It’s always tragic to lose a loved one. But when a death happens due to avoidable circumstances, the death may come with additional shock and financial hardship—most are not psychologically, emotionally, or financially prepared for a wrongful death.
While nothing can take away the pain one feels due to a wrongful death, fighting at-fault parties in court and getting compensation can provide some closure. A Smyrna wrongful death lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will fight for a financial recovery that may help you and your loved one move forward from your loved one’s passing.
Should I Hire My Smyrna Wrongful Death Lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers?
We believe that you should. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is the choice for many wrongful death victims in Smyrna because:
- Wrongful death claims are a key focus for our firm: The legal process in your case will be familiar to our legal team, as we’ve represented many wrongful death victims throughout Georgia. From the initial consultation to the resolution of your case, you’ll know you are in capable hands with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers.
- We never back down from insurance companies or other liable parties: Our legal team will demand fair compensation from whoever owes you money, whether it is an insurance company or another responsible party. We will remain steadfast during settlement negotiations and take your case to court without hesitation if that’s the right move for you.
- We will fight for your total financial recovery: Our case results prove our ability to secure large recoveries for clients. Once we understand how much compensation you deserve, we won’t settle for anything less.
- We understand the economic and non-economic cost of wrongful deaths: There is no other case type like a wrongful death case. You’re not injured or sick. You’ve lost a loved one permanently, and the case we make in Smyrna will reflect the gravity of your loss.
Our focus is our clients, so you should expect urgency, compassion, and respect every time you interact with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. We will provide courteous, regular case updates throughout the legal process.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Smyrna, call (404) 888-8888
Smyrna Wrongful Death FAQsHow Hard Is It to Prove Wrongful Death?How Does a Wrongful Death Claim Work?What Is the Statute of Limitations on Wrongful Death?What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?How Much is a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Worth?What Happens After a Wrongful Death Deposition?
What Are Some Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases in Smyrna?
Many circumstances can lead to wrongful death. Wrongful death cases we handle in Smyrna sometimes involve:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Dangerous premises, which can lead to slip and fall and trip and fall accidents
- Defective product accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
If you have lost a loved one under any circumstances you believe were preventable, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers wants to hear from you as soon as possible.
Smyrna Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
The Wrongful Death Statute in Smyrna, GA
Different states handle wrongful deaths in different ways. In Georgia, we seek damages for the full value of the decedent’s life. Therefore, we will place a monetary value on what the deceased’s life is worth, including their loss of earnings and the emotional toll their loss has had on the family.
Obviously, this can be quite trying for a family. Still, the right lawyer will take a sensitive approach and make the process as easy as possible.
Your case may involve punitive damages. These damages generally apply when a liable party’s behavior is egregious and are not a factor in every wrongful death case. Our firm understands when to seek punitive damages, and we will determine this in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Compensation Should Family Members Receive for a Wrongful Death in Smyrna?
Loved ones dealing with a wrongful death often face both financial and non-economic harm. You deserve complete compensation for such damages, which you are suffering through no fault of your own.
What’s more, fighting at-fault parties can provide closure that will make it easier for family members to move on with their lives. With that in mind, your wrongful death lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may seek compensation covering:
- Medical expenses: These include the ambulance cost and any care the deceased may have received before their death.
- Funeral expenses: These include any costs associated with the funeral or burial.
- Loss of Earnings: This will make up for any income, services, and benefits the family may have received from the deceased were they still living.
- Loss of consortium: This compensation will account for any emotional pain and suffering the immediate family experiences, including lost spousal companionship and lost parental guidance.
Each client we represent in Smyrna has a unique story to tell. Our firm will compassionately discuss your case with you, identifying every damage that has resulted from your loved one’s tragic death.
How Long Does a Wrongful Death Case in Smyrna, GA Take?
There is no clear timeline concerning when a family will receive compensation for wrongful death. There is generally a statute of limitations for filing a wrongful death case in Georgia, which O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 dictates is generally two years from the date of the decedent’s passing.
Our firm will resolve your case as efficiently as possible, but securing a fair financial recovery is our mission. We will provide regular updates, refer you to resources that may help you in the short term, and work relentlessly to secure the compensation you deserve.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
The wrongful death attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will take a caring approach to your case and fight relentlessly for the proper outcome. Our team serving Smyrna has years of experience in wrongful death cases, and we’re ready to start your case today.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation about hiring a wrongful death lawyer.