Trucks can cause devastating damage during accidents. If you suffered harm in a collision involving a truck, you’re not alone; Bader Scott Injury Lawyers extends a warm, helping hand to truck accident claimants in Gwinnett County.
Our team has a deep understanding of the legal process and the hard work it takes to obtain fair compensation. We are eager to apply our experience to your case and fight for financial recovery. We offer free case reviews where you can explore partnering with a Duluth truck accident attorney.
You Generally Have Two Years to File Your Injury Lawsuit in GA
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers resolves many personal injury cases through out-of-court settlements. This involves gathering evidence, citing the liable insurance policy, and asserting negligence. However, if an insurance settlement isn’t feasible, our trial-ready lawyers will advocate for you in court.
Here’s what you need to know about litigation:
- You generally have two years to file your truck accident lawsuit, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
- Some exceptions could shorten this deadline–like if you were hurt by a government-owned vehicle.
- You must file your lawsuit within the applicable period or lose the right to seek damages.
Our team will manage your case and all of its deadlines during our partnership.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Duluth, call (404) 888-8888
What Should a Truck Accident Settlement Include?
Depending on your specific injuries, you could qualify for some or all of the damages listed below, as well as others not listed here:
Medical Bills and Expenses
Perhaps your greatest concern following a truck accident is how you will afford the treatments you need to recover, such as:
- Ambulance rides
- Diagnostic tests
- Hospital stays
- Assistive devices (e.g., a cane or crutches)
- Therapy for physical or psychological harm
- Accessibility modifications to your home or vehicle
- In-home nursing services
You can seek compensation for all medical expenses stemming from the accident. The liable party should pay for your treatment-related costs–not you.
Depending on how bad your injury was and what type of job you have, you may not be able to work following the accident. This could cost you and your family money in various ways. For instance, you could:
- Be forced to take time off, causing you to lose expected income
- Be unable to return to your previous position, requiring you to retire early or take a lesser-paying job
- Make you ineligible for promotions, bonuses, and other job-related benefits
Our firm can determine how much you have already lost by looking at your paystubs and employment records. We can also estimate how much you would have earned in the future if not for the accident.
“Non-economic damages” is the legal term for physical or emotional suffering caused by negligence. These losses can comprise:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- The inability to live independently or perform everyday tasks
- The inability to engage in hobbies or other activities
- Temporary and permanent disabilities
- Disfiguring marks or scars
- Loss of consortium
Such damages do not come with a convenient bill or dollar amount to dictate their monetary “worth.” Fortunately, there are ways for us to “convert” such physical and emotional injuries into a dollar amount that the liable party should pay. We have done this for other clients, and we will do it for you.
Duluth Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
What You Can Expect from Your Truck Accident Lawyer in Duluth
Your truck accident lawyer from our team will pursue compensation by:
- Reviewing your case for free
- Identifying the liable party (or parties)
- Collecting evidence to strengthen your case
- Deciding how much you can request from the liable party
- Hiring experts to examine and testify about particular aspects of your case
- Fielding calls from the insurance company and the liable party on your behalf
- Filling out and submitting all paperwork
- Negotiating for a fair settlement, if possible
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
- Assessing and changing your case’s strategy as required
- Answering all of your questions about your case and the legal process
- Accepting no attorney’s fees unless we get compensation for you
We deliver customized legal services to each client we represent.
There Are Many Benefits to Partnering with Our Truck Accident Team
Ultimately, it is our goal to make the legal process as smooth and stress-free as possible for our clients. By letting us assume your legal burden, you could enjoy:
- More time to recuperate with your friends and family
- Being able to focus on your recovery period
- More time to think about how you will rebuild your life after suffering harm
- The peace of mind knowing we are always here to answer any questions or concerns you have
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Listen to What Previous Clients Share About Our Firm
After partnering with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, some of our previous clients have shared:
- Eileen C. I was referred to Bader/Scott by my son. When I called your office I was connected to Ms. Karen Padilla who was very thorough and professional in her questions. She also made me feel at ease. I am very pleased with her performance.
- Betty F. I was so afraid to start the process and when I called and asked all the questions I was given answers that made me feel comfortable. I never had a problem like this before so going to this firm was the best decision I made. Thank you for helping me when I need it the most.
We Manage Truck Accident Cases in Gwinnett County
If you were injured anywhere in the Atlanta area, including in or near Duluth, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers wants to help. A truck accident attorney from our firm can defend your rights without charging a single penny up front or out of pocket. Call today for a free case evaluation.