If you have been involved in an accident that caused a head or brain injury in South Fulton, Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. If another party is deemed liable for the accident, either through malice, negligence, or general wrongdoing, they may be responsible for paying out damages related to your economic and non-economic losses.
Considering the potential implications of these traumatic and potentially life-altering injuries, the at-fault should be held accountable for their reckless behavior. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), traumatic brain injuries (TBI) contribute to 30 percent of all injury deaths in America. These injuries resulted in roughly 2.5 million emergency department visits in 2014, with 288,000 people requiring further hospitalization.
Physical tolls and mental suffering aside, TBIs can have severe financial impacts on a victim. The direct and indirect medical costs of TBIs led to an estimated $76.5 billion in 2014 according to the CDC, so even a short stay in the hospital may set a victim back for years. In Georgia alone, there were 27,840 TBIs recorded throughout 2016 according to the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH).
If someone else’s negligence has resulted in grievous injuries, a South Fulton head and brain injury lawyer can help represent your legal case against the at-fault party. The team of attorneys from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can offer a variety of services to our clients, including:
- Investigating the cause of your accident
- Attempting to prove liability
- Negotiating settlements
- Documenting pain and suffering
- Dealing with insurance companies
- Defending you against unjust accusations
- Assigning a monetary value to your case
To learn more, contact the Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team at (404) 888-8888 to receive a free consultation. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, so you pay no costs upfront. Instead, we only get paid if you win your financial settlement or court case.
Possible Damages for Head and Brain Injury Victims
Compared to less serious ailments, head and brain injuries have the potential to follow a victim for the rest of their life through untold pain, suffering, and disablement. As such, the compensation you may be entitled to in a head and brain injury case can cover a variety of hardships, including issues with transportation, mobility, and cognitive functioning that arise in the aftermath of your accident.
Generally, recoverable damages are broken into three categories: Economic, non-economic, and punitive damages. These damages may include:
- Economic losses: meant to help victims recover compensation they may be entitled to for property damage, medical costs, lost wages, an inability to work in the future, ongoing care, and more. There will typically be hard evidence of these losses, such as receipts or pay stubs, allowing an attorney to document and present them to a court jury before they make their ruling.
- Non-economic suffering: these encompass aspects like mental anguish, loss of consortium, a damaged outlook for the future, newfound mental illness brought on by the accident, and the overall pain and suffering a victim has had to endure. A lawyer can work to assign a monetary value to these non-tangible factors, so you may have an easier time moving past your potentially traumatic injuries.
- Punitive damages: the presiding judge awards these damages in cases where the at-fault party displayed outstanding negligence, recklessness, or malice. This form of compensation is meant to serve as a warning to the general public, hopefully preventing further reckless behavior.
The team from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can examine every aspect of your case. A South Fulton head and brain injury lawyer can help you build a thorough catalog of your pain and suffering, backed by hard evidence, so you can be awarded the appropriate level of compensation you may be entitled to after an accident.
To learn more, schedule a free consultation with the team from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888.
For a free legal consultation with a head and brain injury lawyer serving South Fulton, call (404) 888-8888
Identifying the Warning Signs of a Traumatic Brain Injury
The earlier victims can get treatment for their head or brain injury, the better his or her chance of recovery may be. Even if you have already been diagnosed with a TBI, knowing the general symptoms may help you keep the condition from getting worse.
According to the CDC, brain injuries may lead to various side effects, including:
- Vision impairments
- Hearing sensitivity
- Changes in personality, including newfound anxiety, depression, anger, or other emotional outbursts
- Difficulty paying attention
- Trouble remembering things
- Impaired coordination
- Muscle weakness
South Fulton Head and Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Head and Brain Injury Lawyers Fighting for Victims Throughout Georgia
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we have worked with many clients on different personal injury cases. If you are suffering from a head or brain injury after an accident you did not cause, our legal team can be there to help you through this difficult time. If you hire a South Fulton head and brain injury lawyer, they can work to take the burden off your shoulders so you can focus on your recovery and getting back to your normal life.
If you plan on moving forward with legal action against the at-fault parties in your accident case, know that Georgia has a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims, according to Georgia Code § 9-3-33. If you do not file a claim within this two years period, your case for recovering the compensation you may be entitled to could get dismissed.
To learn more about personal injury law, contact the team from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for a free consultation at (404) 888-8888.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form