Although some traffic accidents occur where no one is at fault, it is far more common for one driver’s mistake to lead to a crash with injuries. When one driver makes an error, it creates a situation in which other drivers are unable to predict what the first driver will do, preventing them from taking defensive actions to avoid a collision.
This is often what occurs when a driver makes an illegal turn on the road in Georgia. Other drivers may not expect an approaching vehicle to make the mistake of turning illegally, so these collisions frequently occur at close to normal traveling speeds. This leaves very little time to react and apply the brakes.
If you suffered injuries because of a mistake by another driver at an intersection, you have the right to seek compensation for your medical bills, pain, and suffering. A Warner Robins improper turns accident lawyer from the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is ready to help. Call us at (404) 888-8888 for a free review of your case as soon as possible.
Dangers of Intersection Accidents
According to AutoInsurance.org, American roadways average about 24 deaths in intersections per day. Some of these fatal accidents involve one driver making an improper turn, which leads to a serious crash.
Potential Victims of Improper Turn Accidents
When a driver makes an improper turn, he or she is in danger of suffering injuries. However, other people in the vicinity also are in danger, including:
- Other drivers. A driver turning illegally could strike another car almost head-on or in a T-bone accident, both of which place a lot of force on the drivers and passengers in the vehicles involved.
- Pedestrians. A pedestrian who is in the crosswalk legally could get struck by a car turning illegally, leading to significant injuries.
- Bicyclists and motorcyclists. Riders may get hit by drivers making an illegal turn or when drivers fail to see them approaching before making a legal turn.
Proving Fault in a Collision
A driver making an improper turn at an intersection will likely receive a traffic ticket if law enforcement can determine what happened. If the ticketed driver hit you and injured you while making the illegal turn, this traffic ticket can be a key piece of evidence in a personal injury lawsuit.
Your Warner Robins improper turns accident lawyer can use the issuance of a ticket to prove to the driver’s insurance company that its client is at fault for the crash in which you were injured. By showing who was at fault, our team can help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Count on Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to advocate for your right to receive damages during every step of the process. For a free consultation, call us at (404) 888-8888 today.
For a free legal consultation with a improper turns accidents lawyer serving Warner Robins, call (404) 888-8888
Most Common Improper Turns
Here are some of the most common ways a driver will violate state statutes when making an illegal turn at an intersection:
- Failure to yield the right of way: A driver making a left turn often must yield to oncoming vehicles before crossing a lane of traffic to complete a left turn, according to O.C.G.A. §40-6-71.
- Failure to stop completely: A driver making a legal right turn on a red light must still come to a full stop and check for cross traffic and pedestrians before making the turn.
- Turning from the wrong lane: A driver turning right should turn from the closest lane. Otherwise, he or she must illegally cross at least one lane of traffic to complete the turn.
- Turning without using a turn signal: A driver should signal his or her intention to make a turn, allowing other drivers to anticipate the turn.
- Speeding: A driver may speed into the intersection before making a turn, causing him or her to lose control of the car and crash into other vehicles in the intersection.
- Illegal U-turn: A driver may make a U-turn on a road where it is illegal to do so, or from a position on the road where it is dangerous to make the U-turn.
- Ignoring traffic lights: A driver may choose to make a left turn at an intersection without waiting for the traffic light to turn green.
Warner Robins Improper Turns Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Bader Scott Injuries Will Work for Your Benefit
Although you do not have to hire a Warner Robins improper turns accident lawyer to represent you in a personal injury case after a car accident, it can be helpful to do so. Going up against an insurance adjuster to negotiate a settlement can take time and effort that you may not have while in recovery.
Moreover, if you are unable to negotiate the settlement offer you want, filing a lawsuit on your own can be even more draining. Allow our team to handle the legal work for you. There is no reason to carry this burden yourself, especially considering we work based on contingency.
We Do Not Receive Payment Until You Do
The team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will work hard to build a strong case if you hire us, seeking to help you receive the fairest possible settlement in your case. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not need to pay any money ahead of time to secure our services.
Instead, our fee will come from a percentage of the final settlement amount in the case. If we cannot negotiate a settlement, we will stand by your side as the case goes to court. Contact us today for a free consultation at (404) 888-8888.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form