care, at-fault parties may try to say your injuries weren’t caused by your accident.
It’s also essential to find the right lawyer. A good lawyer will help you build a strong case and make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Smyrna Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Finding the Right Lawyer for Your Smyrna, GA Truck Accident
If you are looking for a truck accident lawyer in the Smyrna, GA area, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is highly recommended.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has a reliable team of lawyers that specialize in personal injuries. Their years of experience have allowed them to become experts in their field. They are known for their winning outcomes, their aggressive representation, and their caring approach.
A truck accident is a scary experience that can have long-lasting effects on your mental and physical health. Don’t let at-fault drivers get away with it. The Bader Scott team will see to it that justice is served.