Your case is just as important to us as it is to you. We understand that you have injuries and damages that need compensation. You shouldn’t be stressed out about how you are going to cover these bills. Hire a skilled Norcross car accident lawyer to build your claim, so that you can focus on your recovery. If you or someone you know has been involved in a moped accident, you need to act fast. Contact our offices today to schedule an appointment to discuss your case.
Causes of Moped Accidents
Larger vehicles on the road are terrible at sharing the road. It’s so easy to overlook those that are riding on motorcycles, scooters, and mopeds. Most drivers don’t understand that they have to yield the right of way to these smaller vehicles. With the increase in the popularity of scooters, accidents are on the rise as well. Some of the leading causes of these accidents are:
- Road hazards
- Vehicles failing to check blind spots
- Cars improperly changing lanes
- Not following traffic laws
- Dangerous weather conditions
- Mopeds getting cutoff
- Mechanical Problems
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
Every accident is different, but most have similar causes. In Georgia, the person responsible for the accident is also responsible for paying the injuries and damages. If you have received injuries and costs because of the negligence of someone else, you could be entitled to compensation. Contact us today to go over your options.
Types of Moped Accident Injuries
Since there is less safety equipment on a moped, the injuries can be severe. Even wearing a helmet cannot always protect you. Some of the more common moped accident injuries include:
- Broken Bones: Broken legs are some of the most common moped injuries. However, it is also possible to break your wrists or arms when falling off the moped in an accident.
- Road Rash: When your bare skin comes into contact with asphalt, you can receive road rash. Wearing leather can help minimize this injury, but most people on scooters only wear helmets and padding.
- Head Injuries: Wearing a helmet is your first line of defense against these types of injuries. A helmet isn’t always practical, but they do reduce the risk of serious brain injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: It is common for riders of scooters, mopeds, and motorcycles to suffer from spinal cord injuries in accidents. Vehicles are thousands of pounds of metal, and riders of scooters don’t have the safety equipment to withstand impacts.
An insurance company has offered me money, do I need a lawyer?
Yes. Just because an insurance company has offered you a settlement doesn’t mean it is fair. Most insurance companies will try to settle for the lowest amount possible. Since most victims don’t know what fair compensation is for their injuries, they generally take reduced settlements. An experienced attorney can help you avoid this common trap.
Talk to one of our lawyers for free
We offer free consultations so that you can get answers about your moped accident case. We work on a contingency basis. We don’t get paid unless you do. If you or someone you know has suffered from a moped accident, contact our offices today. Let’s get you the settlement that you deserve.