Countless victims suffer injuries and financial losses every year in Warner Robins from collisions involving driving under the influence (DUI). Thankfully, Georgia law allows you to pursue compensation for your damages when a drunk driver is responsible for your accident and injuries.
You do not have to go through the personal injury or wrongful death claims process alone. If you retain a Warner Robins drunk driving accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we can help you build your legal case while fighting for your rights every step of the way.
How Much It Costs to Work with Our Law Firm
When you first reach out to our firm, we will provide you with a free consultation to hear about what happened in your accident. If we decide to work together, we will not charge you anything up front, hourly, or out of pocket.
Instead, we will take our fee from your final compensatory award. If we can’t obtain a financial outcome for you, then we still won’t charge you. That way, you have nothing to lose when you hire us for representation.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Warner Robins, call (404) 888-8888
Our Drunk Driving Attorneys Serving Victims in Warner Robins
Over the years, the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has represented many victims of drunk drivers. During your fight for justice, we can provide multiple legal services to help set your mind at ease. We will help you by:
- Gathering evidence to determine liability
- Providing civil litigation services
- Assigning a monetary value to your case
- Managing phone calls and emails
- Negotiating a settlement
- Handling insurance companies and reviewing policies
- Giving general legal advice during your proceedings
We will also keep track of the time limit on your case. O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 places a two-year statute of limitations on drunk driving accident lawsuits in Warner Robins. This timeframe starts on the day of your accident. If you ignore the statute of limitations and attempt to file a lawsuit after the deadline has expired, the court may reject your case for damages.
Our attorneys can be there to work on your case, so you do not have to. We want you to be able to focus on spending time with loved ones and healing while we dedicate ourselves to the legal aspects of your case.
Warner Robins Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Recoverable Damages for Drunk Driving Victims
When you file a claim against a drunk driver, you can seek compensation for numerous hardships you have had to endure. These recoverable damages can even extend to cover the lifetime costs of your injuries, in addition to the previous losses you suffered.
Accordingly, you should seek advice from a medical specialist before you agree to any settlement. If you agree to a settlement without fully understanding the lifetime costs of your pain and suffering, you may be responsible for your future expenses. Once you settle your claim, you cannot file another one against the same offender for the same accident.
While every drunk driving accident is unique, the recoverable damages tend to remain the same. You may be able to receive compensation for the following:
- Loss of income and benefits
- Decreased earning capabilities
- Healthcare costs
- Ongoing accommodations for physical and mental disabilities
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering stemming from your accident, medical treatments, and long-term ailments
- Mental anguish, including damaged relationships, mental health issues, and lost quality of life
Your loved one might have lost their life due to the injuries they suffered in the accident. In that case, you can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit and request compensation for their medical expenses, burial and funeral fees, pain and suffering, and your losses of financial support and consortium.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Determining the Cause of Your Drunk Driving Accident
Alcohol affects every one of the senses, from sight to motor skills to decision-making skills and beyond. When intoxicated drivers get behind the wheel, they are likely to drive erratically, often ignoring traffic signals and attempting dangerous maneuvers. Overall, the following behaviors are the most common causes of drunk driving accidents:
- Falling asleep while driving
- Failure to use headlights
- Failure to maintain lane
- Failure to stop at stop signs or red lights
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Making illegal passes
When you retain a Warner Robins drunk driving accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we can launch an investigation to help determine liability for your injuries. In addition to the other driver being at fault, other parties that could have played a role in the accident are:
- A restaurant, if they kept serving alcohol even when the other driver was visibly intoxicated or a minor
- A parent or another adult, if they provided their minor child with alcohol
During our quest to reveal the truth, our attorneys can use eyewitness reports, physical evidence, police records, and expert testimony to prove your case and identify everyone who owes you damages.
Click to contact our Warner Robins Car Accident Lawyers today
The Consequences of Drunk Driving in Warner Robins
Getting behind the wheel while intoxicated is a crime. The Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) describes multiple punishments for driving under the influence in Warner Robins:
- First offense: First-time offenders will face penalties such as a minimum $300 fine, up to one year in jail, a one-year license suspension, and 40 hours of community service.
- Second offense: If a driver is convicted of a DUI within five years of their first offense, they may receive a three-year license suspension, spend up to one year in jail, and pay a fine of $1,000 (maximum).
- Third offense: If a driver is convicted of a DUI within five years of their second offense, they may receive up to $5,000 in fines (maximum), a five-year license suspension, and a mandatory minimum of 15 days in jail.
Note that you can still file personal injury claims against offenders who have been convicted in criminal court. Civil cases are independent of criminal charges, although they may rely on the same types of evidence.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for Help with Your Drunk Driving Accident Case
Above all else, we want you to feel a sense of relief when you have Bader Scott Injury Lawyers on your side after suffering injuries from a drunk driving accident in Warner Robins. By keeping you updated on the progress of your case as it moves through the legal channels, we hope to take the stress out of your proceedings. Allow us to give you one less thing to worry about during this time.
If you have any questions, our team will be happy to assist you during your free consultation. Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888. There are no upfront attorney’s fees involved because we work on a contingency-fee basis.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form