Getting hurt in a reckless driving accident can result in high medical bills, unpaid time off work, and debilitating pain. If you or a loved one suffered these damages and others due to a reckless driver, you might be able to pursue compensation. A Peachtree Corners reckless driving accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can take on your case while you recover.
Not only do we offer free consultations at our law firm, but we also operate on a contingency-fee-basis. We take nothing from you upfront or out-of-pocket and only collect our fee if and when you receive compensation. You have nothing to lose, so let us help you.
Recovering Damages After a Reckless Driving Accident
This accident has probably affected various areas of your life, and you should not have to suffer these consequences. Although nothing can take back what happened, financial compensation may be able to make your life as normal as possible.
As such, the two types of damages you can pursue are:
These losses have a fixed dollar value, so we can look at your medical bills, pay stubs, and other invoices to put an accurate price on these damages, including:
- Loss of income: If you cannot go to work because of your injuries
- Medical expenses: If your injuries called for your hospitalization, surgery, medication, medical equipment, doctor’s visits, and lab tests
- Property damages: If your vehicle is no longer operable and you need to get it repaired or replaced
- Household services: If you are no longer able to do housework on your own and need assistance
These losses, on the other hand, are more physical and psychological—they hold no actual financial value. Still, you may be awarded compensation as a means of addressing the hardships these losses caused.
Examples of these damages are:
- Reduced quality of life: If your new lifestyle is discouraging and inconvenient because you cannot perform as you did before—both personally and professionally
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries cause you serious discomfort or emotional challenges
- Scarring and disfigurement: If your appearance and functionality has changed since your accident
If your loved one died in the accident, you can seek damages for their medical expenses, funeral services, and loss of consortium. Note that these listed damages are not the only ones you can claim in your case. A Peachtree Corners reckless driving accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can assess all of your damages and put an accurate price on each one.
For a free legal consultation with a reckless driving accidents lawyer serving Peachtree Corners, call (404) 888-8888
Our Lawyers Can Help Put You At Ease
The aftermath of a car accident can take a toll on your mental and physical well-being, and managing a personal injury case might be too overwhelming to even think about. Luckily, a lawyer from our firm can take over the case on your behalf.
Some of the services we can offer include:
- Answering all of your questions about your case
- Gathering evidence
- Identifying liable parties
- Speaking to eyewitnesses
- Checking in with your medical team to track your recovery
- Managing all communication with relevant parties
- Negotiating a settlement on your behalf
- Representing you in a trial, if need be
- Updating you on the status of your case
Statute of Limitations
In addition to the above duties, we can help you meet deadlines set forth by the state. For example, if you choose to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, OCGA §9-3-33 gives you two years to do so.
Make sure you notify our law firm about your case as soon as you can, so we can get started immediately. Otherwise, the court might not accept a late case submission. It would then be up to you to pay for all your related damages.
Peachtree Corners Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Proving Negligence In a Reckless Driving Accident Case
When we are building your case, it is vital to demonstrate and prove that the other party was negligent via four different elements. These elements include:
- Duty of care: The other driver was obligated to comply with all road rules and drive according to the road conditions.
- Breach of duty of care: The other driver failed to meet this standard of care and drove recklessly by speeding, drinking and driving, or disregarding traffic signals.
- Causation: This breach of duty of care led to your injuries.
- Damages: You are now suffering financial and non-financial losses because of the other driver’s reckless driving.
Once we have established these four elements, we can move forward in your pursuit of compensation.
How Georgia’s Comparative Negligence Laws Can Apply to Your Case
According to OCGA §51-12-33, your total amount of compensation may be reduced based on your percentage of fault.
Let’s say that after all the evidence is gathered, it is determined that you were not keeping a safe distance while the other driver was driving recklessly. In this case, you may be assigned 10% blame. The other driver would then be assigned 90%.
In that case, you would get 90% of your original compensation. Still, we will work to prove that the other driver was at fault in this reckless driving accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hire a Peachtree Corners Reckless Driving Accident Attorney Today
The aftermath of any car accident can be confusing and distressing. You don’t need to add to it by taking on a personal injury case by yourself, especially if you are injured. Reach out to Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation.