When a loved one dies in preventable circumstances resulting from negligence, surviving family members often deserve a settlement. You may also deserve financial compensation for medical bills, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, lost financial support, and other harm caused by a loved one’s death in Gainesville, Georgia. The Gainesville personal injury attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are ready to fight for the justice you deserve.
Our firm prides itself in serving Georgians during their darkest hours, and the loss of a loved one certainly qualifies as an immensely difficult time. Let a Gainesville wrongful death attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers lead a wrongful death case while you focus on your health and console your loved ones.
Why Hire a Lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers After a Wrongful Death Occurs in Gainesville, GA?
You may want legal representation from a wrongful death attorney after a loved one’s died in Gainesville. Many clients are consumed by grief and lack experience with suing for compensation, so they hire us to lead a wrongful death action.
Clients trust Bader Scott Injury Lawyers with their sensitive cases because:
- We understand how to hold a negligent party accountable when they cause someone’s death.
- We provide complete financial support, requiring no upfront fee and covering all case-related expenses.
- We have years of experience representing wrongful death victims throughout Georgia, so we understand the laws and legal practices specific to Gainesville.
- Our team has boundless compassion and empathy for our clients, who deserve a law firm that will handle their cases with urgency and the utmost discretion.
- Our services allow clients to focus on their psychological and emotional recovery as we manage every detail of their claims and lawsuits.
We also understand the losses that wrongful death victims experience, including loss of companionship, burial expenses, and lost financial support. Our dedicated legal team can oversee your case while you focus on yourself and your loved ones.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Gainesville, call (404) 888-8888
What Incidents Can Lead to a Wrongful Death Case in Gainesville, GA?
A wrongful death lawsuit can arise from any instance caused by negligence, including those causing fatal injuries and illnesses. Our personal injury lawyers represent clients who lose a loved one because of:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents, including construction accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Medical errors
- Nursing home mistreatment
- Defective product accidents
- Animal attacks
We have extensive experience with a wide range of fatal accidents. In every case, we identify responsible parties and work to obtain maximum compensation for our clients.
What Is the Standard for Liability in a Wrongful Death Case?
The above accident types may qualify you to recover wrongful death damages when they involve negligence. Negligence occurs when someone acts contrary to “reasonable” behavior, and negligence often has tragic outcomes.
The test for negligence is:
- That someone owed you a duty of care.
- That the person violated their duty of care.
- That the person’s breach of duty of care directly caused or led to your loved one’s death.
After proving this, we will show the losses caused by your loved one’s passing.
How Do We Prove Negligence in a Gainesville Wrongful Death Case?
Every wrongful death case involves different evidence, and we may build your case using:
- Witness testimony
- Video footage
- A police report or incident report
- Expert testimony
- A reconstruction of an accident
Our firm will obtain evidence that establishes liability for your damages.
Gainesville Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Gainesville Wrongful Death FAQs
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Can Legally Pursue Compensation After a Wrongful Death in Georgia?
O.C.G.A. § 51-4-2 dictates who can pursue compensation for wrongful death. A surviving spouse can generally bring a claim for their partner’s death. If there is no surviving spouse, the deceased’s children may bring a wrongful death lawsuit.
If the deceased has no surviving spouse or children, then their parents may bring a wrongful death lawsuit. However, these parties may want to hire a personal representative to file a wrongful death case on behalf of the decedent’s estate.
Our team will review the unique circumstances of your case and explain how to pursue a wrongful death action.
What Losses Can Surviving Loved Ones Sue for in Gainesville, GA?
A loved one’s passing causes financial losses and non-economic harm, which may be significant. After a wrongful death caused by negligent behavior, you may pursue fair compensation for:
- Emergency transportation
- Hospital care
- Emergency surgery
- Any other medical expenses related to the wrongful death
- The deceased’s future earnings (their loss of income)
- Other income streams that the deceased would have provided
- Pain and suffering, including but not limited to grief
- Grief counseling
- Medication required for emotional anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Lost companionship
- Lost parental support
- Other wrongful death-related damages
You may have other damages. We will calculate the full scope of your losses and pursue a settlement that will compensate you fairly.
How Much Will Your Wrongful Death Case in Gainesville Be Worth?
We can only know what your case is worth once we review your specific circumstances and damages. Average settlements for wrongful death cases will not tell you much, either. Your case is unique, and we will determine its value as soon as possible.
Factors that may affect your case’s value are:
- The deceased’s age and earning power (these may determine the value of their lost earning power)
- The share of liability for the circumstances that caused your loved one’s passing (if defendants are 100% liable, then they may cover all your losses)
- Other factors specific to your case
If you don’t know what to ask a Gainesville wrongful death lawyer, we can guide you and answer any questions you have. Once you hire us, we will start your case as soon as possible.
We Will Lead Your Gainesville Wrongful Case From Start to Finish
Our team treats our clients with the compassion and respect they deserve. In the period after a wrongful death, you may face:
- Immense grief
- Difficulty sleeping
- Estate-related concerns
- Your normal responsibilities
Life does not stop when a loved one suddenly passes. Yet, someone must lead your wrongful death lawsuit. A lawyer from our team can be your family’s personal representative.
Services We Provide in Gainesville Wrongful Death Cases
Our legal team is responsive and attentive and takes your concerns seriously. We provide regular case updates and respond promptly to your calls and emails.
Ultimately, our clients judge us on whether we secure their financial recovery. We will lead your fight for awards by:
- Identifying all parties who owe you compensation
- Determining how much each party owes you
- Drafting and filing lawsuits and insurance claims
- Gathering evidence to support your case
- Documenting the decedent’s fatal injuries, including medical care required for those injuries
- Documenting your damages
- Hiring experts at no cost to you
- Overseeing case-related communications
- Dealing with attorneys and insurance companies
- Protecting your rights
We will negotiate for the settlement that you deserve. If liable parties do not agree to a fair settlement, we will take your case to trial. Our firm will consult you about each significant change in your case’s status.
Our Case Results Serve as a Track Record
Before you hire a law firm, you should look into their case results. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has a record of financial recoveries, including:
- A $5.25 million recovery
- A $2 million recovery
- A $1.9 million recovery
- Another $1.9 million recovery
- A $500,000 recovery
- A $450,000 recovery
We have secured many more recoveries representing wrongful death victims in Georgia over many years. Your personal representative from our team will settle for nothing less than the recovery you deserve.
You can also review the testimonials of our past clients. They explain how Bader Scott Injury Lawyers go the extra mile to make our clients happy.
Is There a Statute of Limitations for Your Wrongful Death Case?
O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 generally allows us to file a wrongful death lawsuit within two years of your loved one’s passing. Therefore, it is critical that you hire us to start your case as soon as possible.
Some cases may be subject to statutes of limitations, while others may not be. We can tell you whether the statute of limitations applies to your case.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for Your Free Consultation About a Wrongful Death Case in Gainesville, GA
A Gainesville wrongful death lawyer will work to hold responsible parties accountable for your loved one’s death. Insurance companies and civil defense attorneys may fight to avoid paying you, but we’ll work day and night to secure your financial recovery.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today to complete your free consultation.