Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are experienced Carrollton workers comp lawyers. Our offices have successfully handled many different workers’ compensation cases, including gas explosions. We know this is a difficult time for you and we’re here to help. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
What are the causes of a natural gas explosion?
Natural gas explosions aren’t incredibly frequent because of strict safety regulations in the workplace. However, accidents do happen, and it’s essential to know how gas explosions start. With a natural gas explosion, you must have three things present:
- Gas: You need butane, methane, propane, or even vapors on the scene. The laws of matter show that gas will react with another substance much faster than a solid or a liquid would.
- Oxygen: Fires need oxygen to exist. Whenever you’re building fire at home, you know it is easy to smother it with materials. So, oxygen must be in the environment for an explosion to occur
- Something to ignite it: Gas and oxygen cannot cause combustion on their own. You need a heat source to begin the reaction. Some sources of ignition could be static electricity, a match, lit cigarette, and anything with a flame.
For a free legal consultation with a gas explosions lawyer serving Carrollton, call (404) 888-8888
Injuries from gas explosions
The range of injuries from a gas explosion varies. You could suffer minor scrapes, broken bones, or even lose your life. Some of the most common injuries are:
- Burns: There are several different degrees of burns going from first-degree to third-degree. The most severe burns, third-degree, can take months to heal. You could even have to spend time in a burn unit to receive specialized care.
- Blast injuries: When the explosion occurs, the air is displaced because of the chemical reaction. This air creates a blast that can knock over items as well as people. A lot of blunt force trauma occurs as blast injuries. Workers can also suffer from being impaled by objects.
- Respiratory Problems: After the explosion occurs, the air is contaminated. There are residual vapors, and the air is heated up. Breathing in this air can damage the cells and tissues in your throat and lungs.
Carrollton Gas Explosions Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
What is workers’ compensation?
When you go to work, you are protected by workers’ compensation benefits. This isn’t something that you have to sign up for, and you are protected from the first day you start your job. The government recognizes that employees need to be protected while they are at work. They should also have time to recover while still being able to receive a paycheck.
Although you are eligible for workers’ compensation, it doesn’t mean that you will always receive your benefits. Your employer will have their own workers’ compensation coverage. So, you will have to go through their insurance company to get your benefits.
My employer is helpful, do I need a lawyer?
Lots of victims of workplace accidents feel guilty about hiring a lawyer to file for workers’ compensation benefits. They feel like they will lose their job, or that they will be treated differently at work. We recommend hiring a lawyer for your case, even if you are hesitant. We are experienced in workers’ compensation claims, which means we can get you a proper settlement.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Can my boss fire me for filing for workers’ compensation?
No. It is illegal for your employer to retaliate against you because you have filed for workers’ compensation. You have a right to receive your paychecks as well as compensation for your medical injuries. Don’t ever feel wrong about going after the compensation that you are entitled to.
Is there a time limit to be able to file a workers’ compensation claim?
Yes. Once you are injured on the job, you have 30 days to report the injury to your supervisor. Then, you only have a year from the date of your injury to file for workers’ compensation benefits. If your claim is denied, you only have a short window to be able to appeal the decision. It can take a while to get paid out from workers’ compensation, so you need to begin the process immediately.
Hire a gas explosions attorney that means business
Workers’ compensation cases are complex, and an experienced attorney can help you navigate the process. Don’t risk missing out on your settlement because you didn’t hire the proper legal representation. If you or someone you know has been injured in a workplace gas explosion, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today. We want to get you adequate compensation for your injuries.