If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in Mableton, Georgia, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries.
If your car accident involved a drunk driver, a Mableton drunk driving accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you construct your case against them and help you fight for the compensation you need to begin your recovery. Our law firm helps victims like you navigate the legal system so that you can seek the justice you deserve.
You Could Still Get Compensation Even if the Other Driver Was Not Convicted of DUI
Driving under the influence (DUI) is a criminal offense in Georgia that can have severe penalties, as listed by the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety. If a driver is pulled over for drunk driving, they may be arrested and charged with DUI, then proceed with a criminal case.
However, if a drunk driver gets into an accident and harms people or causes severe property damage in this accident, victims can file a civil action lawsuit against them to recover damages. This is separate from the driver’s criminal case. Some key differences to note here are:
- You may be able to receive compensation through your lawsuit even if the driver was not convicted of DUI in their criminal case.
- The burden of proof for civil action lawsuits is less strict than it is in criminal cases.
- The prosecutor in a criminal case does not work for you, but a personal injury lawyer from our team can.
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we help victims of drunk driving accidents fight for the justice they deserve. We can manage your personal injury lawsuit for you and help you pursue compensation from the drunk driver who caused your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Mableton, call (404) 888-8888
We Can Help You Pursue Compensation from a Drunk Driver
Victims of drunk driving accidents may endure severe bodily injury and property damage. In worst-case scenarios, they can even lose their lives. However, beyond the injuries seen at the accident scene, victims like you can endure other damages due to having to treat and live with your injuries.
Our law firm may be able to help you recover compensation for a variety of damages, such as:
- Costs for medical treatment
- Costs for property repair or replacement
- Income loss, including expected income loss based on the severity of your injuries
- Pain and suffering, which includes both physical and emotional pain
- Losses related to living with a permanent disability, including vision or hearing loss and physical disfigurement
- Psychological trauma from the accident
- Reduced earning potential depending on the long-term effects of your injuries
This is only a sample of what kind of compensatory damages you may qualify to claim. Our team can evaluate your case and help you calculate how much compensation you should pursue in your case.
Damages You May Recover if You Lost Someone in a Drunk Driving Accident
Unfortunately, drunk driving leads to thousands of deaths per year in Georgia. If you lost someone you love in this type of accident, you or another qualifying family member may be able to pursue additional damages related to your loved one’s wrongful death.
These damages may include:
- Costs for funeral services
- Costs for burial or cremation services
- Loss of consortium for the decedent’s surviving spouse
- Loss of parental guidance for the decedent’s surviving child(ren)
- Loss of financial support for the decedent’s surviving dependents
- Other emotional damages, such as loss of companionship, emotional support, and affection
Our team understands that trying to manage a civil action lawsuit while coping with your loved one’s loss can be overwhelming. You do not have to put yourself through the legal hassle of juggling a case with grief. Our team can manage your case for you so that you can process your emotions in peace.
Mableton Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Our Legal Team Can Help You Build Your Case Against the DUI Driver
What are the benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer for a drunk driving case? Several, depending on the individual.
With Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we like to let prospective clients like you know that:
- We do not charge attorney’s fees unless we win your case, and we collect our fee out of your compensation award, not your pocket.
- We can handle all communications and legal dealings on your behalf so that you don’t have to (we will update you with information as it comes).
- We have resources to investigate your accident and collect evidence for you if your case needs more support.
- Our law firm has a track record of earning up to millions of dollars in personal injury cases for our clients.
- We offer to review your case for free before working with you as a client.
Our law firm remains dedicated to each client we work with. Should you decide to have a Mableton drunk driving accident lawyer from our firm represent you, we will be here to answer any questions you have and provide guidance on legal decisions you have to make. Our goal is to fight for the compensation you may be entitled to receive to achieve financial recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have to File Your Personal Injury Lawsuit By a Certain Deadline
With personal injury cases, these lawsuits must be submitted to the courts within a certain timeframe, which varies by state, among other legal factors.
In general, Georgia’s statute of limitations (found in OCGA §9-3-33) dictates that you generally have two years from the date you were injured to file your lawsuit. With most car accident cases, this is often two years from the date of the accident.
You Do Not Want to Miss Your Case’s Deadline
Some key things to know about this filing deadline is:
- If you miss the statutory deadline, your case might get dismissed by a judge.
- The defendant is within legal parameters to request your case get dismissed if they find out you filed outside the statutory window.
- If your case gets dismissed, you will not be able to compel the drunk driver or another liable party to compensate you for your damages, meaning you will have to cover those expenses out of pocket.
Our team can keep track of your case’s deadline and help you file it on time to prevent these outcomes.
Call Now to Hire a Mableton Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer from Our Team
If you are still trying to recover from a drunk driving accident and are in need of financial help, you may be able to recover your damages in a personal injury lawsuit. A lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you build your case and help you fight for the compensation you need. Call (404) 888-8888 for a free case evaluation to start working with us today.