Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are experienced Norcross car accident lawyers. They have successfully handled numerous cases involving these rideshare companies. If you find yourself a victim of an Uber or Lyft accident, you should contact us immediately. The sooner we begin to build your case, the faster you can get your settlement.
What is ridesharing?
Ridesharing companies work off straightforward business models. Drivers are independent contractors that work for companies like Lyft and Uber. The drivers get assigned rides through an app, and they get a percentage of the fare. Drivers will use their vehicles to transport riders to their destinations. So, with a smartphone, you can order a ride and get efficiently delivered to your location. Payments are made solely through the app, and the process is straightforward.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft accidents lawyer serving Norcross, call (404) 888-8888
What are issues with ridesharing companies?
Many people use Uber and Lyft to travel, but they don’t understand the problems that can occur. Some issues are:
- Lack of screening: These apps will perform background checks on drivers, but they don’t determine whether drivers are adequately trained. Anybody can become a driver for these companies as long as they have a transparent background check, and the car passes safety checks. Drivers do not have to pass any specific skill test.
- These aren’t taxis: Since ridesharing is somewhat new, there aren’t set regulations state-by-state. There is a need to improve this, but it is going to take a bit of time for the legal system to catch up.
- Confusing insurance policies: In Georgia, Uber has a $1.5 million comprehensive insurance policy. This policy is meant to cover any damages that happen because of an accident. However, drivers for Uber and Lyft must also maintain their insurance policy to operate on the road. So, when these vehicles are in an accident, it can be confusing which insurance company to contact.
Insurance companies are notoriously tricky when filing claims. Even if you have been with a company for decades, they might not compensate you fairly for your injuries. An insurance company is going to settle for the smallest amount possible. The insurance company for Uber might try to send you through the insurance company for the person that was driving you. As you can see, this process can become complicated pretty quickly. Hiring an experienced Uber and Lyft attorney can save you from this stress.
- The driver has no insurance: There are cases where Uber and Lyft will refuse to take responsibility for the accident. If the driver is determined to be off duty, you will need to go through the driver’s insurance policy. However, if the driver is active in their app, they are technically on duty for the rideshare company. You will need to prove that the driver was working to receive compensation through Uber or Lyft.
Norcross Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Hiring Legal Counsel in Norcross, Ga.
Handling your insurance claim with a rideshare company is complex. This is a hassle that you don’t need to deal with while you are healing and paying your medical bills.
Thankfully, you can hire an experienced rideshare lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. We have successfully handled many of these Uber and Lyft cases, getting our clients their much-needed compensation.
Injuries sustained in any car accident can significantly impact your life. You could be facing a significant amount of recovery time. A settlement will take some of the pressure of off your medical expenses, allowing you to focus on getting better. We will investigate your case and build a strong claim to get you money for your damages. You could be eligible to receive a settlement for:
- Medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What are the common types of Uber and Lyft accidents?
Whether you are riding in an Uber or you are in an accident with a Lyft, we have covered all types of rideshare accidents. Some of the leading causes of Uber and Lyft accidents are:
- Passenger injury because of the negligence of your Lyft or Uber driver
- Third-party damage because of the liability of the Lyft or Uber driver
- Passenger injury because of the responsibility of another Uber or Lyft driver.
- Uber or Lyft injury because of their negligence.
- Uber or Lyft injury because of the negligence of someone else
Uber and Lyft accidents can seem tedious, and we’re here to help. If you or someone you know has been injured in a rideshare accident, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today. We provide free consultations to discuss the details of your case.