When another driver hits your car from behind and leaves you with serious injuries, you may have the right to seek compensation. Yet, to secure financial recovery for your damages, you will need to show how the other party’s negligence led to your accident. This can be difficult to accomplish by yourself, but with the help of a Stonecrest rear-end collisions lawyer, you can rest and focus on your health.
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we understand the legal legwork that goes into recovering compensation for injured people. We are not afraid to go up against aggressive insurance companies, nor do we have a problem with filing personal injury lawsuits.
Feel free to call us at (404) 888-8888 to learn more about your options. We can also explain how we work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that you do not owe us anything upfront for our help.
A Stonecrest Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Can Determine Fault
Georgia operates under comparative negligence laws, per O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33. This means that in order to recover compensation, the other driver must be more at fault than you. When negotiating a settlement, the liable insurance company may argue that you caused the collision and cannot seek financial recovery.
Yet, with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers on your side, you do not have to worry about this. We can utilize various pieces of evidence to demonstrate who caused your accident.
These pieces of evidence can include:
- Traffic camera footage
- Photos of your vehicle’s damage
- Testimony from eyewitnesses and accident reconstruction specialists
- The accident report
We want to help you recover compensation for your damages. Even if you think that you contributed to the collision, do not assume that you cannot seek reimbursement. You can call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today to discuss your situation.
The Cause of Your Accident Will Help Your Lawyer Determine Fault
Your lawyer will need to determine how your accident happened to recover compensation for your damages. Their findings will also give them more information on how the other driver acted negligently.
Some causes of your rear-end collision may include:
- Speeding. A driver who is traveling too fast may not be able to stop in time to avoid hitting another car.
- Distracted driving. A motorist who does not have their full attention on the road may be unable to recognize certain hazards.
- Drunk driving. An intoxicated driver may be physically or cognitively unable to perform certain maneuvers. Drunk driving is illegal in Georgia, as described by the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety.
- Reckless driving. A driver who weaves in and out of traffic or fails to obey traffic signals can be considered reckless.
Once our team determines the cause of your accident, as well as fault, we can enter into negotiations with the liable insurer.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Stonecrest, call (404) 888-8888
Recoverable Damages in a Stonecrest Rear-End Collision
There are a number of compensable damages that you can pursue following a rear-end collision.
Some of these losses include:
- Medical bills, including for medications and procedures that you may need in the future
- Income that you lost during your recovery period
- Loss of future earning capacity, if your health impedes your earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
There may be other damages for which you can receive compensation. Your lawyer can review what types of damages you can recover and assign a monetary value to them.
Stonecrest Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Understanding Georgia’s Statute of Limitations
In the state of Georgia, O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 gives car accident claimants two years to file their personal injury lawsuits. By contacting Bader Scott Injury Lawyers after your accident, you can rest assured that we will keep your case on track and meet all necessary deadlines.
Additionally, the sooner we can begin investigating your case, the sooner we can begin negotiating a settlement. Dial (404) 888-8888 to talk to our team.
Examples of Injuries in Rear-End Collisions
When someone else hits your car from behind, you may experience whiplash, per the Mayo Clinic. This happens when the force of an impact causes the muscles, ligaments, and tendons in your neck to jerk back and forth. This type of injury can cause intense pain, stiffness, and weakness in the neck.
Yet, whiplash is not the only type of injury that can happen as a result of a rear-end collision.
Additional injuries that you may have suffered include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord damage
- Torn ligaments
- Strains and sprains
- Cuts, scratches, and bruises
- Organ damage
Do not assume that your injuries do not merit compensation. Let a Stonecrest rear-end collisions lawyer make that determination for you. Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to learn whether you are eligible to receive compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Work to Win the Money You Deserve
When you hire Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, you can be certain that we will work as hard as we can to secure financial recovery for you.
We will perform a number of tasks on your behalf, including:
- Negotiating with the insurer
- Interviewing witnesses who could provide testimony
- Reviewing your medical records
- Investigating the circumstances of your accident
- Calculating the cost of your accident-related losses
- Representing you in court, if your case reaches that point
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
We are ready to start working on your case today. Do not worry about the obligations that go into building a successful personal injury case; let the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers handle those obligations for you.
To begin a free case review with a member of our Georgia law firm, call (404) 888-8888.