If you are living with head or brain trauma that happened due to a car accident, you might have a viable claim for monetary compensation. Pursuing this claim against the person that caused your injuries could provide you with the compensation you need to make you whole again.
You do not have to pursue your injury claim on your own. An attorney from our firm could help you pursue your head and brain injury lawsuit following a Peachtree Corners car accident.
You Don’t Pay Us Unless You Win
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we work for a contingency fee, meaning:
- You don’t owe us anything upfront or out of pocket.
- We take our payment out of your final compensatory award.
- Should we not win compensation for you, we walk away, and you owe us nothing.
You don’t have to stress about whether or not you’re able to afford a lawyer when you hire us, so let us help relieve the financial burden that came with the car accident.
For a free legal consultation with a head and brain injury lawyer serving Peachtree Corners, call (404) 888-8888
We Can Take Legal Action on Your Behalf
Throughout the legal process, your job is to recover from your injuries, while ours is to fight for your compensation. Part of this endeavor includes:
- Gathering evidence, such as the accident report, photos of your injuries, and photos and video footage of the accident
- Collecting testimony from both eyewitnesses and experts
- Relaying communication between you and the other party, their legal team, and their insurance company
- Negotiating a fair settlement with the insurance company on your behalf
- Identifying the liable party or parties, as there could be more than one
- Taking your case to trial should neither side agree on a settlement amount
Remember that your lawyer is your advocate. Whenever you find out new information about your case, tell them. If you are unsure about the status of your case or just have questions about the legal process in general, ask them. They are working for you, so never hesitate to reach out to them.
Peachtree Corners Head and Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Compensation for Your Head and Brain Injuries after a Car Accident
The damages for head and brain injuries can be significant. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), brain injuries can interfere with your motor skills, emotions, and sensory perception. These injuries can also lead to paralysis and even death.
Some types of compensation for these injuries can include:
- Lost wages. For many people, a severe brain injury could forever alter their ability to maintain full-time employment. Even injury victims that eventually return to work could miss out on weeks or months of wages during their recovery.
- Diminished future earning capacity. Permanent health consequences from a head or brain injury could reduce a person’s capacity to earn a living in the future.
- Medical expenses. The cost of medical care involving a severe head or brain injury could be costly. This is not only true of the emergency care following an injury but also for the follow-up treatments prescribed months or years later. These medical expenses could stem from physical therapy, occupational therapy, ambulance rides, hospital visits, surgical procedures, and more.
- Pain and suffering. Head trauma can lead to severe pain, especially when nerve damage is involved. You could be entitled to compensation for the physical agony you suffer from your injuries.
Without experience with negotiating a legal claim, it might not be immediately clear to you what compensation you are entitled to recover. A head and brain injury lawyer serving Peachtree Corners at our firm could help you secure a financial recovery.
How State-Mandated Deadlines Impact Your Case
All legal actions must comply with the statute of limitations, which is the deadline that applies to a lawsuit. The amount of time you have to pursue your lawsuit is not unlimited, no matter how serious your injury might be. Should you fail to bring your legal lawsuit on time, the court might prevent you from pursuing that claim in the future.
The statute of limitations does not just vary from one jurisdiction to another. This legal deadline also varies between the different types of cases within the same state. In Georgia, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is governed by OCGA §9-3-33. Under this law, the statute of limitations for a brain injury suffered in a car accident is two years.
You Do Not Have a Lot of Time to Wait after Your Accident
The two-year window will begin the day your accident occurs. Given the short period of time you have to move forward with a complex legal case, it is in you might decide to seek out an attorney’s assistance right away.
Our team will pursue your head or brain injury lawsuit with the statute of limitations in mind. We have successfully pursued these types of cases in the past and are prepared to do so in the future.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hire an Attorney With Our Firm for Help With Pursuing Compensation
The team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers offers injury victims a free consultation with no strings attached. During your consultation, we will answer your questions and provide you with a better understanding of your potential injury claim.
You can speak with a member of our team about your head and brain injury case today. Call us at (404) 888-8888 to get started.