If you or a loved one suffered harm due to the actions of a distracted driver, you are not alone. You can pursue compensation and hold a distracted driver accountable for the pain and suffering that they caused you.
A Brookhaven distracted driving accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you file a personal injury case and seek a settlement that will help alleviate your family’s hardship in this trying time.
What to Know About Hiring a Lawyer from Our Team
When you hire a Brookhaven distracted driving accident lawyer from our firm to pursue a personal injury case, they can perform a variety of services for you. For example, your attorney will:
- File your case quickly. We will file your lawsuit on time so that you do not have to worry about the statute of limitations running out on your case. Allow us to get the legal process started as quickly as possible.
- Gather evidence to make your case: Our team will gather all of the evidence necessary to make your case and show that the other party was negligent. Evidence could include eyewitness testimony, surveillance footage, or information from the police report filed after the accident.
- Consult with field experts. We can also consult the testimony of expert medical witnesses to understand what kind of health challenges you have faced and will continue to face due to this accident.
- Communicate with all involved parties. You do not need to speak to the other drivers involved or insurance companies. An attorney from our team will handle all communications for you and keep you updated on any progress in your case. In fact, if someone approaches you with a settlement offer, you should let our team know right away.
- Determine fair compensation. Compensation needs to cover more than medical bills. Your distracted driving attorney will take your current medical costs, your potential future health issues, and your family’s mental anguish into account as they calculate fair compensation.
- Hold liable parties accountable. We will name the liable parties and hold them accountable for their roles in this distracted driving accident.
- Make your case (in court if needed). Many of these cases result in a settlement offer, but our firm will be prepared to fight for the best legal outcome in any situation. If the case ends up going to court, your lawyer will make your case there.
Our team can provide assistance in other ways, depending on the needs of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a distracted driving accidents lawyer serving Brookhaven, call (404) 888-8888
What to Know about Pursuing Compensation
If you decide to pursue a personal injury case against a distracted driver, there are some things you need to know. Be aware of:
The Statute of Limitations
It is in your best interest to start the legal process as early as possible. This is because the state sets a limit on how long you can wait to file a suit. Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you have just two years to file before your right to sue expires.
That may seem like a long time, but the months can go by quickly as you recover from the injuries you suffered due to the collision.
What Compensation Can Cover
Your financial recovery can account for more than just your medical expenses. There are so many other considerations to make when calculating fair compensation. It can help cover various bills and even consider your family’s mental anguish resulting from the accident. You may collect compensation for:
- Current medical bills
- The cost of future care
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning potential
- Loss of enjoyment
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
If your loved one passed away in the distracted driving accident, you may be eligible to sue for wrongful death damages. This type of compensation considers funeral expenses and loss of household income, but it can also account for the emotional pain and suffering your family has experienced.
Brookhaven Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How Distracted Driving Causes Accidents
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), distracted driving was a factor in accidents that caused 3,142 fatalities in 2019. It presents a danger to other drivers, vehicle passengers, pedestrians, and cyclists. Taking your eyes off of the road for just a split-second while traveling at highway speeds can have deadly consequences.
Common distractions include other passengers, loud music, and cell phone usage. Drivers who pay more attention to their car’s radio or infotainment system are also putting others in danger. Even eating while behind the wheel can end up being a dangerous distraction. Any of these behaviors can split the driver’s attention and lead to a deadly motor vehicle accident.
When investigating the circumstances of your collision, our firm will look for evidence of distractions like these to see if they played a role. For example, witness testimony, traffic camera footage, and cellphone data could help us prove if the driver was texting when your accident occurred.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call for Your Free Consultation
Now it is time to learn more about what a Brookhaven distracted driving accident lawyer from our office can do for you. Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888 and get your free consultation today. Let one of our team members review your case and discuss your options.
There is no obligation attached to this call, and you do not pay us anything until you receive a settlement. Reach out to our office today and learn more about how our lawyers can assist you.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form