Our canine companions are often a source of joy, exercise, and security. However, a single unprovoked attack from an ill-trained or out-of-control dog can change a person’s life forever.
Owners are responsible for ensuring they control their dogs and prevent them from causing harm or injury to others. If you or a loved one suffered harm due to an aggressive dog in Gwinnett County, a Duluth dog bites attorney can pursue compensation for your losses. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is ready to listen to your story now.
Our Dog Bite Attorneys Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We provide our legal services on a contingency-fee basis. So, there is no financial risk when partnering with us. We don’t charge anything up front or out of pocket for our help. Our attorney’s fees will come from the settlement or court award we secure on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving Duluth, call (404) 888-8888
How Long Do I Have to File a Dog Bite Injury Lawsuit?
Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years to file your injury lawsuit. If you wait too long to file your case, the courts could dismiss it with prejudice–barring you from pursuing damages through the civil court system.
While some exceptions could give you more or less time to act, we encourage you to consider your legal options as soon as possible. When you call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we will listen to your story and assess how long you have to file your case.
Duluth Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Compensation Available in Duluth Dog Bite Injury Cases
After reviewing your injuries’ severity, financial losses, and overall situation, we will pursue:
- Medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
You can trust that with our team on your side, we will pursue everything you need for your economic and non-economic losses.
We Will Prove Your Right to Compensation for Your Injury-Related Expenses
To recover damages, we must prove:
- The dog was vicious or aggressive;
- The dog’s owner did not protect others from their pet’s behavior; and,
- You did not provoke the animal and warrant the attack.
We will prove each of these elements with supporting information, such as eyewitness testimony, photos of your injuries, and the dog’s veterinary records. You do not have to find these pieces of supporting evidence on your own. You can trust your dog bites lawyer in Duluth to do it for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What You Can Expect from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers
When you partner with our team, you can expect us to help you by:
- Checking if the dog has a prior history of aggression
- Investigating the circumstances of the attack
- Contacting witnesses and taking statements
- Gathering medical reports and other evidence
- Accessing any animal control reports
- Building a detailed case to prove the dog owner’s negligence
- Assessing the full financial impact of your injuries
- Negotiating an appropriate settlement with the other party’s insurers
- Representing you in civil court, if necessary
We understand that each injury case comes with its own circumstances. We will render services that meet your situation’s unique needs.
We Advocate for Dog Bite Claimants Who Have Suffered These Injuries
At first glance, a dog bite might appear as a small puncture wound. However, this could just be one aspect of your injury. Beneath the skin, you could have bone or nerve damage. You could also develop an infection–– or worse, rabies.
Previously, we’ve helped injured claimants recover compensation after suffering:
- Post-traumatic syndrome (PTSD)
- Nerve damage
- Cuts, lacerations, and puncture wounds
- Crushing or tearing injuries to underlying bone, muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Permanent scarring
- Disrupted sleep patterns
Considerations After Being Bitten by a Dog in Duluth, Georgia
Whether you were bitten by a domestic or feral dog, you should:
- Seek immediate medical attention to protect your health and avoid the risk of infection
- Complete your recommended course of medical treatment
- Take photographs of your injuries prior to them being treated, if possible
- Note the location and date of the attack, along with the breed of the dog and the circumstances leading up to the attack
- Gather any witness’s contact details
- Refrain from sharing any information about the bite online
- Refer all settlement offers to your lawyer
We also recommend that you consult an attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. At no cost or obligation, we can discuss your case’s possible outcome and what you can recover.
Does It Matter What Dog Bit Me in Gwinnett County?
At this time, Gwinnett County does not ban any specific dog breed. So, whether you were bitten by a Pitbull or a chihuahua, you can still seek damages. Yet, the county has these dog-related mandates in place:
- Dogs must be on a leash no more than six feet in length.
- Leashed dogs must be under the control of a sound person 18 years or older.
- Dogs with a history of aggression cannot be alone with minors.
- All dogs must be vaccinated for rabies and other transmissible diseases.
If a dog’s owner violates any mandates set in place by the county or state, they could be considered negligent. This would make them liable for your injury-related losses.
When You Need Us, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Is Here for You
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we care greatly about everyone we help. Our clients are at the core of everything we do. You can trust that with our team on your side, we will do everything possible to resolve your case.
Now, you can start your free case review with our dog bite injury team serving Duluth. We’re ready to answer each of your questions, including what damages you can recover and how long it could take to recover such damages.
You don’t have to struggle through the claims process alone. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is here to go the extra mile for you.