If you were involved in a truck accident of any kind, you could seek compensation for the injuries and damages you suffered. A Savannah truck accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you determine who is liable for the accident and how much compensation you are entitled to. A member of our team can provide you with a free case review and start the process of filing your claim.
Filing a Truck Accident Claim in a Timely Manner Is Crucial
Truck accidents are often quite traumatic. Even if you did not sustain any major injuries in the incident, you are likely feeling out of sorts after the accident. However, you may want to get started on your claim as soon as possible so that you meet any deadlines required by the statute of limitations in Georgia. In the case of personal injuries, O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.1 states that you generally have just one year to act in some cases and up to four years at the most.
Contacting a law firm that can offer you legal guidance on filing a claim after your accident can eliminate the stress of filing a claim on your own. A lawyer can make sure all deadlines are met while you concentrate on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back to normal.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Savannah, call (404) 888-8888
Information and Evidence Gathering in Savannah Truck Accident Cases
The information and evidence gathered from the scene of the truck accident play an important role in the rest of the case as it is built. A truck accident lawyer can make use of this information and evidence to build a case on your behalf. There are several factors to consider here. For example, did you sustain any major injuries in the accident? What kind of compensation are you seeking?
To answer and support such questions to the insurance company’s satisfaction, we can collect evidence such as:
- Medical records to establish how serious the injuries are
- Eyewitness testimony to corroborate your version of events
- Police reports to show that the accident happened and that the liable party truly is responsible
- Video footage so we have empirical evidence that the accident in question happened when and how you say it did
- Paperwork that you obtained as a result of the accident, such as medical bills, receipts, or paystubs showing reduced income
Sometimes a truck accident lawyer will build a claim and begin negotiating with all of the parties involved. This process can carry on for some time depending on the nature and severity of the accident, among other factors. If these negotiations fail, a Savannah truck accident lawyer can take your case to court.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is ready to seek justice on your behalf. You can begin the process whenever you are ready with a free consultation.
Savannah Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Determining Liable Parties for Truck Accidents
Determining who can be sued in a truck accident lawsuit is one of the first steps in a truck accident case. In some cases, the truck driver isn’t always liable. In fact, the company that owns the truck may be liable. In some cases, the truck’s manufacturer may even be held liable if it can be proven that faulty parts or mediocre maintenance procedures caused a crash. A Savannah truck accident lawyer can help determine liability so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Within the category of truck accidents, several factors play a role in determining liability. For example, an accident may have been caused by a lane change, a distracted driver, or any number of unpredictable variables. Each type of accident requires a different approach.
How the Accident Happened Makes a Difference
Further breaking down each of these scenarios reveals some complex considerations. For example, lane change crashes require a closer look at the details. In the case of a lane change crash, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) examines lane change crashes from many perspectives. When vehicles are traveling on a parallel path and an accident occurs, this can have an impact on determining any liable parties.
Whether you were injured as the result of a lane change crash, or some other type of truck accident, a lawyer can help you in determining liable parties and obtaining compensation.
A Savannah truck accident lawyer can help navigate the legal process and its inherent challenges so you can focus on your recovery. A truck accident lawyer can also help you understand your rights and determine how much compensation you may be entitled to receive.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Seeking Appropriate Compensation for a Savannah Truck Accident
There are many different degrees of severity when it comes to truck accidents. As a result, the levels of compensation also vary widely from case to case. If you try to go into a case on your own, you may not have the knowledge of state, local, and federal laws needed to obtain all qualifying recoverable damages.
For example, someone involved in a truck accident as a pedestrian may have a different set of recoverable damages than someone involved in a truck accident while they were driving their vehicle. A lawyer can help determine the compensation to which you may be entitled based on the type of accident in which you were involved.
Common examples of compensation we seek for clients include:
- Pain and suffering for the physical and psychological strain the accident has placed you under
- Loss of consortium for the negative effects the accident has had on your personal relationships (particularly with your spouse)
- Disability for the temporary and permanent diminishment of physical and/or intellectual capabilities
- Medical expenses for the money you have already spent and/or expect to spend on getting treatment for your accident injuries
- Repair expenses for the cost of fixing or replacing your vehicle, if it was damaged in the accident
- Loss of wages for the income you were unable to earn while you were recuperating from your injuries
The Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety applies O.C.G.A. § 40-6-92(a) when looking at different variables, such as:
- Pedestrian crossings
- Road conditions
- Right of way
Without a firm grasp on how these laws apply to the truck accident in which you were involved, it’s difficult to understand how they may impact any compensation you may be entitled to.
Settlement Versus Jury Award: Recovering Truck Accident Compensation
Once we have collected all available evidence, identified the liable party, and determined how much you deserve in damages, it is time to seek those damages from the liable party’s insurance company.
Of the two ways you can receive your compensation, a pretrial settlement is usually the simplest. To obtain such a settlement, we can:
- Get in touch with the liable party’s insurer
- Meet with the insurer’s representatives both over the phone and in-person
- Argue vigorously for your rights and against any attempt they make to discredit your case
- Consult with you before accepting any settlement offers
- Draw up the settlement papers after reaching a fair agreement
Settlements are, unfortunately, not feasible in every single case. Where necessary, our team can seek a jury award instead. This involves taking your case to court and arguing before a judge and jury on your behalf. Trials generally take much longer to complete than pretrial negotiations, but in some cases, it is a person’s only chance to recover fair damages.
If your case does end up in court, you can depend on Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to:
- Schedule the dates on which the trial will be held
- Help select members of the jury
- Submit evidence to the court as trial exhibits within deadlines
- Deliver oral arguments and opening and closing statements
- Prepare witnesses for questioning and question them on the stand
- Cross-examine witnesses prepared by the defense
- Make sure the defense respects your rights and raise objections to the judge if they do not
Paying for Legal Representation for a Truck Accident Case
Hiring a law firm costs money, but it does not have to break your budget. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers understands that you already have enough to worry about, so we charge no attorney’s fees up front.
With our contingency payment model, we only accept payment if and when you win your case. You do not have to let money stand between you and the legal representation you want.
The Savannah Truck Accident Attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Can Help You Navigate the Legal Process
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, our team is ready to help you seek the compensation to which you may be entitled after a truck accident.
A Savannah truck accident lawyer can advise you and help you understand the legal aspects of your case. We would do all the work necessary so you can focus on healing from your injuries. Call us today to speak with a member of our team.
Office InformationAddress Bader Scott Injury Lawyers
100 Bull St, Suite 231
Savannah, GA 31401