If you suffered a spinal cord injury in a car accident in Stonecrest, GA, you may be eligible to collect compensation for the medical care you need now and in the future. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can determine if your injuries entitle you to compensation and how much you can receive.
A Stonecrest spinal cord injury lawyer can help you by:
- Proving the cause of your accident
- Gathering evidence to prove negligence
- Reviewing the liable insurance policy
- Talking to the involved parties on your behalf
- Explaining your legal options and whether any settlement offers are viable
- Filing an insurance claim or lawsuit
- Updating you on the progression of your case
Find out more about what our team can do for you by calling (404) 888-8888.
Types of Compensation You May Be Entitled to Recover
If you have a valid case that warrants compensation, you may be entitled to collect economic and non-economic damages. “Damages” is a legal term that is frequently used interchangeably with the word “compensation.” Therefore, when discussing damages, we are merely referring to the compensation you may be awarded in your case.
Explaining the Types of Compensable Economic Damages
Economic damages refer to the monetary losses you incurred as a result of the car accident you were involved in.
Some examples might include:
- Medical expenses. Spinal cord injuries can be treated with medications, immobilization, surgery, and even experimental treatments. A Stonecrest spinal injury lawyer at our firm may be able to help you recover compensation to cover any treatment you need now or in the future.
- Lost wages. If you can no longer work or are unable to resume the position you had prior to the accident, you may be awarded compensation for this. In addition to requesting compensation for any wages you were unable to earn, our firm can also help you receive compensation for lost promotions, employee benefits, and tips.
- Property damage expenses. If you suffered a spinal cord injury in a motor vehicle accident, chances are, your car was damaged. This could prevent you from completing an array of day-to-day errands. Our lawyer can evaluate the cost of your vehicle’s damage and include these losses in your claim.
Depending on your situation, you may be eligible to recover other types of economic damages not included here.
Understanding Different Kinds of Recoverable Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages account for losses that are not financial in nature.
While these losses may be difficult to calculate (as their values are calculated on a case-by-case basis), you could receive coverage for:
- Pain and suffering. Spinal cord injuries are painful and can lead to a person losing certain physical abilities, according to Mayo Clinic. If you cannot walk, exercise, or live independently, you could be awarded for the pain and suffering another party has caused you to experience.
- Mental anguish. If you’re suffering from anxiety, depression, or another mental health condition that was caused by the accident, we can determine if the liable party should compensate you for this.
- Loss of enjoyment of life. Depending on how severe your injury is, life may not be as enjoyable as it once was. If you can’t participate in activities you once found pleasure in, these circumstances call for justice and compensation.
- Disability. Your accident may have left you with a lifelong or long-term disability. You can request compensation for the challenge of being disabled. To calculate this loss, your lawyer will need to take into account your mobility, daily pain levels, your working capacity, and whether you can live by yourself. Recovering compensation for disability is different than the program offered through the government––although you may qualify.
To find out how much your spinal cord injury might entitle you to collect in damages, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888. We offer a free initial case evaluation where you can explore your financial recovery options at no obligation.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal injury lawyer serving Stonecrest, call (404) 888-8888
The Time Limit to File a Lawsuit Against Another Party Following a Collision
In addition to knowing what types of damages you may be entitled to collect, you may also be wondering how long you have to file a lawsuit against the party who caused your accident (if need be).
Your case will likely be settled through an insurance claim, per the American Bar Association (ABA). However, if the insurer refuses to pay for the cost of your damages, then you could recover compensation through a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
In the state of Georgia, you generally have up to two years to file a lawsuit against a negligent party, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. We can explain how the state’s deadline impacts your case and how long you have to take action when you call us today.
Stonecrest Spinal Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Can Help with Different Types of Car Accidents
If you suffered a spinal cord injury as a result of a car accident, our team is here to help you. There are many types of collisions that can result in spinal cord injuries.
We have helped our clients recover compensation after being injured in the following:
- Drunk or drugged driving accidents
- Illegal U-turn accidents
- Improper lane change crashes
- Distracted driving accidents
- Fatigued driver accidents
- Road rage collisions
- Speeding accidents
We can provide legal assistance even if you were injured in a collision not included here.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to Recover Compensation
Living life with a spinal cord injury can be challenging. You may now need assistance with basic tasks, and you may no longer be able to work. If you would like to find out more about recovering compensation to help with your injury-related expenses, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today. You can explore working with our Stonecrest spinal injury lawyer for free.
Dial (404) 888-8888 to get started.