Pedestrians are some of the most vulnerable road users. Unlike drivers and passengers in cars and trucks, a pedestrian has no protection if an accident happens. This leaves them vulnerable to devastating injuries and exorbitant medical expenses.
If you were injured in or near Gwinnett County, our firm can help you. A Duluth pedestrian accident attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can investigate your case and recover compensation for your injury-related losses.
What Compensation Can I Get for a Pedestrian Accident?
Your recoverable damages depend on:
- What kinds of injuries you sustained (including physical, mental, and intellectual)
- How much money you lost and in what ways
- How serious your injuries are
- How much insurance the liable party has
The following questions can help you get a general idea of what types of compensation you can recover:
- Medical bills: Did you need treatment from a medical professional or healthcare establishment?
- Lost wages: Did you have to take time off from work or reduce your working hours while your injuries healed?
- Lost earning capacity: Are you permanently unable to earn or work as much as you did previously? Will you need to lower your standard of living or request financial assistance to make ends meet?
- Lost quality of life: Do you need help with ordinary tasks, such as getting dressed or walking to the store? Do your injuries prevent you from enjoying life or engaging in enjoyable activities?
- Pain and suffering: Did you sustain injuries that resulted in physical and/or emotional distress? Have you experienced symptoms of trauma related to the accident?
- Disability: Did you suffer a temporary disability caused by pain or injury, or did you suffer a permanent disability due to pain, nerve damage, amputation, or another injury?
It is also important to recognize that, to recover these losses, you must file your case within the civil statute of limitations, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. If you file your case too late, you do not have the right to collect compensation. If you file your case on time—in most cases, within two years—your suit is legally valid, and you can proceed with legal action.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Duluth, call (404) 888-8888
What Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Do?
Pursuing compensation involves a lot of work, especially if your case ends up in court. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can grant you peace of mind and more time to spend on rebuilding your life by:
- Identifying the liable party: Some cases are straightforward and involve only one liable party. Others are more complex and involve two or more liable parties. We will hold each party responsible for your losses financially accountable.
- Collecting evidence: We can request witness statements, police reports, medical records (with your permission), and other critical documents to create a clear, compelling case against the liable party (or parties).
- Performing administrative tasks: Instead of trying to return phone calls or submit forms by yourself, our team can handle all of that for you. In fact, it may be safer to let us manage communications rather than give the insurance company a chance to twist your words to its benefit.
- Meeting with the insurance company’s representatives: We can speak with representatives over the phone, by email, or in person. A lawyer from our firm can also negotiate a fair settlement.
- Fighting in court: If a pretrial settlement is not attainable for any reason, we are not afraid to face the at-fault party at trial. This would mean submitting evidence to the court, questioning witnesses on the stand, and performing other tasks.
Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Offer Help on Contingency
Some accident victims are concerned about hiring legal aid and represent themselves. This route can look especially appealing if you cannot work or if you have a lot of medical bills to pay. Given the law’s complexity, however, seeking damages alone could end up costing you more in the long run.
Our office wants to make sure that everyone who wishes to hire a personal injury lawyer can afford to do so. To that end, we offer the following services:
- A free, no-obligation, confidential case review to anyone who calls in
- No upfront costs
- No bills for attorney’s fees unless we secure compensation for you—no compensation for you means no payment for us
- We take a percentage of your total compensation as our fee rather than taking money out of your pocket
When you’re ready to start the legal process, we’re here to support you.
Duluth Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Our Clients Appreciate the Results We Get for Them
Not only have our lawyers secured millions for injured people in Georgia, but our previous clients have shared:
- May M. I had the pleasure of working with Ms. Jackie. She is very kind and responsive. I definitely felt more comfortable and secure having someone who took the time to understand my questions and concerns.
- Ashley R. Being new to the attorney process and having my accident happen on a weekend made it very difficult to find a great team to represent me. Karen at Bader Scott has made my life 1000000x easier by being so responsive and informative during my onboard game process.
- Carmen H. I had an absolutely fantastic and smooth experience with this firm handling my case. Ms. Jennifer Santos answered any and all questions I had; she was very knowledgeable and she worked hard to get me a great settlement. They are most definitely a great firm to work with and no doubt will definitely be recommending to everyone.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get a Free Case Evaluation with Our Pedestrian Accident Team
If you or a loved one was the victim of a pedestrian accident in Duluth, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers wants to hear from you. Our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to providing legal representation to anyone and everyone who wants it. Call today so we can provide you with a no-risk case review at no cost or obligation.