Research from the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety shows that speeding accidents were responsible for 21% of all traffic fatalities in Carroll County in 2017. That very same year, over 600,000 citations were issued for speeding around the state of Georgia.
Yet, despite the best efforts of lawmakers and police officers, speeding accidents continue to wreak havoc in our communities.
Fortunately, you do not have to accept your fate and let these drivers get away with this reckless behavior. A Carrollton speeding accident lawyer can help you stand up for your rights and seek justice after a negligent accident. If the other driver is found liable for your injuries, they may be required to compensate you for your pain and suffering.
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we believe in keeping our roadways safe, and that starts with holding people responsible for their dangerous actions. With our attorneys in your corner, you can rest easy knowing we are doing everything in our power to fight for your case.
At the end of the day, we are here to serve your legal needs so you can close this difficult chapter of your life and move on to a brighter future.
For more information on our legal services at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, contact a representative today at (404) 888-8888 to get started with your free consultation.
Recoverable Damages After a Speeding Accident
Speeding accidents often result in significant property damage, injuries, and medical expenses. Thankfully, you may be able to recover these losses when you take legal action against the negligent driver. You can also address the psychological suffering, physical pain, and long-term hardships you are forced to endure.
Recoverable damages take many forms, including:
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- The short-term and lifelong cost of medical treatments
- Expenses related to property damage
- General pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, including impacts on your personal life, familial relationships, mental health, quality of life, and more
- Accommodations for long-term disabilities, covering rehabilitation services, ongoing care, medical devices, and specialized transportation methods
Common Injuries from Speeding Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a speeding accidents lawyer serving Carrollton, call (404) 888-8888
Speeding accidents can cause irreversible injuries to your body and mind. These injuries commonly affect the upper body due to the violent nature of the collisions. Additionally, flying debris, passing motorists, chemical fires, and environmental hazards may lead to further injuries after the initial impact – especially if you are thrown from your vehicle.
Common injuries from speeding accidents include:
- Broken bones, commonly affecting the arms, legs, ribs, or clavicles
- Nerve damage
- Herniated disks
- Internal bleeding
- Concussions, brain hemorrhages, traumatic brain injuries, skull fractures, and other serious head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, which may cause different forms of paralysis like paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Wrongful death
Determining Who Was Liable for Your Speeding Accident
Carrollton Speeding Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Proving liability may be difficult, especially if the other party is actively trying to cast doubt on your version of events. Unfortunately, your personal testimony may only get you so far in a court of law. Even if you are filing an insurance claim to try to recover your losses, the claims adjuster will need evidence to support your story.
If you retain a Carrollton speeding accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, our attorneys can help reveal the truth behind your accident. Through a combination of physical evidence, eyewitness testimony, and expert opinions, we will work to pinpoint liability and plead your case.
Depending on your unique circumstances, our attorneys can use several methods to help prove liability. These methods include:
- Examining police reports
- Calling upon accident reconstruction specialists, medical professionals, industry insiders, and other expert witnesses
- Looking over medical documents and comparing them to the offender’s version of events
- Analyzing evidence from the time of the accident, including debris, vehicles, photos, or video surveillance
- Reviewing cell phone records and other electronic signatures
- Utilizing eyewitness testimony
For more information about proving liability in speeding accidents, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team member today at (404) 888-8888 to receive your free consultation.
Speeding Accident Lawyers Serving Victims in Carrollton
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Above all else, our attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers want to help you regain the life you once had before your accident. While no case is guaranteed to award compensation, we will make it our goal to reveal the true cause of your accident, your injuries, and your suffering. Along the way, we want the facts to speak for themselves.
Our legal services are designed to help us represent your case while also making your proceedings as painless as possible. These services include:
- Calculating your losses and assigning values to your case
- Assisting with settlement negotiations
- Bringing your case to trial and fighting for your rights in civil court
- Communicating with the other parties involved with your proceedings
- Investigating your accident and identifying the liable party
- Working with insurance providers on your behalf and examining coverage policies
Click to contact our Carrollton Car Accident Lawyers today
Lastly, every victim should know that O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 requires you to take legal action within two years of your injuries. If you do not file a personal injury claim within this timeframe, the court may automatically dismiss your case.
Our team would love to address your concerns and help you understand your legal options moving forward. To get started with your free consultation, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form