According to the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), nearly 300 cyclists suffered injuries in Chatham County when hit by a car between 2017 and 2021. In addition, almost 7 in 10 car crashes involving bicycles countywide resulted in injuries—no surprise, considering bicyclists are at a disadvantage in car accidents due to their lack of protection, exposing them to severe injury.
If a car or truck struck you while riding your bicycle along U.S. Highway 80 or Augusta Road, you could pursue compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit. A Garden City bicycle accident attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can advise you on your best options.
You Can Receive Compensation for Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Some bicycle accidents cause minor injuries, like bruises, cuts, or scrapes. However, others result in emergency room visits and substantial medical bills. Some severe injuries commonly seen in bicycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Broken bones
Your injuries’ severity and associated medical costs will significantly affect your damages. However, you could also receive compensation for:
- Lost income: Your injuries might have left you unable to work after your bicycle accident. Thus, you can recover compensation for your lost income (e.g., wages, tips, and bonuses) and reimbursement for your reduced earning capacity if the accident left you permanently disabled.
- Property damages: Bicycles might be less expensive than most cars, but they’re still costly to repair or replace. Your claim can include reimbursement for repair bills or a new bike.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is noneconomic damage that’s typically more difficult to calculate. Unfortunately, you can’t just look at past receipts to determine the total. However, a serious accident can reduce your quality of life—a fact your final award can reflect.
In a perfect world, the at-fault drive would reimburse every damage listed here. Your award would cover your medical bills and other losses. However, settlements are subject to negotiations, and jury verdicts are unpredictable. Either could result in a reduction in what you recover in damages. That’s where our team can help. We’ll use our experience and expertise to fight for the best possible outcome for you.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Garden City, call (404) 888-8888
Why Hire a Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
You could pursue an insurance claim or file a lawsuit without the assistance of a lawyer. However, if you choose this route, you’ll be considered a “pro se litigant,” and you’ll have to face insurers or a rival legal team alone.
Recovering from a bicycle accident takes time and energy, as does managing a legal case. Therefore, you may need to spend hours developing an in-depth understanding of motor vehicle law if you proceed without an attorney.
However, a lawyer from our firm can take the stress out of this process. We believe that you deserve legal representation. Thus, we provide a range of services that will cover the bases so you can get back to what really matters—your recovery and your family.
We’ll Deal With Insurers
Insurance companies are notoriously difficult to confront. They’ll do everything in their power to offer the lowest possible payout. Their interests lie in their bottom line, not your recovery.
For example, in a recent motor vehicle accident case we represented, the liable party’s insurer refused to offer an insurance settlement. However, that didn’t slow us down. Instead, we actively fought for our client’s rights during the negotiation process and came away with a $197,500 insurance settlement. In another accident case, we increased a client’s payout from $35,000 to $300,000.
The insurance negotiation process is tricky. For example, saying the wrong thing can harm the status of your case. So, we’ll deal with insurers on your behalf:
- Manage communication with the liable party’s insurer
- Push for the best settlement offer possible
- Advise you on what you can say to insurers without jeopardizing your case
We’ll Build Your Bicycle Accident Case
Bicycle accident cases rely on evidence. Without it, you can’t build a case that assigns negligence to another party. Thus, we will review:
- Witness interviews
- Expert statements
- Traffic camera footage
- Accident photos or videos
- Your medical records and bills
- Tax records and pay stubs
This evidence will help us build a complete picture of what you’ve suffered because of the accident. Then, we’ll determine a fair value for your losses and fight for the justice and compensation you need to make you whole again.
Garden City Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Accessible and Communicative Bicycle Accident Legal Service
Our team takes pride in caring for our clients. For example, we provide case updates and accessible legal counsel. Thus, we’ll never leave you on the hook with a difficult question. So, check out what previous clients have said about working with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers:
- “I cannot write better things about my experience working with Shanti, Brenda & the entire Bader Scott team throughout my personal injury case due to an automobile accident. Shanti & Brenda communicated with me constantly through the entire process keeping me up to date with the progress and what to expect in my case.” – Will S.
- “I was so afraid to start the process and when I called and asked all the questions; I was given answers that made me feel comfortable. I never had a problem like this before so going to this firm was the best decision I made. Thank you for helping me when I need it the most.” – Betty F.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
Our firm is ready to take your call if you sustained injuries in a bicycle accident in Chatham County. A bicycle accident attorney from our firm who serves Garden City can assist you. In addition, we work on contingency, meaning you pay no fees unless we win your case.
We suggest that you start your case as soon as possible. Personal injury lawsuits have a two-year statute of limitations in Georgia, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. In addition, building a compelling case takes time, and we want you to have a shot at receiving fair compensation. So, call today for a no-obligation case review.