Truck Accidents in Carrollton, Georgia.
Large trucks cause significant accidents that generally require an attorney to handle. Georgia has some of the most congested roadways in the country, and anytime you’re on an interstate, you see semi-trucks. So, there is always the possibility that you could have an accident with one of these tractor-trailers.
Some of the worst wrecks we see on the road involve tractor trailers because they are large and carrying heavy loads. Recovery can be a slow process from these accidents, so you need compensation to assist you in handling your damages and injuries. Hiring an experienced truck accident attorney should be your first step after being involved in a truck accident.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Carrollton, call (404) 888-8888
Types of Truck Accidents
Just like car accidents, there are many different causes of truck accidents. These accidents can be because of operator error or a part malfunction. Truck operators are supposed to check their trucks before driving, but this doesn’t always prevent accidents. There are many issues daily in Georgia traffic:
- Tire Blowouts: This can happen when the tires of a truck have been poorly maintained, the casing is defective, reduced air pressure or road damage causes the tire to blow. Once this happens, the truck can lose complete control of the vehicle, causing an accident. Vehicles can veer to the other side of the road or even cross the median. Since trucks weigh so much, it can be hard to control a truck after a tire blowout.
- Brake Malfunctions: Nothing can be scarier than driving down the road and being unable to stop. Brake failure can happen at any time, whether driving down a country road or the interstate. The difference between a tractor-trailer and a car having brake issues is the load that a truck is transporting. When a truck wrecks, debris can be spilled all over the road, causing other motorists to swerve to avoid the wreckage. This can cause several different accidents on the road.
- Right-Hand Turns: This is one of the most common types of trucking accidents that we handle. Trucks have to turn wider than standard-sized cars, and in doing so can hit other vehicles. If a truck hits another vehicle because of their wide turn, then they are at fault. However, the other car must be behind the white line on the road. Otherwise, the vehicle isn’t following traffic laws.
- Falling Loads: These large trucks are often carrying loads of large objects when they are on the road. We have all driven behind logging trucks and changed lanes, because of the concern of falling loads. When a load scatters across the street, several cars can be included in this wreck.
- Jackknife: This is when the trailer slams into the cab, because of sudden braking or too sharp of a turn. If a truck jackknifes it can push the trailer into another lane, causing an accident with other motorists.
- Rollovers: A rollover can happen when the truck takes a turn at high speeds, and then the entire tractor-trailer rolls over. These types of accidents can also occur because of road conditions, especially if the road is icy or wet.
- Side Swipe Accidents: When driving, every vehicle has a blind spot that makes it hard to be seen on the road. Trucks can sideswipe smaller vehicles if they don’t check their blind spot. Sideswipes can also occur if vehicles are driving too close to each other, which can happen in narrow lanes on the interstate.
Carrollton Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Proving truck driver negligence
The driver responsible for the accident is the negligent driver. So, it is up to our law office to gather evidence to prove that the truck driver is at fault. Most cases, we handle involve drivers that are tired on the road. If the driver is being told to keep unsafe hours on the road, we have an even bigger lawsuit on our hands. However, we won’t know the exact details of your case until you come into our offices.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
Trucking accidents can affect you for the rest of your life, and you deserve compensation to recover some of your losses. Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to discuss the details of your trucking accident case. We look forward to fighting for you and getting you the settlement that you deserve.