Every driver relies on turning to get to their destination, but sometimes improper turns occur that can lead to dangerous accidents. If you or someone you love was affected by an improper turn accident, you may be eligible for compensation.
If you are interested in learning more about the legal help potentially available from an Albany improper turns lawyer, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is ready to take your call. Reach out to our team at (404) 888-8888 today.
Examples of Improper Turns
If you were the victim of an improper turn accident, there are many ways in which the dangerous or illegal turn could have occurred. This can include but is not limited to the following examples:
- Turning without a signal or with an improper or late turn signal
- Turning the wrong way down a one-way street
- Cutting across multiple lanes to make an illegal turn
- Turning from the wrong lane
- Failure to yield while turning
- Turning illegally on a red light
- Turns that occur at a stop sign without coming to a complete stop
These are only some of the many possible ways improper turns can occur. Understanding the factors that might contribute to an improper turn accident can help you figure out if another party may have been at fault. If a third party caused your accident, you or your loved one could be eligible for compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a improper turns accidents lawyer serving Albany, call (404) 888-8888
Factors That Cause Improper Turn Accidents
Improper turns are sometimes honest mistakes, and even safe and experienced drivers can make errors while on the road. Yet, sometimes other factors are at play as well, which could include one or more of the following.
- Driving under the influence: In the United States alone, drunk driving causes billions of dollars in damages each year, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). If you believe that another driver was under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other substance at the time of your accident, they could be liable for your suffering and losses.
- Distractions on the road: The increasing prevalence of technology has made distracted driving more dangerous than ever. According to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), approximately 2,800 individuals lost their lives due to distracted driving in 2018 alone. Distracted driving leads to hundreds of thousands of accidents annually and is not limited to the use of cellphones or other electronic devices. Eating, talking to a passenger, or other behaviors that take attention away from driving are dangerous and could cause an improper turn and destructive accident.
- Mechanical failures: One reason most states have strict regulations on vehicles is to make sure every car, truck, and other vehicle on the road is safe to drive. If a driver uses a turn signal that malfunctions, for example, this can lead to a dangerous accident, as others on the road are left unaware of their intention to turn. If you were the victim of an accident because of a mechanical failure, you could have grounds for legal action.
- Improperly functioning signals: We all rely on traffic lights, road signs, and other indicators to keep us safe while traveling in vehicles. In some cases, however, mistakes happen that can lead to accidents. A broken light, sign pointing the wrong way, or other circumstances could have devastating results.
- Driver error: Sometimes, honest mistakes happen on the road. Yet, even if another driver did not intend to break the law, they could still be liable for your injuries and suffering from an improper turn accident.
Albany Improper Turns Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How an Accident Can Change Your Life
Vehicle accidents caused by improper turns can turn your life upside down. You could suffer emotionally, physically, and financially in many different ways. You may be stuck with medical bills or lose your ability to earn wages. This chapter of your life might feel overwhelming, but remember that you can get help. Some victims can recover compensation by filing a legal claim against those responsible.
To learn more about how you can take action with the help of an Albany improper turns lawyer, reach out to Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. Call (404) 888-8888 before it is too late. You deserve compensation for your losses and suffering.
Recoverable Compensation in an Improper Turn Accident Case
The types of compensation available for victims of improper turns depends on the specifics of each case. While each case is unique, it is possible to recover the following types of compensation if you or a loved one was involved in an improper turn accident:
- Compensation for medical expenses, both past and future
- Reimbursement for lost property, vehicle damage, and more
- Damages for emotional trauma, pain, and suffering
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Lost wages, if your accident caused you to miss work
If you would like to know more about how you can collect the damages you deserve, speaking with our team can help.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Getting Legal Help from an Albany Improper Turns Lawyer
Accidents are very traumatic events that can add layers of unnecessary stress to your life. You could be suffering in many different ways, and even struggling to pay the bills. While you focus on your health and recovery during this challenging chapter, it is also important to realize that you may have legal options available.
You could be eligible for compensation in a personal injury claim. If you would like to learn more about what you can do to pursue justice, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today. A team member is available to discuss your case and answer your questions during a free, no-obligation consultation.
Pick up the phone today and call (404) 888-8888.