Many drivers ignore traffic laws that deal with speeding. However, speed limit laws on certain roads are put in place for a reason, usually after a significant period of study.
Even a slight violation of speed limit laws can be dangerous to other drivers on the roadways. If another driver struck your car, your bicycle, or your motorcycle, causing injuries, and that driver was speeding, you may be able to use their negligence to recover compensation in settlement negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit.
A South Fulton speeding accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to handle these tasks on your behalf when we represent you.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888 for a free case review with a member of our team. We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee basis with no up-front payment required.
The Dangers of Speeding
There are multiple reasons why a speeding driver puts others at risk on the roadways, including:
- Force of impact: a car’s extra speed can increase the impact force to the motorcycle, bicycle, or motor vehicle that it hits. This can create more severe injuries, or even result in death.
- Longer distance to stop: a speeding driver needs a greater distance to come to a stop versus a driver obeying the speed limit.
- Losing control: a speeding driver may not be able to control the vehicle properly on a sharp curve in the road, increasing the likelihood of a dangerous crash.
For a free legal consultation with a speeding accidents lawyer serving South Fulton, call (404) 888-8888
Proving That Another Driver Was Speeding
A South Fulton speeding accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can work show that the other driver was operating his or her vehicle in a negligent manner when we represent you. This may require us to use evidence such as:
Traffic Ticket or Police Report
After an accident with injuries, police will investigate the situation that led to the crash. If officers believe the other driver was speeding before or at the time of the accident, they may issue a traffic ticket to the other driver. This ticket may be a key piece of evidence in your personal injury lawsuit.
Evidence From the Scene
Even if police officers do not issue a speeding ticket to the other driver, you and your attorney still may be able to show that the other driver’s excessive speed played a role in the crash.
Your attorney can look at traffic camera video, skid marks on the road, damage to the vehicles, and witness statements to try to show that the other driver was violating the speed limit.
Accident Reconstruction Experts
If necessary, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may also be able to hire accident reconstruction experts to review the evidence in your case and testify in your defense.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can work tirelessly to attempt to show you deserve compensation for your physical and mental injuries, as well as for how your life has changed after your car accident. Call us today at (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team.
South Fulton Speeding Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Injuries From Speeding Accidents
When a driver is speeding and hits other cars, a number of injuries can occur. If you were struck by a speeding driver, you could be facing a long-term recovery process, accompanied by significant medical bills and a loss of income if you are unable to work because of your injuries.
Some of the most common types of injuries you may suffer after a speeding driver strikes you include:
- Whiplash: car accident victims may experience this type of neck injury, caused by a jarring snap to the neck that can harm tendons and muscles in the neck. Whiplash can occur in any type of accident, but it is frequently associated with rear-end impacts.
- Head and brain injuries: the force a speeding car creates at the time of impact can significantly jar the body in the other vehicle, potentially causing injuries like concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Broken bones: a collision can crush the shell of a car and trap legs and arms in awkward positions, causing broken bones.
- Emotional trauma: the emotional distress of a major car accident can lead to nightmares, an inability to sleep, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other emotional traumas.
If your physical or emotional injuries leave you unable to work or create a reduction in your quality of life, compensation for these items may be part of your settlement.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers recommends accident victims see a doctor for a full evaluation of their injuries as soon as possible after a car accident. Doing so can create a link between your accident and your injuries in your medical record that may be used as evidence in your case.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Invites You to Call
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we take pride in defending the rights of people who are the victims of negligence on the part of other drivers. A South Fulton speeding accident lawyer from our firm may be able to help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers works on a contingency fee basis. This means our fee comes directly out of the settlement amount in the case, meaning we do not receive payment unless and until you do. We also do not require any payment upfront to secure our services.
Keep in mind that there is a time limit on your right to file a lawsuit in Georgia. O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 places a general two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits.
To get started with a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form