Although drunk driving is illegal in South Fulton, this doesn’t matter to some people. When these motorists choose to break the law, and their actions result in collisions, they should be held accountable for their negligence.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can seek both justice and compensation for you and your family. We advocate for those injured by drunk driving, and we will use our resources to fight for you. The road to financial recovery starts with your free case review. We encourage you to connect with our firm today.
What Can You Expect During Your Free Case Review?
Your first case review is simply a conversation between you and a team member. They will ask you some basic questions about your case, including:
- When did your accident happen?
- What types of injuries or losses did you suffer?
- Have you already filed your claim?
- Has an insurer contacted you?
- Did you file a police report?
We will also ask you to describe what happened before, during, and after your accident. Spare us no details. We want to know everything.
How Our Team Will Advocate for You
Based on the specifics of your case, a drunk driving accident lawyer in South Fulton can:
- Identify the at-fault party responsible for your accident
- Identify compensable damages and losses
- Determine a fair settlement amount
- Put together and file a personal injury claim
- Explain the laws that apply to your case
- Ensure that you meet all evidentiary requirements and filing deadlines
We will deliver customized legal services that meet your case’s needs. Not only will our team fight for fair compensation, but we will also provide you with updates on your case’s progression.
How Long do You Have to File a Drunk Driving Accident Lawsuit in South Fulton?
You have two years to file your car accident lawsuit, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. This might seem like an eternity when you’re recuperating from your injuries. However, it can pass quicker than you think. It’s imperative to file your lawsuit on time because otherwise:
- The courts will dismiss your case with prejudice, preventing you from filing it ever again.
- The other party could avoid paying for your losses.
- You would have limited options when seeking compensation.
Don’t let these things happen to you. Instead, reach out to our firm. We can determine how the statute of limitations affects your case.
Recoverable Damages Following a Drunk Driving Accident
You should not have to bear the mental, physical, or financial fallout of an accident caused by a drunk driver. You could seek the following losses:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Medical treatment
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Mental or emotional pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Impaired quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Property damage costs
- Other out-of-pocket losses, like childcare expenses
We Can Determine the Negligent Parties in Your Case
The negligent party in your case depends on how the accident occurred and who was involved. Through the evidence we uncover, one or more of the following parties could share fault for your accident:
- The impaired driver
- Someone who served or sold alcoholic beverages to the driver
- A parent of an underage driver
- A truck driving company that hired drivers who had alcohol-related citations or license suspensions in the past
- The driver’s employer, if they were operating a company-owned vehicle
- A government department if it did not properly maintain roadways
We will pursue compensation from the parties responsible for your accident. Whether in or out of court, we will defend your rights.
Our Law Firm Will Investigate Your Accident’s Circumstances
Before we file your claim or lawsuit, we will investigate the moments before, during, and after the collision. We may visit the accident scene, interview witnesses, and consult with experts regarding your situation. The goal of our investigation is to prove that you suffered losses due to negligence.
We can utilize the following:
- The police report
- Photos of the accident scene
- Your medical treatment records
- Traffic camera footage or recordings from nearby businesses
- Proof of your damages, including invoices, receipts, and billing statements
- Photos of your vehicle’s damage
- Your own written testimony
- Messages between yourself and the insurance company
If you have any of these items, give them to your lawyer in South Fulton. Doing so could push your case forward.
A Criminal Case Is Not the Same As a Civil Case
Drunk driving is illegal, per O.C.G.A. § 40-6-391. So, following your accident, the intoxicated party was likely charged with a crime. Yet, their criminal case is completely different from your civil case. If they’re found guilty, this process will not award you compensation. You must file your own lawsuit to seek damages through the court system.
We understand these matters can get confusing. However, with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers in your corner, you don’t have to worry about it. We will proceed with your case in an appropriate manner.
Seek Medical Attention Following Your Accident
Drunk driving accidents can result in life-threatening injuries, some of which can worsen without medical care. Visit a healthcare provider if you have not already done so. Keep all information from your doctor, as we can use these documents as evidence.
In our time serving injured people, we have learned drunk driving accidents can result in the following impairments:
- Brain, spinal cord, and head trauma
- Neck, back, and nerve damage
- Muscle and soft tissue damage
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Broken bones, fractures, sprains, and strains
Don’t forsake medical care because of concerns about cost. If your case succeeds, you could receive reimbursement for all of your medical treatments and related expenses.
Follow Through with Your Treatment Plan
After getting hurt, you must follow your doctor’s orders. This serves two purposes:
- It prevents your condition from getting worse.
- It prevents the other party from accusing you of exacerbating your impairments.
If you want to stop treatment, tell your doctor first. That way, they can alter your regimen. By discontinuing treatment without giving notice, you risk complicating your case.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to Learn About Your Options
Our drunk driving accident lawyers in South Fulton can secure financial recovery for your losses. Start your free case review by dialing (404) 888-8888.