If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a hit-and-run accident in Stonecrest, you could pursue compensation from another party––even if you do not know the identity of the at-fault driver. Regardless of why the other driver fled the accident scene, a Stonecrest hit-and-run accident lawyer can help you recover compensation for your injury-related losses.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers understands the complexities involved in these types of cases, and we want to help you with the claims process. We can review traffic camera footage, witness statements, and the police report to find the at-fault driver.
From there, we can negotiate a settlement. If this is not possible, then we can file a lawsuit within Georgia’s statute of limitations, which is outlined under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
We Can Locate the At-Fault Driver
Your lawyer will need to present proof to the liable insurance company showing that the accident involved a hit-and-run driver. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can gather evidence to show that you were injured due to another party’s negligent actions.
Some pieces of information that could help your case include:
- The police report. This document should outline various details of the crash, including whether or not the other driver fled the scene. It could also contain information about the other car, including its make, model, color, and year.
- Traffic camera footage. Your lawyer may be able to view traffic camera footage and zoom in on the hit-and-run driver’s license plate. They could use this information to locate the liable party.
- Statements from accident reconstruction specialists. By using a combination of computer simulation technology, physics, and engineering, an accident reconstruction specialist could provide valuable insight into the details of your collision. They may also be able to give your lawyer information about the car that hit you.
- Physical evidence at the accident scene. During the collision, the hit-and-run driver’s front bumper or side mirrors may have fallen off. Additionally, tire tracks at the scene could provide more information about the car that struck you. Your lawyer can visit the scene of the accident and see if any physical evidence could help find the negligent motorist.
Hopefully, this information will allow us to locate the driver that hurt you. If not, your Stonecrest hit-and-run accident lawyer can explain your options.
For a free legal consultation with a hit-and-run accidents lawyer serving Stonecrest, call (404) 888-8888
You Might Have Insurance Coverage for This Situation
The other driver in your accident could have been uninsured, which could explain why they fled the accident scene. However, in the state of Georgia, auto insurance companies must offer their clients the option of purchasing uninsured motorist coverage.
In fact, this type of coverage is automatically included in many auto insurance policies, as clients who want to reject this coverage must do so in writing.
You may have this type of coverage without even knowing it. If Bader Scott Injury Lawyers cannot recover compensation from the motorist who hurt you, then we could help pay for your damages through your own auto insurance policy.
Stonecrest Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Possible Compensation in a Hit-and-Run Accident Case
Depending on your circumstances, you could recover compensation for your:
- Medical bills
- Property damage costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Impaired quality of life
- Reduced future earning capacity
You may expect the insurance company to give you the best possible settlement. However, they may offer less than what you deserve by questioning the severity of your injuries.
A Stonecrest hit-and-run accident lawyer knows that this situation can be frustrating––especially if your injuries are undeniably severe. Our team can calculate the cost of your accident-related damages and fight for a settlement that covers your losses.
For a free consultation, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888. As soon as you hire us, we will begin working on your case.
We Can Defend You Against Bad Faith Insurance Practices
Even when the identity of the at-fault driver is clear, filing an insurance claim can be complicated. This is because some insurers employ “bad faith” insurance practices.
The claims adjuster may purposefully derail your claim by:
- Refusing to answer your phone calls. If you drop the claim, then the insurance company will not have to pay for your damages. By making themselves unavailable to answer your questions, you may be tempted to pay for your losses out of pocket. However, your lawyer can communicate with the insurer, so you do not have to worry about it.
- Requiring more documentation. The insurance adjuster may say that you do not have enough evidence to support your claim––even if you do. Your lawyer can determine what evidence could help you recover compensation and present these items to the insurer on your behalf.
- Pressuring you to accept a settlement. You do not have to accept an unfair settlement. Yet, the insurer may tell you otherwise. They may say that their offer only exists for a limited time, and after that period, you cannot recover anything. Your lawyer can present the cost of your damages and negotiate with the insurer.
There are other ways in which Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can protect you against unscrupulous insurance companies.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Begin a Case Review at No Cost
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you navigate the difficult process of recovering compensation for your losses. We encourage you to call us today for a free review of your case.
We work on a contingency-fee basis. You do not need to pay us anything ahead of time to secure our services. Call (404) 888-8888 to speak with a member of our team today.