Every year, tens of thousands of people die from injuries in vehicle accidents, construction sites, medical malpractice cases, and various other circumstances. There are countless ways where negligence can cause wrongful death in South Fulton, and our firm prides itself on being there for those who lose a loved one.
If your loved one passed away from injuries suffered in an accident, you may have grounds for a wrongful death claim. A South Fulton wrongful death lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will lead the claim from start to finish. We will leverage our resources and experience to get the justice you deserve for your tragic loss.
Why Wrongful Death Victims in South Fulton Turn to Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for Help
Facing a wrongful death is difficult for the strongest of people. The emotional distress, grief, sudden financial pressure, and other damages that come with a wrongful death can be overwhelming, and it’s only right that you rely on all the help available.
Many wrongful death victims in Fulton County turn to Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. As a full-service law firm, we will manage every step of your wrongful death claim while you work through your loss. You may choose your personal injury lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers because:
- Compassion is in our firm’s DNA: More than any other case type, wrongful death lawsuits require empathy towards the client. You will feel like family with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers leading your case. We will take your loss personally and prioritize your case as if it were our own.
- We have extensive experience with wrongful death cases in Fulton County: Our case results prove that we can get justice for victims of negligence in Georgia, including those affected by wrongful deaths in Fulton County. Our experience serves as a roadmap for your case. By hiring your lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, you can leverage our experience in your favor.
- Our law firm has a strong reputation among former clients: Our client testimonials describe a law firm that fights tirelessly against insurance companies, treats clients with dignity and respect, and holds responsible parties accountable for their negligence. When our case revolves around a wrongful death, we feel a great responsibility to get justice for our client.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will take your case to trial if necessary. We vow to do everything we can to get justice for you and your fallen loved one.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving South Fulton, call (404) 888-8888
How Wrongful Death Accidents Occur
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 224,935 people died in the United States due to preventable and unintentional accidents in 2021. A wrongful death can occur in many ways, and some hypothetical examples of wrongful deaths include:
- The owner or operator of a property does not remove or address hazards such as exposed electrical wires, open holes, walkway clutter, sidewalk damage, uneven surfaces, or slippery surfaces, and someone slips, falls, or is somehow fatally injured as a result
- A truck driver drives recklessly or while drowsy, intoxicated, or distracted and causes a fatal crash
- A maintenance team does not properly inspect a truck, and the truck breaks down while on the road, causing an accident
- A loading team does not properly secure cargo to the bed of a truck, and it comes loose while the truck is on the road
- Roads that are damaged, uneven, or slippery roads or have poor signage or malfunctioning traffic control devices make driving unsafe
- A construction worksite does not securely lock out electrical energy, provide protective gear for handling power tools, or secure ladders, scaffolding, or construction materials, and a worker dies in an accident
- A nursing home does not have enough properly trained staff to handle residents of the home, and a resident chokes, develops an infection, dehydrates, or slips and fatally falls as a result of neglect
- A doctor makes a fatal error while performing a medical procedure, fails to diagnose a serious illness, or incorrectly administers drugs to a patient, leading to the patient’s death
- A product manufacturer does not perform adequate product safety tests, and a product malfunction leads to an accidental death
These examples are all too common, and the negligence and oversights that cause them are also highly common. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration issues federally mandated security processes and standards that employers must follow, yet employers violate these guidelines regularly.
When someone fails to take reasonable care to protect others, they risk causing a wrongful death. This often happens when victims die in vehicle crashes, in workplaces, in nursing homes, by slipping and falling, and by the reckless neglect, actions, or inaction of others.
Surviving family members of the deceased may be able to file a wrongful death claim for damages, and the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help. A South Fulton wrongful death lawyer from our team will advise you and lead your case, allowing you to focus on your recovery from your loss.
South Fulton Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
South Fulton Wrongful Death FAQs
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Wrongful Death Liability
For any civil liability case, you must prove that one party owed the victim a duty of care and that their breach of the duty of care resulted in the victim’s injuries or death. Using this benchmark, parties liable for a wrongful death accident may include:
- The owner or operator of a property or business—for slip and fall and premises liability cases
- A vehicle driver or the owner or operator of a fleet of commercial trucks—for trucking accidents
- A nursing home, its staff, or its administrators—for nursing home wrongful death cases
- A doctor, nurse, care provider, or medical institution—for medical malpractice cases
- A construction company, machine operator, or the owner of a construction site—for construction-related accidents
- Primary, secondary, or lower-level product vendors, or a product designer, manufacturer, or tester—for product liability accidents
- A government office, local municipality, or road repair crew—for damaged road accidents
Other parties beyond those mentioned above can also be at fault for an accident. It all depends on whether or not you can establish a link between the negligent or reckless acts of the party in question and the accident and injuries suffered by a victim. It is our job to establish this link between negligent parties and the tragic passing of your loved one.
For example, someone who sells or serves alcohol to a driver may be responsible in a drunk driving accident. Similarly, a trucking company that does not properly screen or train drivers may shoulder some of the liability for any accidents that occur as a result.
How a South Fulton Wrongful Death Lawyer from Bader Scott Injuries Lawyers Can Help You
If one of your loved ones passed away in an accident, you will understandably have a lot to deal with. You may wonder how the accident occurred, who was responsible for it, and how the dangers or events that caused the fatality went unnoticed or unaddressed. You will also likely wonder what will happen to you and your family, especially if you lost a breadwinner, a caretaker, or someone who supported you.
The wrongful death lawyers at the Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will fight for your financial recovery in South Fulton. While you tend to your health and comfort your loved ones, we will:
- Identify the at-fault parties responsible or liable for your damages and losses
- Quantify the value of your claim and calculate long-term losses
- Gather evidence in support of your claim, such as photos, video footage, police reports, eyewitness accounts of the accident, maintenance logs, driver records, and more
- Help you meet all mandated deadlines for submitting evidence and filing a claim
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf, if you and the parties involved wish to settle
- Represent you in court if your case goes to trial
Every client we represent in South Fulton has lost someone utterly unique and has unique damages as a result. However, we see some common damages in wrongful death cases, including:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of the decedent’s income and other financial losses
- Funeral expenses
- Any other economic or non-economic damages associated with or caused by your loved one’s death
Justice cannot wait. Let a South Fulton wrongful death attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers fight for a just outcome today.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation About Your Wrongful Death Case in South Fulton
Please do not wait to contact our team. We are always available to answer your call, and your South Fulton wrongful death lawyer may have a limited time to file your case.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.