Bicycling offers many benefits for your health, mood, and carbon footprint. There are tradeoffs, however: a bicycle offers riders much less protection than a car or a truck, so bicyclists are more likely to suffer severe injuries in a collision.
If you or a loved one was involved in such an accident, a Duluth bicycle accident attorney from our firm would like to help. We offer free consultations to all callers, and we fight hard to get our clients the compensation they need and deserve.
Getting Legal Help with Your Bicycle Accident Case
After a bicycle accident, you have better things to do with your time than manage a legal case on your own. You should be:
- Focusing on recovering from your condition (if possible)
- Altering your lifestyle to accommodate your injuries, if necessary
- Spending time with loved ones and letting them help you through this difficult time
- Keeping medical appointments and following your doctor’s orders
We’re Ready to Support Both You and Your Legal Case Today
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we want to make sure that every bicycle accident victim in Duluth has the peace of mind to focus on their well-being. While you focus on your recovery, an attorney from our team will serve you by:
- Collecting evidence to support your case by requesting documentation, speaking with experts and witnesses, reviewing traffic camera footage, and visiting the accident scene
- Identifying what forms you need to file, filling them out for you, and submitting them on time to all relevant parties
- Calculating how much you should seek in damages based on your current and future needs
- Determining whether to seek a pretrial settlement or take your case to court
- Representing you either at the negotiating table or in the courtroom
- Arguing relentlessly for fair compensation and against any attempts the insurance company makes to undervalue your case
- Keeping you updated throughout the process and promptly answering all legal questions you come to us with
We Strive to Make Legal Aid Accessible to Everyone
We can also refrain from adding to your financial burden by reducing or deferring legal expenses where possible. For instance:
- We provide free case assessments to everyone who calls our office. This allows people like you to discover the potential validity of their cases without any risk or obligation.
- We do not charge attorney’s fees up front. Instead, we charge an agreed-upon percentage of your settlement once your case concludes.
- We do not charge attorney’s fees if we cannot get you compensation. Your success and ours are intertwined.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Duluth, call (404) 888-8888
Bicycle Accident Damages We Can Fight For
Your physical and emotional injuries, as well as any property damage you sustained (e.g., damage to your bicycle), can cost a lot to treat or get fixed. Despite this, you may have fewer resources than ever to pay for such expenses–especially if your injury prevents you from going to work.
As part of the compensation you demand from the liable party, we can ask them to pay for:
- The income you lost when you took leave from work or worked light-duty or part-time while your injuries healed
- The income you will miss out on in the future due to permanent, disabling injuries that prevent you from going back to work full-time or at all
- Other job benefits (like health insurance or a pension) you have lost
- Medical bills associated with treating your injuries, including treatment for both physical and psychological harm
- Repair bills associated with fixing your bike
- The cost of a new bike, if your old one was beyond repair
- Bills from housekeepers, gardeners, babysitters, or others whose help you required after the accident
We will determine what constitutes a fair settlement by accounting for:
The Extent of Your Physical Injuries
The more severe your condition, the more compensation you can request from the liable party. Injuries in your case could include:
- Temporary disabilities, e.g., bone fractures and whiplash
- Permanent disabilities, e.g., chronic pain and amputated limbs
- Partial disabilities, e.g., a limited range of motion
- Total disabilities, e.g., complete paralysis
- Intellectual disabilities, e.g., traumatic brain injuries caused by a blow to the head
Your Psychological Damage
Accidents can be traumatizing in many ways. You might be feeling angry, sad, confused, and overwhelmed by:
- Memories of the accident itself, which could cause or worsen a mental illness
- Physical pain, which can impair your quality of life
- The strain of trying to pick up the pieces of your life and support your family in spite of your injury
- Changes in your relationships with loved ones
Damages like emotional trauma, reduced quality of life, and loss of consortium are all compensable.
Duluth Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Your Case Is Subject to Legal Deadlines
As the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) states, bicyclists have just as much right to use the road as cars and other vehicles. If your rights as a bicyclist were violated, we want to help you fight for an appropriate settlement or jury award.
To do so, however, we must be mindful of the statute of limitations. O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 gives you just two years from the accident’s date to begin a lawsuit against the liable party.
The statute of limitations isn’t the only reason to consider prompt legal action. With the passage of time, some evidence could be harder to find or become less compelling. Starting sooner means we could have an easier time finding enough proof to support your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us After a Bicycle Accident in Gwinnett County
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers represents bicycle accident victims in Duluth and all throughout the Atlanta area. To learn more about what an attorney from our law firm can do for you, call us today. We will provide a confidential case assessment at no cost, and, as noted, we never charge attorney’s fees unless you get compensated.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form