A car accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you recover compensation for your injuries after you are in a hit-and-run car accident.
You may wonder how you can recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering when a negligent driver leaves you hurt and alone in Brookhaven. Our team can help you find alternative ways of recovering compensation.
How Our Law Firm Can Help After a Hit-and-Run Accident
If you are involved in a hit-and-run accident, you may not know how to seek compensation for your injuries and the time you could not work. We can explain your options and help you prepare a case that supports your right to financial recovery. Our services include:
- Investigating the accident
- Identifying the negligent parties when possible
- Filing the necessary claims or court paperwork
- Fighting for the damages our clients seek
We can handle every step in your case.
Investigating Your Hit-and-Run
During an investigation of your collision, we will work to discover what happened and who was responsible. Your lawyer from our team will collect evidence such as CCTV footage, witness statements, and police reports to uncover who committed the hit-and-run.
Using this evidence, we will try to identify and locate the liable party. Law enforcement may also be able to track down the driver. If so, we can use the evidence we gathered to hold the liable party responsible for their negligent actions.
We Will Fight to Hold the Responsible Person or Party Accountable
If our team or law enforcement locates the driver who left you hurt, our team will build a case to prove your right to compensation for the injuries they caused. Along with the fact that they fled the scene, we will work to present evidence that their carelessness caused your collision in the first place.
Some ways in which the other party may have been driving negligently include:
- Drunk or drug-impaired driving: When under the influence, drivers may be more likely to cause an accident because of their dulled reflexes and senses. They also may be more likely to make unwise decisions, like fleeing the scene.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who pay attention to something other than the road (e.g., their phone, GPS, radio, etc.) can cause collisions.
- Fatigued driving: If the driver who struck you was drowsy, they may have fallen asleep at the wheel or not had full control of the vehicle.
- Aggressive driving: Speeding, tailgating, weaving in traffic, racing, ignoring traffic signals, and road rage all fall under this category. Someone who practices aggressive driving may also make other unwise choices, such as fleeing the scene of the accident.
Recovering Compensation When the Driver Is Unidentified
In hit-and-run cases, it is not always possible to identify the at-fault driver and hold them accountable. As such, our team will prepare to help you explore other financial recovery options.
For example, this may involve filing an uninsured motorist (UM) claim with your insurance company. This will require much of the same evidence we would present against the at-fault driver, and our team can represent you in negotiations.
For a free legal consultation with a hit-and-run accidents lawyer serving Brookhaven, call (404) 888-8888
Recoverable Damages in Hit-and-Run Accident Cases
Damages are a legal remedy in civil cases that compensate victims for their losses. Depending on the circumstances, there are two types of damages you may be able to recover through a personal injury case: economic and non-economic damages.
Here is some information on these damages and what you can expect to recover in your situation:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses from your collision and injuries. They can include medical bills for:
- Doctor’s visits
- Medical equipment and devices
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitation and occupational therapy
- Psychological services
- Home health aides
- And anything else you need to treat your injuries
You may also qualify to recover compensation for the following:
- Lost wages
- Wage gap if you have to take a lower-paying position
- Lost earning potential
- Other services required due to your injuries
If you lost your loved one to a hit-and-run accident, wrongful death damages may be available. These may cover your loved one’s medical bills and lost wages in the time between their accident and death, as well as their future lost earnings and burial costs.
Non-economic damages refer to your intangible losses, such as your physical pain and mental and emotional suffering. A serious injury can take the joy out of life, punctuating your daily activities with pain and distress.
You can also recover non-economic damages in a wrongful death case. These may cover your loved one’s pain and suffering between the time of their accident and passing, as well as your own suffering due to their loss.
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we know how devastating the impact of these injuries can be on all aspects of your life. This is why we fight just as hard to recover non-economic damages as we do when we pursue economic damages.
Brookhaven Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Reach Out to Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
According to OCGA §9-3-33, the statute of limitations on bringing a personal injury lawsuit is generally two years. The clock is already running if you have been injured in a hit-and-run accident—the sooner you give us a call, the sooner we can get to work locating the driver and seeking your financial recovery.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888 to receive your free consultation. During this call, you will learn more about how a Brookhaven hit-and-run accident lawyer can help you recover compensation for your damages.