A drunk driver is a danger to everyone else on the road. If you or a loved one suffered injuries due to a drunk driver’s negligent actions, you can file a personal injury or wrongful death case and pursue compensation. A motor vehicle accident can result in expensive bills and lasting injuries. The drunk driver who caused the accident should be held accountable.
If you decide to pursue compensation, you can learn more about how a Brookhaven drunk driving accident lawyer from our team can help. Your attorney can do much to help you and your family navigate the legal landscape after a devastating motor vehicle accident.
Pursuing a Personal Injury Case
Before you pursue a personal injury case, there are some things that you need to know about filing and how legal representation can help:
The Statute of Limitations
In accordance with OCGA §9-3-33, you have two years to pursue a personal injury lawsuit in Georgia. If you want to ensure that a negligent driver is held accountable, you need to act quickly to begin the legal process.
Fast action can also make it easier to gather the evidence you need to make your case, like security footage and eyewitness testimony.
How Hiring a Lawyer Can Help
A Brookhaven drunk driving accident lawyer from our staff can do many things to assist you with your case. Before you decide to go it alone, know that one of our attorneys can:
- Promptly file your case
- Name the liable parties and hold them accountable
- Gather evidence
- Calculate fair compensation
- Handle all communications for you
- Represent you in court, if needed
- Keep you updated on the progress of your case
Having our law firm in your corner cannot guarantee a certain outcome, but you can be sure that we will fight for the best possible legal result.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Brookhaven, call (404) 888-8888
Types of Compensation that You Can Seek
A motor vehicle accident can cause thousands of dollars in damage. If you suffered harm in a crash with a drunk driver, you could see medical bills begin to pile up. You could end up needing to take time away from work due to your injuries. You may also get a hefty repair bill for your vehicle.
All of these factors can result in financial hardship for you and your family. That is why you should pursue compensation after a drunk driving accident. Per the American Bar Association (ABA), your settlement could cover:
- Medical bills: Your compensation can help you cover the cost of hospital stays, visits to the doctor, prescription medication, therapy, and other medical costs resulting from your accident. Fair compensation also takes your future care costs into account. If an injury leaves lasting damage that results in more medical costs down the line, that needs to be considered.
- Lost wages: If you end up needing time off from work as you recover, that can mean missed paychecks. This missed pay can cause financial stress, which is why your compensation could also help you cover any lost wages.
- Lost earning potential: An injury from your car accident could also prevent you from working in the same capacity. If your injuries leave lasting effects that result in you needing to change careers, work fewer hours, or abstain from working entirely, they are affecting your future earning potential. A settlement should take these future lost earnings into account as well.
- Property damage: A drunk driving accident can cause expensive damage to your vehicle. If insurance does not cover everything, a lawsuit could help you pay for damage to your property.
- Pain and suffering: Your compensation could also help alleviate any other pain and suffering your family has experienced as a result of this accident. The cost of a drunk driving accident is more than economic, and your family’s anguish and pain need to be considered in your settlement calculations.
Damages From a Fatal Drunk Driving Collision
If your loved one passed away in an accident with a drunk driver, you may be able to pursue wrongful death damages. This type of compensation considers the economic contribution of the deceased to your household and your family’s pain and suffering.
Whether or not you can file a case depends on your relationship to the deceased. Our firm can tell you more about who is eligible to file such a suit.
Brookhaven Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Learn More About Your Legal Options
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to the irresponsible and negligent behavior of a drunk driver, you can hold the liable party accountable. Fortunately, you do not have to pursue a personal injury or wrongful death case on your own. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can assist you and tell you more about your legal options.
Just call (404) 888-8888 for your free consultation. There is no obligation, and you do not pay until you receive a settlement. Learn more about how a Brookhaven drunk driving accident lawyer from our team can help you pursue justice today.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form