Truck accidents can be devastating, and it is often those in the smaller vehicle who bear the brunt of the crash. However, if you or a loved one were involved in a large truck or commercial vehicle collision, you do not have to fight for justice alone. A Garden City truck accident attorney with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you stand up to the trucking company and other liable parties.
Georgia Truck Accidents Caused More Than 200 Fatalities in 2019
Because a commercial truck weighs so much more than a passenger car, those in the smaller vehicle most often suffer severe and fatal injuries when the two collide. In fact, according to the National Safety Council (NSC), there were 204 deaths resulting from large truck accidents in Georgia in 2019. Of these, 161 were passenger vehicle occupants.
Common truck accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Severed limbs
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal damage and paralyzing injuries
- Scarring, disfigurement, and facial injuries
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Internal organ damage
Garden City houses much of Chatham County’s heavy industry. Businesses like SemMaterials, which transports and stores crude oil, natural gas, and other energy products, ensure the presence of commercial vehicles on the city’s roadways. Garden City also is home to several transportation and railway companies. Unfortunately, this may increase the risk of large truck accidents. If you suffered injuries in a commercial vehicle crash, we could help. We assist with accidents involving but not limited to:
- Construction vehicles
- Cargo vans
- Garbage trucks
- Delivery vehicles
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Garden City, call (404) 888-8888
Types of Compensation Injured Victims Can Pursue for Truck Accidents
If a truck driver’s or trucking company’s negligence caused your accident, you deserve financial help with the resulting losses. Our Garden City truck accident lawyers will pursue compensation on your behalf. Truck accident awards may include your:
- Healthcare expenses – If you sustained a serious injury, you could be looking at thousands of dollars or more in medical bills. We can help you pursue reimbursement for your current medical expenses and compensation for your expected future medical needs, including surgeries, hospitalizations, rehabilitation, follow-up procedures, and lifecare costs.
- Vehicle damages and transportation costs – We can get the money you need to repair your vehicle. We can seek compensation for a comparable replacement vehicle if the damage is a total loss. Additionally, we can pursue a rental car or other alternative transportation fees.
- Lost income – Lost income includes your back pay, benefits, bonuses, and retirement contributions. In addition, if you suffered a permanent or disabling injury, you may qualify for awards for the loss of your future earning ability.
- Varied expenses – Our attorneys will go over your accident-related out-of-pocket expenditures and determine if other awards are owed to you. This may include the cost of medical travel expenses, home modifications (such as the addition of ramps), or household services you cannot perform, like cooking, cleaning, laundry, and childcare.
Noneconomic damages is another term for compensation for pain and suffering. According to the precedent set in Food Lion, Inc. v. Williams, you can pursue noneconomic awards for actual physical pain and suffering, past and future mental anguish, and the ways your injuries limit your activities and interfere with everyday living and enjoyment of life.
Wrongful Death Compensation
If your family member died because of a truck accident injury, you might qualify to pursue a wrongful death case. According to Georgia law, a surviving spouse, child, or parent (in that order) can recover compensation if their family member died because of an act of negligence or wrongdoing.
Wrongful death damages may include:
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial costs
- The deceased’s lost wages, benefits, and services, including what they would have earned had they lived.
- Other necessary expenses resulting from the deceased’s injury and death
- Loss of your loved one’s advice, companionship, and guidance
Garden City Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Our Attorneys Will Handle Every Detail of Your Truck Accident Case
After a serious accident, we know that many victims do not have the time, energy, or physical ability to collect evidence, file paperwork, and haggle with insurance companies. Our goal is to help guide you and your family through a difficult time and make getting the compensation you deserve as stress-free as possible. Our attorneys will:
Identify the Cause of Your Accident
Truck accident cases can be complex because they may involve multiple causes and multiple liable parties. Causes of commercial truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Drug or alcohol use
- Driver distraction
- Driver negligence
- Driver inexperience
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
- Improperly attached tractor trailers
- Mishandled cargo
- Trucking company negligence
- Lack of vehicle safety features
- Violation of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
- Faulty brakes, tires, or other vehicle parts
- Dangerous or defective roadways, intersections, or traffic signals
We will investigate your accident and build a case proving another party’s actions caused your injuries and damages. We may collect photographs, video footage, police reports, medical records, and interview eyewitnesses. We may also work with crash reconstruction experts and other professionals who can testify about your accident, injuries, and financial losses.
File Your Claims or Lawsuits
We will make sure your insurance claim forms are correctly completed and submitted to the insurance company in a timely fashion. If we must go to civil court to achieve fair compensation, we will file your personal injury or wrongful death case before the two-year statute of limitations expires as established by O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
Represent Your Best Interests
We will represent your best interests and fight for a favorable case outcome during all of our communications with the insurance companies and other involved parties. We will aggressively negotiate on your behalf, and we will not let insurance adjusters, trucking companies, or opposing attorneys push you around.
Contact a Garden City Truck Accident Lawyer for Help with Your Claim Today
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has represented clients in Georgia since 2008. Our Garden City truck accident attorneys are here to assist with your case at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost to you. Call today for a free consultation to learn more about our services and how we can take your case on contingency.