If you suffered injuries or lost a family member in an accident caused by a drunk driver, you may be entitled to financial compensation known as damages. Seeking damages from the driver who hit you can be challenging when you are recovering from the accident.
A Gainesville drunk driving accident attorney with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you with the legal and insurance process.
Drunk Driving Is a Type of Negligence
Negligent driving includes any driving that puts others at risk of harm. Driving under the influence of alcohol places other drivers, passengers, and pedestrians at risk. When a driver’s negligence causes an accident, the driver is financially responsible for accident-related expenses incurred by anyone injured or killed by him.
While money cannot truly compensate you for your losses, it will allow you to hold the drunk driver accountable for his actions. A lawyer from our firm can pursue compensation on your behalf while you recover or grieve the loss of a beloved family member.
A July 2021 story from The Coastal Courier reported that a mother was awarded $66.5 million after her 18-year-old-son was killed by a drunk driver in Liberty County.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Gainesville, call (404) 888-8888
Recovering Damages After a Drunk Driving Accident in Hall County, Georgia
Our attorney will investigate your drunk driving accident in Gainesville, document your losses, and estimate the value of your damages. You may be able to recover both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages in a Drunk Driving Case
Economic damages compensate you for direct losses like:
- Medical bills for emergency treatment, diagnostic imaging, surgeries, follow-up care, rehabilitative therapy, and more
- Future medical expenses if your doctors anticipate you will need additional surgeries, therapies, other treatments, or ongoing care
- Property damage for the repair or replacement of your car
- Lost wages for your unpaid time out of work
Non-Economic Damages in a Drunk Driving Case
Non-economic damages compensate you for indirect losses, such as pain and suffering caused by the accident. You may be able to recover damages if your injuries:
- Interfere with your normal living
- Interfere with your enjoyment of life
- Limit or eliminate your capacity to work and earn money
- Impair your bodily health and vigor
- Limit your activities
- Cause you pain and suffering
- Cause you mental anguish
Wrongful Death Damages in a Drunk Driving Case
O.C.G.A. § 51-4-2 establishes that the surviving spouse and children can recover damages for a wrongful death. If you lost a family member in a drunk driving accident, you may be able to recover:
- Funeral and burial expenses such as embalming, cremation, casket, memorial service, flowers, transportation, and more
- Loss of income for future financial support that the decedent would have provided
- Pain and suffering experienced by your family member if he or she did not pass away immediately
- Loss of relationship with a parent if the decedent left surviving children
Gainesville Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Working with Our Firm for Your Gainesville Case
Our lawyer can guide you through the complex process of seeking damages from the drunk driver and his insurance company. Here are some ways Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help:
- Investigate the accident: We will collect evidence such as toxicology reports, police reports, eyewitness statements, pictures of the scene, and more to show that the driver who hit you was drunk and caused the accident
- Estimate the value of your damages: We will use evidence such as your medical bills and records, pictures of your injuries, past wage statements, and more to show how much your damages are worth.
- Communicate with the drunk driver’s insurance company: We will handle all written and verbal communication with the drunk driver’s insurance company. We will file an insurance claim for you and submit supporting documents.
- Negotiate a settlement: We will negotiate an insurance settlement that provides fair compensation for your losses.
- File a lawsuit: While it is usually quicker and easier to settle a drunk driving case out of court, the insurance provider does not always offer a fair settlement. When that happens, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Case Results for Our Team
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is committed to fighting for the rights of people who were injured or killed because of negligence by an outside party. We work hard to get the best possible outcome, either through a settlement or litigation. Here are some of our case results:
- $425,000 for a motor vehicle accident in which our client suffered injuries to his neck and back after an uninsured driver struck him
- $250,000 for a motor vehicle accident in which another client suffered neck and back injuries
Click to contact our Gainesville Car Accident Lawyers today
File Your Drunk Driving Accident Lawsuit Before the Legal Deadline
O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 sets the statute of limitations for both personal injury and wrongful death at two years. In general, this law means that you have two years from the date of the accident or two years from the date your loved one passed away to sue the drunk driver who hit you.
Our lawyers will evaluate your case to see if any exceptions to this deadline apply to your case. Once the statute of limitations has expired, you forfeit your right to sue, even if your case is valid. Act quickly to avoid this.
Our Team Will Fight for Your Rights in a Drunk Driving Case
You may be entitled to damages for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering if you are hurt or lost a family member in a drunk driving accident in Gainesville. Our lawyer could help you recover damages.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888 for a free case consultation. Our team works on contingency, so you pay nothing unless we win your case.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form