As a pedestrian who was injured in an accident, you may be hurt financially and physically—and you may want to know how much compensation you could pursue from the driver who hit you. While this amount will vary, you could be able to receive much more than you think. The details that could affect how much you collect include:
- The severity of your injuries
- Your medical costs
- Other factors
You do not have to assess your case’s merits on your own. The office of an injury lawyer typically provides accident victims with a free consultation. During this free call, you could learn:
- How much compensation you may be able to seek from an insurance settlement
- If you may want to consider a lawsuit
- How to handle insurance companies who may be contacting you
- What a lawyer can do to pursue a fair settlement on your behalf
- Anything else you need to know to take the first steps of your injury case
A Stonecrest pedestrian accident lawyer could help you start seeking the financial recovery you may deserve. Call a team member from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888 to find out how we can help.
Injured Pedestrians Have Rights and Can Seek Compensation
You may not be certain about what forms of compensation you can seek after getting injured, as a pedestrian does not sustain vehicle damage in an accident. However, injuries to your body come with many forms of costs to you, and you have a right to seek compensation for those costs.
For instance, if you were hit by a car and were left with a traumatic brain injury (TBI), you could have required an ambulance ride to an emergency room, advanced imaging for your diagnosis, and ongoing therapy or medical devices in order to recover from your TBI.
You also may have needed to miss work due to these health issues–and this could have resulted in even more financial losses.
As a pedestrian who a driver hit, you could seek compensation for the following losses:
- Medical costs including prescription medication, hospitalization, surgery, medical appointments, physical therapy, and more
- Future medical costs for ongoing care needs, if you require treatment for months or years to come
- Lost wages including lost income from days spent in the hospital, in doctor’s offices, or in doctor-ordered recovery
- Future lost earning potential due to impairments from the accident that limit your ability to work
- Loss of consortium, which includes compensation to help with your costs if you are a surviving family member of a pedestrian killed by a driver
A Stonecrest pedestrian accident lawyer can help you identify what costs you may be able to recover through an insurance settlement or lawsuit. Call a representative from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to learn more at (404) 888-8888.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Stonecrest, call (404) 888-8888
How Much Compensation You Can Pursue
Every accident is unique, and this means that every case value will be different. A lawyer will be able to help you determine a fair value for your unique case.
Factors that could affect the amount of compensation you could seek after an accident include:
- How much you have spent on medical care
- How much you could spend on medical care in the future
- How the accident and your injuries have affected your life and your work
- If you lost a loved one to an accident
- The severity of your pain and suffering due to the accident
- And other factors
A lawyer will help you consider not only the short-term costs of your accident, but the long-term and bigger picture losses that you’ve faced. They will fight to include these big picture costs as part of your insurance settlement amount.
This is one of the advantages of hiring a lawyer—you will not have to simply accept the insurance company’s first offer. Your lawyer will work to show the insurance company that you may deserve much more than their initial settlement amount.
Stonecrest Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Reasons to Hire a Lawyer for Your Case
A lawyer can help you with your case in a number of ways. While you may prefer to manage everything involved in an insurance settlement or lawsuit, a lawyer can handle any or all of the following details for you:
Determining Who Is at Fault When a Car Hits a Pedestrian
You may be wondering if you or the driver was at fault for your accident. A lawyer will know how to examine the accident report, witness testimonies, accident video (if available), and other sources of evidence to determine who was actually at fault. Once a lawyer has this information, they can determine who may be liable for your compensation.
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we don’t recommend trying to judge liability on your own, as liability can be one of the most complicated parts of an injury case.
Negotiating with the Insurance Companies
In the early stages of your case, you may encounter the following issues with the insurance company of the driver who hit you:
- They may offer you a low settlement amount soon after the accident
- They may ask you to make statements about your accident
- They may try to deny your claim or assign you the blame for the accident
A lawyer can immediately take over the conversation with the insurance companies. They can ensure that your voice is heard and that the evidence for your compensation is clear and compelling.
Complying with Important Deadlines
Keep in mind that you have a limited time to file a lawsuit if needed to pursue fair compensation. In Georgia, you have two years to file suit, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
We recommend getting started with your case as soon as you can. Our staff can help ensure that you meet any important deadlines for filing your case.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Fights for Pedestrian Accident Victims
When you work with a Stonecrest pedestrian accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, you can expect the following services:
- Gathering evidence to support your case
- Handling communication with all third parties and insurance companies
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
- Ensuring that your case meets any important deadlines
- Filing important paperwork for you
- And more
We serve pedestrian accident victims in the Stonecrest area and take pride in offering clients personalized attention and fighting for outstanding case results. Call us today to learn more about how we can help at (404) 888-8888.