Left turns require significant care, especially on busy streets. Although the vast majority of drivers execute left turns multiple times per day successfully and safely, it only takes one moment of inattentiveness to create a dangerous situation that could lead to an accident with significant injuries.
The driver making the left turn must cross one or more lanes of oncoming traffic to complete the maneuver. As such, he or she has to be aware of other drivers in the area while also paying attention to any traffic signals or signs.
If a driver making an illegal left turn hit you, causing injuries, you have the right to seek damages. A Warner Robins left turn accident lawyer with the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is ready to work hard on your behalf. We want to help you receive the fairest possible settlement for your injuries and any reduced quality of life you experience going forward.
Contact us today at (404) 888-8888 for a free review of the case.
Frequency of Left Turn Accidents
According to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) study, left turn accidents cause significant danger for people on the road. During the study period, about 31 percent of accidents that occurred at traffic light intersections involved a left turn, where one driver turned across the path of another traveling in the opposite direction. The same period reported that left turns caused around 18 percent of accidents at stop sign intersections.
Types of Crashes in Intersections
When one driver makes an illegal left turn at an intersection, it can lead to several types of crashes, many of which are serious and result in potentially life-changing injuries. Some examples of accidents that could occur because of a left turn mistake include:
- T-bone or side-impacts, in which one vehicle hits the side of another head-on, which can be extremely dangerous when traveling at normal speeds.
- Near head-on collisions, in which one driver turning left swerves back at the last second to try to avoid an oncoming car, but ends up with a near head-on crash. This often leads to significant injuries.
- Rear-end collisions, in which a driver making an illegal left turn speeds through the intersection and ends up colliding with a driver who made a right turn into the same lane just before.
Seeking Help with Your Left Turn Accident Case
If you have suffered injuries after another driver made an illegal left-hand turn, you have the right to seek compensation for a number of items:
- Emergency medical bills
- Estimated medical costs in the future
- Fees for ambulance rides
- Physical therapy costs
- Costs for prescription medication
- Costs for therapy equipment
- Costs for traveling to medical appointments
- Lost wages for time missed at work while recovering
- Estimated wages you will not be able to earn in the future
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and emotional trauma
When you choose to hire a Warner Robins left turn accident lawyer to help with your case, our team will work to help you receive a fair settlement amount covering all of these items and any others that may apply to your case. For a free review of your collision, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888 as soon as possible.
For a free legal consultation with a left turn accidents lawyer serving Warner Robins, call (404) 888-8888
Making Safe Left Turns
Drivers have to exercise extreme caution when making a left turn, as they will be crossing oncoming traffic. It is important for the driver making the turn to follow all of the rules that exist for a left turn at the intersection. The following are some of the steps a driver turning left should take:
- Turn signal: The driver turning left should activate his or her turn signal at least 150 feet from the intersection, letting other drivers know the turn is upcoming.
- Look at the crosswalk: The driver should look at the crosswalk in the direction the car is headed before making the left-hand turn, yielding the right of way to pedestrians and others in the crosswalk.
- Do not speed: The driver should take his or her time to make the left turn, rather than speeding up to beat a yellow traffic light or oncoming traffic. Going too fast on the left turn could cause the driver to lose control.
- Turning into the closest lane: A driver making a left turn should turn into the left-most lane on the new road or follow the dotted line through the intersection, rather than drifting into the other lanes where other traffic could be approaching.
When a driver performs illegal or ill-advised maneuvers while making a left turn, this could be a sign of negligence in a collision case. If another driver makes an error in judgment while turning left and crashes into you, this fact could help you win your personal injury lawsuit.
Warner Robins Left Turn Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
We Take Pride in Helping Victims of Negligence
When you seek a judgment for injuries you have suffered after another driver made an illegal turn, a number of items can be part of the settlement. It may be overwhelming to calculate your potential compensation while dealing with injuries and other issues.
Consider hiring a Warner Robins left turn accident lawyer to help you receive all of the awards for which you are eligible. At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, our team takes pride in fighting for the settlement amount victims deserve in a car accident case. Call us for a free consultation at (404) 888-8888 now.