Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is here to extinguish your worries after suffering a burn injury. Our Smyrna personal injury lawyers have decades of combined legal experience, and we understand the claims process inside and out. If you’re looking for a Smyrna burn injury lawyer, our team extends a helping hand.
We can file your claim, investigate the incident, and pursue damages from the at-fault party. Compensation can account for skin grafts, lost income, and other injury-related expenses. You shouldn’t have to pay a dime out of pocket for an injury you didn’t cause. Our lawyers want to learn your story and start advocating for you now.
How Contingency Fees Work When You Hire a Smyrna Burn Injury Attorney
You will not have to pay any upfront legal fees when you partner with our team. We use contingency-fee arrangements in these cases. Our attorney’s fees come from your settlement or court award at the conclusion of your case.
If you do not win, you will not owe us any legal fees. That is our strict “no-fee” guarantee. You might say that we are betting our paycheck on the strength of your Smyrna burn injury claim.
For a free legal consultation with a burn injury lawyer serving Smyrna, call (404) 888-8888
How Our Burn Injury Lawyers Could Help With Your Case
The liable insurance company requires you to prove every element of your injury claim and losses with evidence. We can perform a thorough investigation of the accident and collect the proof you need to support your case for compensation.
We will deal with the insurance company on your behalf, so you’re not bothered by constant phone calls from the claims adjuster. After building your case, we will negotiate with the insurer and seek a fair settlement of your burn injury claim. If appropriate, we can file a lawsuit and ask the court to decide.
We File Your Burn Injury Lawsuit Within the Appropriate Period
You should consider talking with a burn injury attorney at your earliest convenience. That’s because Georgia limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit.
O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 says that personal injury or wrongful death lawsuits must get filed within two years. If a person misses the filing deadline, they will lose the right to pursue a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Some people make the mistake of thinking that the statute of limitations does not apply to their cases. However, that’s a costly mistake to make. By consulting with our team, you can learn about your case’s filing details.
Smyrna Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Recoverable Compensation in Smyrna Burn Injury Claims
Getting medical attention for a burn is just the beginning of your injury-related costs. You could miss time from work, have to hire in-home assistance, or spend your own money out of pocket. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers believes that you deserve compensation for each of your injury-related expenses, including the costs associated with:
- The ambulance or life flight service
- The emergency room or trauma center
- The burn unit or intensive care unit (ICU)
- A specialized rehabilitation facility for burn injury patients
- Multiple surgeries, including removing (debriding) damaged tissue and applying skin grafts
- Lost income, tips, and other sources of job-related revenue
- Property damage costs (if applicable)
- Childcare expenses
- Loss of future earning capacity
People with burns wounds also tend to have claims for pain and suffering, disfigurement, chronic anxiety and depression, social isolation, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and the loss of enjoyment of life. While these losses don’t come with price tags, we can still calculate their values based on your situation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Three Things the Claims Adjuster Could Withhold About Your Smyrna Burn Injury Claim
There are many things that the claims adjuster is unlikely to tell you about your burn injury claim. For example:
- There are many hidden deadlines associated with your claim. As the injured claimant, it’s your job to know about these, so you don’t lose your right to seek damages. The claims adjuster may not share these deadlines without being asked directly.
- Fault matters. If the claims adjuster successfully proves that you caused some of the accident, this allegation could hurt how much you can recover.
- Your claim can include a demand for compensation for complications, side effects, pain and suffering, and the impact that your burn wounds have had on your life. You are not limited to the medical bills and lost wages from the time of the initial medical crisis.
When we handle your Smyrna burn injury case, we protect you from these and other adverse factors that could decrease the financial value of your claim.
How a Burn Injury Can Impact Your Life
The value of your compensable losses depends on your case’s details. Typically, the more severe your injuries, the more compensation you can request from the negligent party.
Mayo Clinic warns that a person can experience these complications from burn injuries:
- Keloids are a form of excessive scar tissue that can cause a person to develop raised scars. You can include the cost of disfigurement in your claim’s value.
- After a severe burn wound, a person could have decreased function and range of motion because of scar tissue that shortens and tightens muscles, tendons, and skin. Your claim can include compensation for any harm to your quality of life.
- Breathing hot air or smoke could damage airway or lung tissue, leading to breathing problems. As noted, having a disability could be reflected in your case’s value.
- Burns are prone to bacterial infections. These infections could cause an infection in the bloodstream known as sepsis. If you lost a loved one to a burn injury or its related complications, you could file a wrongful death claim.
We consider these and other factors when learning what constitutes a fair settlement. You don’t have to deal with the aftermath of a serious injury along with a personal injury claim. Instead, let our team manage your case. We can itemize your losses and pursue financial justice.
Get Started With a Smyrna Burn Injury Lawyer on Your Claim
You do not have to go through the burn injury claims process by yourself. A Smyrna burn injury attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can guide you through the legal process and everything it entails.
It is easy to get started. Simply contact us today for a free initial case evaluation. There is no obligation to work with us when you call––just an opportunity to learn about your rights.