Drivers follow the traffic signs and signals on the roadways, in part because they do not want to receive a traffic ticket, and in part because obeying these signs keeps everyone on the road safer and protected.
So, when another driver ignores these signs while speeding or driving recklessly, he or she can cause an accident. This type of collision can lead to severe injuries for the drivers and passengers in both cars. If you are the victim in this type of crash and did nothing to cause it, you should not have to cover your medical bills yourself.
With a Norcross failure to obey traffic signals accident lawyer on your side, you can attempt to prove that you deserve compensation for your pain, suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, our team knows how devastating these injuries can be, and we are ready to defend your rights. Call us at (678) 201-0953 today for a free case review.
Types of Traffic Signals
As a driver, you must be able to interpret dozens of traffic signals and signs every time you climb behind the wheel. Miss one signal and you could create a dangerous situation for yourself and for others on the roadway. According to the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS), the following are a few types of signals drivers must obey while on roads:
- Railroad signals: This flashing light and traffic arm alerts drivers that a train is on the tracks and is approaching the intersection.
- Traffic lights: The most common type of signal, this uses a series of changing lights that tell drivers when it is safe to travel forward, make turns, slow down, or stop at an intersection.
- Flashing signals: These may alert drivers to special circumstances on the roadway, such as a temporary lower speed limit because of school traffic or an emergency situation.
- Pedestrian signals: These give pedestrians at a crosswalk the right to cross the street, indicating that motor vehicle traffic should stop.
- Lane travel signals: These are signals that control the flow of traffic at different times of the day, providing more lanes traveling in one way during the morning commute and changing to provide more lanes traveling the opposite way during the evening commute.
- Construction zone signals: These alert drivers that they are entering a road construction zone, which requires slower speeds and extra caution.
- Warning signals: Digital signs can deliver warnings to drivers on the road about upcoming weather issues, poor road conditions, or accidents.
Penalties for Traffic Signal Violations
If a driver in Georgia receives a traffic ticket for failing to follow a traffic signal, he or she could earn driver’s license points as well. If the driver allocates enough points, he or she could have the license and driving privileges revoked.
Should a driver who ignored a traffic signal hit your car and cause injuries, your Norcross failure to obey traffic signals accident lawyer can help you recover damages. An attorney may study the driving history of the other driver, looking for other instances where he or she violated traffic laws regarding signals.
If we find those violations, the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can use them to show a pattern of negligence on the other driver’s part. Contact us for a free consultation at (678) 201-0953 as soon as possible.
For a free legal consultation with a failure to obey traffic signals accidents lawyer serving Norcross, call (404) 888-8888
Dangers of Traffic Signal Accidents
When a driver ignores a traffic signal, such as a red light, it can end up causing an accident in the intersection. These could result in side-impact and T-bone accidents, which are especially devastating if the driver was traveling at the speed limit. A side-impact accident could also result in a rollover crash, leading to potential head injuries or an ejection from the vehicle.
Left Turn Accidents
Another type of intersection accident that may occur when one driver ignores a traffic signal is a left-turn accident. When completing a left turn at an intersection with a traffic light, the driver needs to wait for the correct signal. If the driver attempts to turn left before oncoming vehicles have a stoplight, he or she could crash into the driver who has the right of way.
Drivers approaching a crosswalk in an intersection need to watch for pedestrians in the crosswalk. If the driver approaching an intersection ignores a pedestrian signal, he or she could strike a pedestrian or a cyclist. In Gwinnett County in 2017, 20 pedestrians were killed after being struck by a motor vehicle, according to the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety in Georgia.
Norcross Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
We Take Pride in Defending the Rights of Accident Victims
Having to deal with the aftermath of a car accident is a difficult situation. You may be trying to recover from your injuries, attend doctor’s appointments, and handle vehicle repairs, all while dealing with the loss of income if you cannot work at the same level you did prior to the accident.
If someone else’s negligent behavior caused your injuries, a Norcross failure to obey traffic signals accident lawyer can take some of the responsibility off your plate. We will work on your behalf to prove that you deserve the fairest possible compensation.
You and your attorney will need to show that the other driver acted in a negligent manner and is liable for your injuries in order to receive damages. At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we know how to apply the facts in the case to help you secure a fair settlement. Call us at (678) 201-0953 to set up a complimentary case evaluation.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form