If a driver happens to hit you while you are walking on the road, in a crosswalk, or on the sidewalk, you may suffer permanent and life-altering injuries. The blunt force trauma imparted to pedestrians from a moving vehicle can lead to total physical incapacitation, broken bones, head and brain injuries, and even death.
If you suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident, a Johns Creek pedestrian accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to help you. Based on the specifics of your case, our firm can help you gather evidence, estimate your losses, and file a claim for the injuries and damages you suffered.
Call the Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team today at (404) 888-8888 for a free, no-obligation consultation on your case. We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee basis with no up-front payment required.
How Pedestrian Accidents Occur
Data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) shows that 6,283 pedestrians were killed in the United States in 2018. This was the highest number of fatalities in almost 30 years. Pedestrian accidents are common in highly populated urban areas, but they can also occur on other roadways, for example, in small towns or suburban living communities. Pedestrian accidents are common in intersections and may occur at night due to decreased pedestrian visibility.
Pedestrian accidents may be caused by:
- Driver or pedestrian distraction
- Speeding or driving aggressively or recklessly
- Drunk driving
- Dangerous lane merges or unexpected turns
- Unclear or malfunctioning traffic control devices
- Sidewalks or crosswalks that are crowded or not clearly marked
- Sudden stops in traffic or unexpected changes in the flow of traffic
These factors may increase the likelihood that one of the pedestrian accident types outlined below occurs:
- A motorist strikes a pedestrian in a crosswalk that another vehicle stopped for but, in stopping for the pedestrian, the vehicle blocked the view of the driver that struck the pedestrian.
- A pedestrian may suddenly dart out on the road. A motorist may not have enough time to slow down or stop and may strike the pedestrian.
- A vehicle can strike a pedestrian while backing up. This may occur in neighborhoods, parking lots, or on sidewalks and driveways.
- Pedestrians can also be hit by vehicles that execute a turn without coming to a complete stop at an intersection or checking the crosswalk for a pedestrian
It can be difficult to handle a personal injury claim on top of treatment for your injuries after a pedestrian accident. This is where a Johns Creek pedestrian accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team may be able to help. We can handle all of the legal work in your case when we represent you.
Please call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Johns Creek, call (404) 888-8888
Liability in a Pedestrian Accident Case
You have the right to sue for damages in Georgia if the actions of a negligent party caused you to suffer damages or losses. Proving their negligence may establish their liability.
Anyone driving on the road is assumed to owe everyone else on the road—including pedestrians—a duty of care. The duty of care is simply obeying traffic law and not performing actions–or being guilty of dangerous inaction–that can lead to harm to others. Driving within the speed limit, yielding the right of way, and not driving while intoxicated or distracted are all part of the duty of care. Breaking these rules or otherwise violating a traffic law may be considered an act of negligence.
Evidence that a driver’s negligence caused your pedestrian accident and injuries may allow you to recover compensation. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can gather evidence of the responsible party’s negligence when we represent you. This may include witness statements and testimony from accident reconstruction experts.
Johns Creek Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Common Injuries and Damages in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can lead to death, total physical incapacitation, partial paralysis, whiplash, broken bones, amputations, internal bleeding, brain damage, and cuts and bruises. An accident victim may also lose substantial amounts of income and may require extensive medical care and treatment before he or she recovers.
If your pedestrian accident was caused by the errors, negligence, or recklessness of another party, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim against them. This may allow you to recover compensation for damages such as:
- Your medical bills, both current and future
- Lost wages or reduced earning capability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- And more
If your loved one was killed in a Johns Creek pedestrian accident and you are pursuing compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit, a different set of damages may available to you, such as funeral and burial costs. Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for more information about this type of case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us for Assistance With Your Case
A Johns Creek pedestrian accident lawyer with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you gather evidence to build your case when we represent you. Keep in mind that, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, there is a general two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Georgia, and that waiting too long and letting this deadline pass before you act could mean that your lawsuit gets dismissed.
Please contact a member of the Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team today at
(404) 888-8888 to learn more about your legal options. Consultations with our firm are free for Johns Creek pedestrian accident victims, and we represent our clients on a contingency-fee basis.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form