Ridesharing is a great concept that helps many reliably travel from one point to another. Unfortunately, rideshare vehicles can still be involved in traffic accidents. After an accident involving a rideshare vehicle, a Norcross Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney might help.
In addition to the driver’s auto insurance, you might be eligible to pursue compensation from policies held by Uber and Lyft. The details of these policies are complex, and not all rideshare accidents qualify under the parameters set by the policies.
Whether you are a driver, passenger, or in a vehicle hit by an Uber or Lyft driver, you should get compensation for your injuries. Our Norcross car accident team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can handle your case while you rest and recover.
Understanding How Rideshare Accidents Are Different
Rideshare passengers and drivers use an online app to “match” with one another. Drivers volunteer their time and vehicle to transport passengers around town for a percentage of the fare. Almost anyone can qualify as a driver if they have a clear background check, a car that meets specific standards, and insurance.
There are no specific ridesharing regulations, and the rules can vary significantly from state to state. One of the most significant challenges after an accident involving a rideshare vehicle is who pays the damages. Drivers must maintain vehicle insurance, but Uber and Lyft carry separate insurance policies. A Norcross Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney can help you understand which insurance company to file your claim against.
When the App Is Off
When an Uber or Lyft driver’s rideshare app is off, their personal insurance coverage would apply in an accident. This can easily get contentious, as an insurer may argue about whether the driver was actually working or not at the time of the accident.
When the Driver Is Waiting for a Ride Request
- $50,000 for bodily injury per person
- $100,000 for bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
When the Driver Is En Route to Pick up a Passenger or Is Driving a Passenger
When a rideshare driver has a fare or is on the way to one, both Uber and Lyft offer the following coverage:
- $1,000,000 third-party liability
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury and/or first-party injury insurance²
- Contingent comprehensive and collision, up to the actual cash value of the car with a $2,500 deductible
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Norcross, call (404) 888-8888
Compensation Available After an Uber or Lyft Rideshare Accident
After any vehicle accident, the injured parties deserve compensation. Damages typically fall into two areas; economic and non-economic compensation. Economic compensation includes direct monetary reimbursement for expenses directly related to the accident, including:
- Ambulance or medical transportation
- Emergency room treatment
- Doctors and specialists consulting on your injuries
- Medical devices, including crutches, wheelchairs, and splints
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Lost wages, including potential future wages lost
- Property damage
- Miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses directly related to the accident
Non-economic compensation can include pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other areas without a direct monetary loss. This area of compensation offers a monetary value for the impact of injuries on your life.
Because of the complexities of filing insurance claims following Uber and Lyft accidents, consulting with a Norcross Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney who will fight for the compensation you deserve can be beneficial.
Norcross Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How a Norcross Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
Injuries from a car accident fall under the broad scope of personal injury law. Having a Norcross personal injury lawyer assist after a rideshare accident lets you concentrate on healing. Our rideshare accident team will handle all the details to keep your accident claim moving while you recuperate. Some of the many things our team will do include the following:
- Complete an independent investigation of the accident to determine fault
- Compile and organize your medical bills, wage statements, and all financial information to include in your claim
- Obtain witness statements, police reports, photos, and any available video
- Hire an accident reconstruction specialist if necessary
- Consult with medical specialists to fully understand the extent of your injuries
- Draft and send a demand letter to insurance companies to secure payment
- Compile and file a lawsuit in civil court, if necessary
- Represent you in all communications with insurance companies
- Represent you in civil court, if necessary
Many car accident cases are settled long before the need to enter the civil court. However, if the insurance companies are not cooperative, our team will pursue your case and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have a Limited Time to Take Action
Under Georgia’s statute of limitations, O.C.G.A § 9-3-33, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. While this may seem ample time, it can pass rapidly while you recuperate from injuries.
A Norcross car accident lawyer can compile your claim and file the necessary documentation during your recovery to ensure that your claim meets all filing deadlines.
The Affordability of A Norcross Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
The Uber and Lyft accident team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers offers a free case evaluation. We will listen to your account of the accident and honestly assess your potential claim. Our team works on a contingency-fee basis, which means no upfront costs for you.
If you are ready to find out if our Norcross Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney is a good fit, contact our team for a free analysis.