If you sustained injuries in a bicycle accident, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you seek financial awards from the responsible party. Our Gainesville bicycle accident attorneys can help you prove fault and pursue compensation for your medical care and more.
If Another Party’s Negligence Caused Your Hall County Bicycle Accident, You Can Pursue Compensation
You can seek financial awards for damages suffered in an accident you did not cause. Compensation may include:
- Economic damages – This includes your medical bills, lost wages, property damages, and any other calculable out-of-pocket costs related to your accident. Economic compensation accounts for money you have already spent and includes the value of your future medical needs, loss of earning capacity, and other necessary expenses. Our attorneys can help you figure out your damages using your bills and receipts, and we can also help you estimate a fair sum for your future expenses.
- Non-economic damages – These damages are more difficult to quantify because they compensate accident victims for the effect their injuries have on their lives. Also termed “pain and suffering,” these damages may include awards for scarring and disfigurement, depression, anxiety, a permanent injury or disability, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful death damages – If your spouse, child, or parent suffered a fatal bicycle accident injury, you may qualify for compensation for their wrongful death. This may include awards for your loved one’s medical bills, funeral and burial costs, and the loss of their financial and emotional support.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Gainesville, call (404) 888-8888
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Will Identify and Prove Accident Liability
Negligent driving is not the only cause of bicycle accidents. Other accident causes may include:
- Vehicle or bicycle issues, such as brake failure or a blown tire
- Bad or dangerous road design, including lack of lighting or signs
- Pedestrian negligence
- The actions of another bicyclist
- Potholes or cracked and broken surfaces
- Foreign objects in the roadway
Our Gainesville accident attorneys will look into your crash’s specific details and determine all of the potentially liable parties. We can:
- Visit the scene of your accident and collect available evidence
- Enlist the help of crash reconstruction specialists
- Take photographs of your crash site, injuries, and bicycle damages
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses
- Seek medical professionals and other experts to testify on your behalf
We will build the strongest case possible to help you achieve the fairest amount of compensation available. We believe in holding people accountable for their wrongful actions, and we want to help you get justice.
Gainesville Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
We Will Handle Your Insurance Claim or Lawsuit from Start to Finish
When you work with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, you gain an ally who will stand by your side every step of the way. We will deal with the insurance companies so you can deal with more important things, like your health and your family.
We will submit your claim and speak with the insurance company on your behalf. By going through an attorney, you let the insurance company know you mean business and will not allow them to pressure you or push you into a hasty (and potentially unfair) settlement.
We will review your settlement offers before you sign to ensure you are receiving the compensation you deserve. If your offer is not satisfactory, we will work to negotiate a better payout.
You Have Limited Time to Pursue Compensation Through a Lawsuit
We know getting the money you need quickly and efficiently is important to you, and we will try to resolve your case as soon as possible. However, if the insurance company denies your claim, we can pursue a lawsuit.
If you take legal action, you must file your personal injury or wrongful death case within two years of your accident or loved one’s passing, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
Georgia Drivers and Bike Riders Have a Legal Duty to Share the Road
Bicyclists have the right to travel in the roadway, but they must follow the same traffic laws as motor vehicles, according to O.C.G.A. § 40-6-291. This means that drivers must watch for cyclists on the road, yield to bicycles when appropriate, and avoid making improper turns into a bicycle’s path. As always, drivers and bicyclists alike should not engage in negligent driving behaviors, such as:
- Drinking and driving
- Disobeying traffic lights and signs
- Driving distracted
Georgia law also states that vehicle drivers must maintain a “safe distance” of at least three feet from bicyclists when sharing the roadway (O.C.G.A. § 40-6-56). When the road includes a bicycle lane, drivers must yield to cyclists using the lane (O.C.G.A. § 40-6-55).
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Injuries in Bicycle Accidents
Bicyclists have little protection from injuries when struck by a larger, heavier car, truck, or bus in a crash. According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, data from 2019 found that while bicycle and pedestrian accidents amounted to less than 0.5 percent of all motor vehicle accidents, they accounted for 17 percent of traffic fatalities.
Additionally, non-fatal crashes can result in serious injuries, including:
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Neck, back, and spinal injuries
- Severe cuts, scrapes, and bruising (road rash)
- Scarring and facial injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is Committed to Client Service
When you work with our team, you get a full-service law firm at your disposal. We will always treat you with the highest degree of respect, and you will get our full focus and attention when discussing your case. We will:
- Provide you with timely and regular case updates
- Put you in contact with your attorney or case manager the same day you call
- Answer your questions simply and without using complicated “legalese”
- Work to build a relationship of mutual trust
- Always give you the final say on what happens with your case
Call Our Offices Today
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers takes cases on contingency. We can help you seek financial awards at no upfront cost to you. To learn more, call us at (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation.