Drunk driving accidents cause countless injuries in Georgia each year, not to mention the mental suffering and financial damages that can stem from these accidents. Fortunately, Georgia law protects victims of drunk driving accidents and may allow you to recover your losses.
If you believe someone else was responsible for your drunk driving accident in Johns Creek, a lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help fight to protect your right to recover your losses. While our attorneys work on your case, you can focus on your recovery. You do not have to go through this process alone. We will fight to get you compensation.
Damages You May Be Eligible to Receive
Under Georgia law, victims of negligence may be eligible to receive financial compensation and other forms of damages.
If the other party is found liable for your losses, you may be eligible to pursue a claim for a number of losses, including:
- Lost wages, for the tips, bonuses, hourly pay, vacation time, and other benefits
- Disabilities and disfigurements, for the changes in your mobility or appearance
- Medical expenses, for the emergency transportation, pain medication, diagnostic tests, and follow-up doctor’s appointments
- Property damage, for the damage to your vehicle
- Mental anguish, for the mental health issues you developed from the trauma of the accident
- Pain and suffering, for the pain your injuries have caused you
A Johns Creek lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can catalog all the losses you have endured from the drunk driving accident—including your financial, physical, and psychological suffering. In doing so, we will assign an appropriate value to your case so that you can seek justice for your suffering.
Assigning Case Values for Drunk Driving Accident Victims
If you decide to retain a drunk driving accident attorney, we can use a variety of methods to assign a value to your case, including:
- Documenting the extent of your physical and psychological damages
- Cataloging the cost of your recovery, including medical treatment, rehabilitation, and more
- Collecting proof of your lost wages and estimating your loss of income for the future
- Gathering victim impact statements from the parties affected by the accident
- Using methods to calculate your non-financial damages, including your mental suffering
There are many complex factors involved in determining the value of your case. Your lawyer can discuss the ways these values are assessed in your particular situation.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Johns Creek, call (404) 888-8888
Common Injuries From Drunk Driving Accidents
Drunk driving accidents can cause life-altering injuries to both the body and mind of the victim. Fortunately, many of these losses can be factored into your case value before any potential settlement negotiations begin.
Common injuries from drunk driving accidents include:
- Whiplash, and other neck-related injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- And more
If you were in an accident and were able to medically document any injuries, a lawyer with our firm can investigate the evidence in your case to fight for medical and other compensation. Additionally, if you were able to document the names, contact information, or insurance information of the driver involved in the accident, this information will also be important for your lawyer to analyze your case.
These forms of injury may be painful, involve long recovery times, expensive medical bills, and even lost wages from time missed at work. Let one of our lawyers fight for your right to recover losses like these, allowing you the time you need to heal.
Johns Creek Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How Our Legal Team Can Serve You Following an Accident
We have discussed how our lawyers can complete different tasks on your behalf, such as assessing your losses and gathering evidence. When you hire us, you can expect us to take over other such responsibilities for you:
- Answering all your legal questions
- Keeping you updated on all changes in your case
- Identifying all negligent parties
- Communicating with the other party and their representatives
- Negotiating a settlement that covers all your damages
- Filing a lawsuit by the state-imposed deadline, if need be
In reference to the last point, our team can determine which deadline applies to your case. Under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, victims and/or their family typically has two years to bring their lawsuit against the liable parties. Notifying us as soon as possible is crucial. If we get started late into the timeframe, we might miss the deadline, which could prohibit you from seeking compensation.
Helping Drunk Driving Victims on Contingency
When you reach out to Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we will provide you with a free consultation without any obligation. If you choose to move forward with us, we will not charge you any advancements on our payments.
Instead of charging you out of pocket or up front, your lawyer will take their fee out of your final financial recovery. This contingency-fee plan helps lift the financial burden off your shoulders, which allows you to take no risk when you select our legal services.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Punishments for Driving Under the Influence in Georgia
Drunk driving accidents are criminal offenses, and depending on the circumstances of your case, they could also be punishable offenses. A lawyer with our firm can fight for fines collected from the driver, and in some cases, drunk drivers may even be required to serve jail time or community service sentences.
According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, these punishments may be even more severe depending on the number of previous offenses on the driver’s record. While a first offense can involve a maximum $1,000 fine and a license suspension of up to one year, a third offense can include a maximum $5,000 fine and a license revocation for five years.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Will Fight for Your Rights After an Accident in Johns Creek
When you work with a drunk driving accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we can be there to fight for your case every step of the way.
To get started with your free consultation today, connect with a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers representative at (404) 888-8888.