After a slip and fall accident, you should have the chance to recuperate in peace without worrying about fighting a lawsuit or how you can afford medical treatment. A Duluth slip and fall accident attorney from our firm would like to make sure you get that chance.
The compensation we pursue from the liable party—probably a property owner or manager—can help you pay for accident-related bills and financially support your family until you return to work. Of course, this will not take away the pain of your injuries, but it will ensure you have one less thing to worry about as you recover.
Filing a Slip and Fall Accident Lawsuit
After suffering a slip and fall accident, your priority should be to get medical attention. Even if you do not think your injury is that serious, you may have mental or internal damage that only a doctor can assess. Seeing a doctor as soon as possible can help you prevent or manage such injuries.
Once you have attended to your physical and emotional needs, you can think about filing a personal injury lawsuit against the liable party. In slip and fall accidents, this party may be a:
- Property owner
- Property manager (someone hired by the owner to tend the property)
- Business owner (if the property owner leased the property to a business)
- Building material manufacturer (if faulty materials played a role in the accident)
There may even be more than one liable party that you can sue for damages in some cases. No matter who the liable party is or how many there are, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers wants to hold them responsible for their negligence by:
- Collecting evidence against the liable party
- Collecting evidence to prove how serious your injuries are
- Calculating how much your injuries are “worth”—in other words, what the liable party should pay you in compensation
- Filing all necessary paperwork with the right parties within applicable deadlines
- Talking and meeting with the liable party and their representatives on your behalf
- Negotiating a pretrial settlement with the insurance company, if possible
- Arguing your case in the courtroom before a judge and jury, if a pretrial settlement is not attainable
In addition to dealing with the liable party on your behalf, our team will keep you in the loop. You can rely on us to:
- Contact you with prompt and timely updates
- Address your concerns and inquiries as soon as possible
- Explain your rights and obligations under the law
- Advise you on possible courses of action without infringing on your right to make the ultimate decision about how to handle your case
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Duluth, call (404) 888-8888
Obtaining Compensation After a Slip and Fall
It is the responsibility of the property owner (and anyone they hire to act on their behalf) to keep their property in safe enough condition that their employees, visitors, customers, and others can move without fear of injury. Failure to do so can make them liable for damages such as:
- Pain and suffering: These damages refer to the toll the accident has taken on your physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Disability: This includes any temporary or permanent injury that prevents you from functioning as you used to, which may qualify as a disability.
- Disfigurement and scarring: Very deep cuts or surgical scars may leave permanent marks on your body. If these marks substantially alter your appearance or restrict your range of motion, they could be compensable.
- Medical treatment costs: You could be reimbursed for anything ranging from hospital stays and physical therapy to prescription medication and psychiatric care.
- Loss of wages: Some injuries are so severe that they prevent you from fulfilling your regular job duties until they heal. If this is the case for you, you can ask the liable party to make up the difference in your wages.
- Loss of earning capacity: If your injuries are so serious that you will never be able to work as much as you used to, we can estimate the value of your future lost wages and include it in your lawsuit.
This is only a partial list of damages you could qualify for after a slip and fall accident. An attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can investigate your case and determine the precise worth of your Duluth accident before you go to the liable party.
Duluth Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How do Slips and Falls Happen?
While anyone can suffer a slip and fall accident, specific populations may be at greater risk than others. For instance:
- Hospital workers: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that hospital workers are at increased risk of slip and fall accidents because they spend much of their time in crowded, compact, and dynamic environments.
- Older adults: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that older adults are especially susceptible to falls since over a quarter of all adults over the age of 65 will fall each year.
- Construction workers: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that slip and fall accidents are the number one cause of construction worker deaths, accounting for nearly 38 percent of all construction workplace fatalities in 2019.
Slip and fall accidents can occur in any number of situations, including when:
- Spilled liquids or slick spots are not cleaned up immediately.
- Cords or wires are left lying across a walkway.
- Banisters or stairwells are left broken.
- Swimming pools do not have proper fencing or gating.
- A visible warning sign does not mark any hazard.
- Workers are not trained in mitigating and behaving around potential hazards or lack proper safety equipment.
If you believe your slip and fall accident could have been prevented, we want to hear about it. Our team can help victims of negligence recover fair compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Whoever caused your slip and fall accident should be held liable for their actions so that no one else must suffer as you did. Let an attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers guide you through the process of suing for compensation in Duluth, Georgia. We fight hard for our clients without charging any fees upfront.