A bicycle accident can leave you feeling vulnerable and uncertain of how to take legal action. You may wonder if you have the right to file an insurance claim or lawsuit. If you can, you could pursue a financial recovery if someone caused your injury.
You can get your initial questions about your case answered for free. When you call a member of our team, they can help you clarify the following:
- What kinds of compensation you could pursue
- How a lawyer can help you seek a fair settlement
- Whether an insurance claim or lawsuit could be appropriate for your case
- What steps you can take to support your case for compensation
- And more
Filing an insurance claim or lawsuit is complex, and a Stonecrest bicycle accident lawyer can help you take the next steps forward. Call a team member from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888 to learn more today.
What to Do After a Bike Accident
After an accident, you can take several steps that can support your health and your foundation for a legal case.
Consider taking these actions after a bike accident:
- File a police report, even if the accident seems minor
- Seek medical care, even if your injuries do not seem serious
- Collect contact information from any witnesses, if possible
- Take photos of your injuries and the accident site
- Call the office of a lawyer as soon as you are well enough to do so
If you file a police report and gather witness contact information, you will be able to give this information to a lawyer to help build evidence for your case.
Seeking immediate medical care is crucial for your health, as some injuries may not seem readily apparent. At the same time, creating medical records of your injuries will help to show that the accident caused you harm and losses. A lawyer can present this documentation to an insurance company on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Stonecrest, call (404) 888-8888
You Can File an Insurance Claim or Lawsuit After a Bike Accident
One of the first questions in your mind might have to do with the legal action you could take after your accident. The answer is that you have the right to pursue compensation from someone who caused your injuries. An insurance claim or lawsuit could be a means of seeking compensation.
Typically, your lawyer will proceed with your case for compensation by:
- Filing a lawsuit with the negligent driver’s insurance company
- Proceeding with negotiations to seek a fair insurance settlement, if needed
- Filing a lawsuit if the insurance company will not agree to a fair settlement
In other words, you could file a lawsuit for your case, but a lawyer will often try to settle with an insurance claim first. This will typically save you time and the effort of a court trial.
Stonecrest Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Compensation You Could Seek After a Bike Accident
Many people will want to understand what kind of compensation they can expect as they move forward with an insurance claim or lawsuit. Even though you were not in an accident while driving a car, you could pursue more compensation than you think.
Property Damage Costs
A bicycle can be expensive to replace or repair, ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars in losses. Your bicycle’s damage could be included in your case value.
Your initial visit to an emergency department can be included in your compensation as well as many other medical costs. If you require future and ongoing care, such as physical therapy, this could be part of your case value. Prescription medication, surgery, and hospitalization can also be included.
Loss of Income
Accidents can change your life and affect your ability to work. If you lost income due to the accident or had to reduce your hours, this could be included in your case value.
How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
Your lawyer can help you with every aspect of your case. In order to help you seek as much compensation as possible, your lawyer can handle the following for you:
- Collecting evidence to present to an insurance company
- Gathering expert testimony or witness testimony to show how the accident happened
- Determining who was liable and pursuing compensation from that person or entity
- Advising you on when you may want to accept an insurance settlement offer
- Handling all the communication with the insurance company
- Ensuring your case meets the deadline to file a lawsuit in Georgia, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33
You may still be wondering if working with a lawyer will be best for you. You can call the office of a Stonecrest bicycle accident lawyer to find out how a lawyer can help and if their services make sense for your situation.
Call a team member from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to learn more: (404) 888-8888.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What You Can Do to Strengthen Your Injury Case
You can take several steps to ensure that your case is on track and that you can seek as much compensation as possible.
Consider the following guidelines to protect the full value of your settlement:
- Take care of your health and attend important appointments. Even after your initial emergency room visit, continue seeking the treatment and care recommended by your doctor. Be sure to document your ongoing medical needs.
- Refrain from making statements about the accident to anyone but a lawyer. Avoid making posts on social media or making statements to any insurance companies until you’ve consulted with a lawyer. These statements could affect your settlement outcome.
- Be aware of any deadlines for lawsuits in your state. Consult with a lawyer as soon as you can regarding the exact deadline to file a suit. This will ensure your right to file a lawsuit is protected
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Can Help Bicycle Accident Victims
As Stonecrest bicycle accident lawyers, we understand what bicycle accident victims go through. We can be a voice for you and help fight for your financial recovery.
Call a representative from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888 to find out how we can help you seek outstanding results for your case.