Many people do not realize how dangerous left-hand turns at intersections can be for themselves and other drivers. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a vehicle turning left at an intersection was the critical pre-crash event in 22 percent of collisions.
If you are suffering because of a driver who negligently made a left-hand turn, you have the right to hold them responsible. A Norcross left turn accident lawyer can help by investigating your accident, determining liability, and pursuing compensation for your losses and injuries on your behalf.
You do not have to go through a personal injury claim alone. A dedicated legal team can take the burden off your shoulders while you focus on recovering from your injuries. For a free, no-risk case review, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888.
Reasons Left Turns Are More Dangerous Than Right Turns
According to the NHTSA, left turns far surpass right turns as the critical event before a collision, with right turns estimated at 1.2 percent. Some of the reasons why left-hand turns can pose additional risks include the following:
- Drivers sometimes fail to use their turning signal to communicate to other drivers that they are making a left-hand turn.
- Drivers are more inclined to have trouble staying in their designated lanes when they are making left turns.
- It can be challenging to determine the speed of oncoming traffic, which makes it hard for drivers to know if they have time to complete a left turn.
- Sometimes cars in the opposite turning lane block visibility, which makes it difficult to determine whether you can safely complete a left turn.
- Drivers need to be able to watch traffic from multiple directions while making a turn, which can be challenging.
Other factors may cause further challenges, such as operating a cell phone while driving, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or operating a car while fatigued. All of these factors could impact a driver’s focus and make it hard to react quickly to avoid an accident while completing a left turn.
Regardless of the reason for your accident, you have the right to hold the negligent driver responsible for your losses, and a Norcross left turn accident lawyer can help you construct your case. For a free review of your car accident case, get in touch with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888.
For a free legal consultation with a left turn accidents lawyer serving Norcross, call (404) 888-8888
Georgia Laws That Could Impact Your Case
If you have been involved in a left-turn collision in Norcross, there are two Georgia laws that you need to be aware of: comparative negligence and the statute of limitations.
States have their own individual statutes of limitations for personal injury accident cases. According to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 there is a two-year limit on the amount of time that plaintiffs have to pursue compensation after an auto accident in Georgia. If you fail to file your claim within that timeframe, you generally forfeit your right to compensation for your losses, although there are some exceptions.
It is also important to understand that Georgia is a comparative negligence state. That means that an accident victim can still recover damages if they are partially to blame for causing the collision. While that may sound beneficial if you are worried you are partially responsible, defense lawyers use comparative negligence as a defense tactic.
The other party’s lawyers may try to claim that you contributed to the accident when you did not. Moreover, they may try to assert that you are more responsible than you really are in order to eliminate their liability for the accident. A lawyer can defend you against such claims using evidence from your case.
Norcross Left Turn Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Types of Recoverable Damages
Every accident has its own set of circumstances, so a lawyer cannot estimate your damages without first examining the details of your case. That said, damages that victims often recover in cases like these include compensation for:
- Pain and suffering.
- Hospital stays.
- Ambulance rides.
- Surgical procedures.
- Doctor examinations.
- Specialist consultations.
- Assistive devices, like walkers and wheelchairs.
- Current and future lost earnings.
- Disfigurement or dismemberment.
- Out-of-pocket expenses.
- Property damage.
If your loved one lost their life in the accident or later due to the severity of their injuries, you may recover damages on their behalf in a wrongful death claim. In this type of case, recoverable damages could include:
- Pain and suffering.
- Funeral and burial costs.
- Medical expenses left to the family.
- Benefits and monthly income previously provided by the deceased.
- Loss of consortium.
- Loss of support and protection.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Norcross Left Turn Accident Lawyer Can Help
You do not have to go through this alone. The team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers works on cases like these, and we may be able to help you, too. Some of the ways we can help include:
- Explaining your options for recovering compensation after the accident, and answering any questions you have.
- Investigating the accident and gathering evidence, from police reports to eyewitness statements to traffic camera footage, if available.
- Communicating with all parties on your behalf, so you do not inadvertently say something that could be used against you at a later time.
- Calculating the full value of your case, including the cost of your pain and suffering.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to pursue a fair settlement.
- Fighting for your rights at trial if an agreeable settlement cannot be reached.
If you are ready to get started on your claim, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888 for a free, no-obligation review of your case.