Some victims don’t even think about holding someone else responsible. Don’t make this severe mistake. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are experienced Carrollton personal injury attorneys. We have successfully handled numerous slip and fall cases. If you or someone you know suffer injury in a slip and fall accident, you should contact us immediately.
We look forward to discussing the details of your case.
How do you know who is responsible for your slip and fall accident?
When we think about slip and fall accidents, we must prove negligence — in legal terms, being negligent means that you are at fault in the situation. So, if another party is negligent in your accident, they are responsible for covering your damages. For example, if a property owner fails to maintain their property correctly, they are negligent. However, if your injuries are because you were careless, then you retain fault in your accident. So, you might not get any compensation if you were responsible for your damages.
After you have had your slip and fall accident, you might have to answer questions such as:
- Was there a valid reason why you were on the property at the time of your accident?
- If someone else was in your position, do you feel like they could have avoided the events that lead to your accident?
- Did the owner of the property warn you about any of the dangers that led to your accident?
- Were you involved in any additional activities that that led to your accident?
After your accident, the homeowner’s insurance will reach out for contact. This insurance company will call you and try to get you to answer questions on the phone. Remember, insurance companies record all their phone calls. So, your answers will be used against you at a later date. We recommend not talking to any insurance companies until you speak with a professional slip and fall attorney.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Carrollton, call (404) 888-8888
How do you prove negligence in a slip and fall accident?
There are two things that we need to prove to show that the property owner was responsible for your accident.
- The property owner knew that there was a hazardous situation on their property, or they should have known about the situation.
- The victim of the accident was not aware of the dangerous condition. A good example would be an area that is missing the proper signage.
Carrollton Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
What are some of the leading causes of slip and fall accidents?
Many different situations can lead to slip and fall accidents. Some of our clients have had slip and fall accidents that included:
- Improper maintenance of the property or structural defects on the premises. Some examples of this can be: potholes, cracked sidewalks, uneven steps, ripped carpeting, and broken floor tiles.
- Poorly lit hallways and walkways
- Staircases missing handrails
- Wet floors, walkways, and staircases
- Ice or snow that isn’t shoveled or salted properly
- Improper signage to restricted or hazardous areas
- Not installing anti-slip devices
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Am I eligible to file a slip and fall claim?
You can file a slip and fall claim as long as you received your injury on a property that you don’t own. Remember, it doesn’t matter if you are injured on a commercial, government, or private property. Once you are injured on someone’s property, the first step is finding the property owner. This can be a complicated process, which is why we recommend hiring an experienced attorney. Contact us today to discuss the details of your slip and fall claim.
How can a slip and fall attorney help me?
Some victims of slip and fall accidents choose to handle their cases on their own. However, this can be a huge mistake. Insurance companies want to settle as quickly as possible, and they will offer you low settlement amounts. Many victims will take these offers because they feel like it’s the best that they can get. Having an experienced attorney on your side ensures that you won’t fall for these lowball offers.
Hire an experienced slip and fall attorney today
We understand that having an injury can put a hold on your life. You can’t move forward until you heal and recover financially. Let us help you get the settlement that you deserve. If you or someone you know was injured in a slip and fall accident, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today!