Countless victims suffer injuries and financial losses every year in Warner Robins from collisions involving driving under the influence (DUI). Thankfully, Georgia law allows you to receive compensation for your damages when a drunk driver is responsible for your accident and injuries.
You do not have to go through the personal injury claims process alone. If you retain a Warner Robins drunk driving accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we can help you build your legal case while fighting for your rights every step of the way.
To learn more about your rights after a drunk driving accident in Warner Robins, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888. Our team will be standing by to give you your free consultation.
Recoverable Damages for Drunk Driving Victims
When you file a claim against a drunk driver, you can seek compensation for numerous hardships you have had to endure. These recoverable damages can even extend to cover the lifetime costs of your injuries, in addition to the previous losses you suffered.
Accordingly, you should seek advice from a medical specialist before you agree to any settlement. If you agree to a settlement without fully understanding the lifetime costs of your pain and suffering, you may be responsible for your future expenses. Once you settle your claim, you cannot file another one against the same offender for the same accident.
While every drunk driving accident is unique, the recoverable damages tend to remain the same. You may be able to receive compensation for the following:
- Loss of income and benefits
- Decreased earning capabilities
- Healthcare costs
- Ongoing accommodations for physical and mental disabilities
- Property damage
- Physical pain stemming from your accident, medical treatments, and long-term ailments
- Psychological suffering, including damaged relationships, mental health issues, and lost quality of life
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Warner Robins, call (404) 888-8888
Determining the Cause of Your Drunk Driving Accident
Alcohol affects every one of the senses, from sight to motor skills to decision-making skills and beyond. When intoxicated drivers get behind the wheel, they are likely to drive erratically, often ignoring traffic signals and attempting dangerous maneuvers. Overall, these are the most common causes of drunk driving accidents:
- Falling asleep while driving
- Failure to use headlights
- Failure to maintain lane
- Failure to stop at stop signs or red lights
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Making illegal passes
When you retain a Warner Robins drunk driving accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we can launch an investigation to help determine liability for your injuries. During our quest to reveal the truth, our attorneys can use eyewitness reports, physical evidence, police records, and expert testimony to prove your case.
For more information about determining liability in drunk driving accidents, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers representative today at (404) 888-8888.
Warner Robins Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
The Consequences of Drunk Driving in Warner Robins
Getting behind the wheel while intoxicated is a crime. The Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) describes multiple punishments for driving under the influence in Warner Robins:
- First Offense: First-time offenders will face penalties such as a minimum $300 fine, up to one year in jail, a one-year license suspension, and 40 hours of community service.
- Second Offense: If a driver is convicted of a DUI within five years of their first offense, they may receive a three-year license suspension, spend up to one year in jail, and pay a fine of $1,000 (maximum).
- Third Offense: If a driver is convicted of a DUI within five years of their second offense, they may receive up to $5,000 in fines (maximum), a five-year license suspension, and a mandatory minimum of 15 days in jail.
Note that you can still file personal injury claims against offenders who have been convicted in criminal court. Civil cases are independent of criminal charges, although they may rely on the same types of evidence.
Drunk Driving Attorneys Serving Victims in Warner Robins
Over the years, the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has represented many victims of drunk drivers. During your fight for justice, we can provide multiple legal services to help set your mind at ease. We will help you by:
- Gathering evidence to determine liability
- Providing civil litigation services
- Assigning a monetary value to your case
- Negotiating settlements
- Handling insurance companies and reviewing policies
- Giving general legal advice during your proceedings
We will also keep track of the time limit on your case. O.C.G.A §9-3-33 places a two-year statute of limitations on drunk driving accident claims in Warner Robins. This starts on the day of your accident. If you ignore the statute of limitations and attempt to file a claim after the deadline has expired, the court may reject your claim for damages.
Our attorneys can be there to work on your case, so you do not have to. We want you to be able to focus on spending time with loved ones and healing while we dedicate ourselves to the legal aspects of your case.
Contact a Warner Robins Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Now
Above all else, we want you to feel a sense of relief when you have Bader Scott Injury Lawyers on your team. By keeping you updated on the progress of your case as it moves through the legal channels, we hope to take the stress out of your proceedings. Allow us to give you one less thing to worry about during this time.
If you have any questions, our team will be happy to assist you during your free consultation. Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888.