Statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) show that nearly 5,000 motorcyclists lost their lives in traffic accidents in the United States in 2018. Motorcycle riders have less protection than the occupants of other vehicles and can be harder to see on the road, which is why motorcyclists are often the victims of sideswipe, lane-change, and blind-spot accidents. Motorcyclists can suffer catastrophic injuries in an accident with a larger and heavier vehicle.
Were you involved in a motorcycle accident? If so, a Johns Creek motorcycle accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to manage your case. Our firm can help you with filing an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, as well as understanding your legal rights and responsibilities after the accident.
Please contact our offices at (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers offers representation on a contingency-fee basis with no up-front payments required.
The Severity of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents are may be catastrophic and can result in long-term injuries, paralysis, and even amputations, not to mention significant medical treatment expenses, a loss in the quality of life, and an inability to work in a gainfully employed capacity due to injury.
Injuries commonly seen in accidents involving motorcycles include:
- Traumatic brain injury, also known as TBI
- Spinal cord injury
- Road rash
- Cuts, lacerations, and contusions
- Broken and fractured bones
- Torn nerves, muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Internal bleeding and internal organ damage
- Eye and face injuries
- Dental injuries
We recommend seeing a doctor for an immediate evaluation after your motorcycle accident. This can allow a doctor to begin treating your injuries and can also create evidence in your medical record that your injuries originated from the motorcycle accident.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Johns Creek, call (404) 888-8888
Losses and Damages in a Motorcycle Accident Case
If you have the evidence and cause to file a personal injury claim for the losses you were made to suffer in a motorcycle accident, you can potentially file a claim for compensation for the following damages:
- Medical care costs, such as medications, assistive devices, diagnostic testing fees, doctor’s fees, and reimbursement for travel to and from medical appointments.
- Lost income and lost potential income if your injuries prevent you from earning as much as you did before the accident.
- Compensation for vehicle and/or property damage.
An alternate set of damages may be available to surviving family members in a wrongful death lawsuit. This may include burial and funeral costs, loss of income, and more.
A Johns Creek motorcycle accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you determine compensable damages that you may be able to file a claim for when we represent you. We can also help you understand the insurance and personal injury laws that apply to your case.
If you have grounds for a claim, we can help you identify the at-fault party responsible for your accident and establish a link between the causes of the accident and your losses and damages. To discuss your case for free with a member of our team, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888.
Johns Creek Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Common causes of motorcycle accidents are as follows:
- Aggressive and/or reckless driving.
- Distracted driving, which includes texting and driving.
- Driving on damaged roads.
- Unclear signage or road markers.
- Falling in the blind spot or no-zone of another vehicle.
- Poor lighting.
- Narrow lanes.
- Driving mistakes on the part of other road users.
You may wish to identify the causes of your accident, the injuries you suffered, and the at-fault party responsible for the accident before filing a claim. You may also wish to quantify and evaluate your losses so that you understand the value of your case and can file a claim for a fair amount that is backed by evidence. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you gather such evidence when we represent you.
Motorcycle Accident Liability
Liability for motorcycle accidents may be established if you can prove the following:
- That the negligent actions of another party–whether another road user, a parts manufacturer, or a road repair or maintenance crew–put you in proximate or direct harm of having an accident.
- That you suffered an accident because of the at-fault party’s actions.
- That you suffered identifiable losses–whether physical, financial, mental, or otherwise–in the accident.
Proving these elements may require you to produce evidence such as:
- Photos, videos, or a police report from the accident
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
- Your medical records
- Witness statements
- And more
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Time is Limited to File a Lawsuit
Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, a general two-year statute of limitations applies to personal injury lawsuits in Georgia. This means that you usually have two years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit, and if you try to file after this deadline, the court may dismiss your case.
It is important to protect your right to sue in case the responsible party’s insurance company is unwilling to make you a fair settlement offer. Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for information about what specific deadlines pertain to your case.
Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
A Johns Creek motorcycle accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to handle all legal work in your case while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Please call us at (404) 888-8888 for a free case evaluation from a member of our team. We represent clients on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we do not collect attorney fees unless and until you recover compensation via a settlement offer or court award.