A person on foot is no match for a moving motor vehicle, and pedestrian accidents often result in life-altering or deadly injuries. However, if you or your loved one was struck by a car, truck, or bus, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers could help. Our Garden City pedestrian accident attorneys can assist you in pursuing compensation for your medical bills and more with an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Pedestrian Accidents Are Occurring More Frequently
According to the Governors Highway Safety Association (GSA), fatal pedestrian accidents have increased since 2009 and account for about 20 percent of all traffic fatalities. Additionally, GSA data from the first six months of 2019 found that Georgia, along with Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, and Texas, accounted for about half of all pedestrian traffic deaths nationwide.
To decrease the number of pedestrian accidents, Georgia instituted its Pedestrian Safety Action Plan (PSAP). One of the plan’s focus areas is Chatham County, home to Garden City, where more than 900 pedestrian crashes occurred from 2011 to 2015.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Garden City, call (404) 888-8888
Types of Compensation Injured Pedestrians Can Receive
If you did not cause your pedestrian crash, you should not get stuck with the cost of your medical treatment and other losses. You deserve compensation, and our pedestrian accident lawyers will fight for you. We can pursue damages including:
- Current medical bills – We can seek reimbursement for medical treatment you have already received, including emergency department care, hospitalizations, and surgeries.
- Expected future medical needs – We can consult your doctor (with your permission) and other medical professionals about your future medical requirements and pursue a sum to pay for necessary care. This may include physical therapy, cognitive rehabilitation, follow-up procedures, long-term nursing services, and lifecare.
- Physical pain – You may qualify for awards for your physical pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, and loss of a limb or body part.
- Mental and emotional suffering – Severe injuries can take a toll on your emotional and mental well-being. We can seek compensation for depression, anxiety, stress, loss of sleep, and mental anguish.
- Reductions to your quality of life – We can pursue awards for the overall reduction to your quality of life, including the inability to work or participate in hobbies and activities you used to enjoy.
- Lost wages – If you have missed work due to your injuries and recovery, we can recoup your back pay and lost earnings and benefits. If you have a permanent or disabling injury that prevents you from going back to work, you may qualify for awards for the loss of your earning potential.
- Various out-of-pocket expenses – We can review your receipts and bills and make sure you pursue reimbursement for all of your accident-related costs, including household services, medical travel expenses, medically necessary home and vehicle modifications, and more.
- Wrongful death compensation – If your loved one sustained a fatal injury, we could help you seek losses related to their accident, including medical treatment, funeral and burial expenses, and their lost wages. Surviving family members may also qualify for awards for pain and suffering caused by the loss of their loved one.
Garden City Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Most traffic accidents occur because of negligent driving, but road conditions and vehicle problems also contribute to collisions. Common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Driving under the influence
- Driver inattention
- Failure to yield
- Failure to stop at a marked intersection
- Dangerous intersection design
- Negligent road maintenance
- Inadequate lighting
- Faulty brakes and tires
Some pedestrian accidents do not involve vehicles at all. Those on foot can suffer injuries due to construction accidents, broken and cracked sidewalks, negligent bicyclists, and even the actions of other pedestrians. No matter the cause of your injuries, we will get to the bottom of your pedestrian accident and pursue compensation from all liable parties.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Does Car Insurance Cover Accidents Involving Pedestrians?
Yes, most automobile insurance policies cover accidents involving pedestrians. This means that our pedestrian accident lawyers can seek a settlement for your damages from the at-fault driver’s insurance provider. However, if the driver who hit you does not have coverage above the state-mandated minimums, they may not be able to satisfy your losses fully.
Our lawyers will review your case and your options for financial recovery. We may pursue awards with a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit if necessary. If we decide to go to court, Georgia’s statute of limitations allows two years to file your case, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
Our attorneys can also help you pursue compensation through your insurance provider if you have applicable policies. For example, if a hit-and-run driver caused your accident, you may qualify for a settlement if you carry uninsured/underinsured motorist protection.
How an Attorney Can Help with Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
Our award-winning legal team is here to help you get your life back. Since 2008, our practice has helped personal injury and auto accident victims fight for justice. We will take care of every aspect of your case so you can concentrate on your healing. We will:
- Gather evidence, including photos, videos, and information from the scene of your accident
- Obtain police reports, medical records, proof of your financial losses, and other documents
- Consult with professionals who can provide expert testimony
- Locate and interview witnesses
- File your claims and lawsuits and handle case-related communications
- Negotiate to achieve the best possible outcome for your case
- Represent you at trial if needed
We promise to treat you with respect, dignity, and compassion throughout your case. When you reach out to our legal team, we will do our best to reply within 24 hours and clearly and concisely answer your questions and address your concerns (no legalese). In addition, we will provide you with regular updates and always give you the final say in matters related to your case.
Get Help with Your Case from a Garden City Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
Our Garden City pedestrian accident attorneys can take your case on contingency, meaning we do not collect a fee unless we win a settlement or verdict in your favor. To find out more, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today for a risk-free, no-cost case evaluation.